There are a lot of gut-wrenching deaths in Harry Potter. Sirius, Dumbledore, Fred, Lupin - why J.K. Rowling, why! But out of all the characters who lost their lives, for us, Dobby's will always be the saddest. It hurt then and it still stings to this day! He made the ultimate sacrifice to protect Harry and his friends (and it went down in the place where he was magically enslaved for years.)
RELATED: Can You Figure Out These Harry Potter Riddles?
He was funny, selfless, and most important of all - a free house-elf. Here are 28 of our favorite Dobby quotes.
- [Talking about Dumbledore] He said we is free to call him a — a barmy old codger if we likes, sir!
- Draco Malfoy is a bad boy!
- Kreacher will not insult Harry Potter in front of Dobby, no he won't, or Dobby will shut Kreacher's mouth for him!
- Dobby is a free house-elf and he can obey anyone he likes and Dobby will do whatever Harry Potter wants him to do!
- Dobby would be honoured to help Harry Potter!
- Dobby has come to rescue you.
- Dobby has no master!
- Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!
- Harry... Potter....
- Dobby does it all himself, sir, but Dobby does not mind, for he always hopes to meet Harry Potter and tonight, sir, he has got his wish!
- Dobby heard tell of it from the other house-elves when he came to Hogwarts, sir. It is known by us as the Come and Go Room, sir, or else as the Room of Requirement!
- Dobby has heard of your greatness, sir, but of your goodness, Dobby never knew…
- But Dobby has come to protect Harry Potter, to warn him, even if he does have to shut his ears in the oven door later… Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts
- Harry Potter must stay where he is safe. He is too great, too good, to lose. If Harry Potter goes back to Hogwarts, he will be in mortal danger.
- There is a plot, Harry Potter. A plot to make most terrible things happen at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year.
- Then Dobby must do it, sir, for Harry Potter’s own good.
- Dobby is used to death threats, sir. Dobby gets them five times a day at home.
- If he knew what he means to us, to the lowly, the enslaved, we dregs of the magical world!
- Master threw it, and Dobby caught it, and Dobby — Dobby is free.
- You shall not harm Harry Potter!
- Harry Potter set Dobby free!
- But Dobby hasn’t found work, sir, because Dobby wants paying now!
- But most wizards doesn’t want a house-elf who wants paying, miss. ‘That’s not the point of a house-elf,’ they says, and they slammed the door in Dobby’s face! Dobby likes work, but he wants to wear clothes and he wants to be paid, Harry Potter. . . . Dobby likes being free!
- And so Dobby is a free elf, sir, and Dobby gets a Galleon a week and one day off a month!
- but Dobby beat him down, miss. . . . Dobby likes freedom, miss, but he isn’t wanting too much, miss, he likes work better.
- Tis part of the house-elf’s enslavement, sir. We keeps their secrets and our silence, sir. We upholds the family’s honor, and we never speaks ill of them.
- “Dobby is going to buy a sweater next, Harry Potter!”
- Dobby knew sir must be a great wizard, for he is Harry Potter’s greatest friend, but Dobby did not know that he was also as generous of spirit, as noble, as selfless.
More Stuff You’ll Like
Dumbledore’s Army Quiz: Do You Know All 29 Members?
Harry Potter: Can You Pass This Draco Malfoy Quiz?
There are no comments to display.