Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Stop giving JBL a hard time!

Guest Floyd

The man plays his character better than anyone in the business!

the more succseful title defences he has, the more arrogant and funny he becomes= great tv.

there are very few people on smackdown that could do a better job of being a entertaining champ.

Give him dues for what he has achieved, the man deserves it.

I agree with you Floyd. JBL has grown comfortable in his character and as such is entertaining in the role. It is a Million $ Man for 2004, but JBL work. I'm not comparing his reign to Flair's but JBLis doing what Flair did years ago. JBlis the man we pay to see lose, & each time he doesn't, it makes us more determined to see him lose next time.

JBL #1

HDC

Guest HH-Evolution

I agree - JBL may not be the best guy out on the mat, but his Promo's are gold...^^;

Still doesn't mean I can tolerate his championship for too much longer though, lol...

Sure his promo's are good, but now, people are so tired of him, its bad heat not good heat. If he could work like Dibiase then fair enough, but his matches are incredibly forumlaic, and JBL himself is incredibly limited. Although the sad point is, right now, there aren't that many options as to who can be champ, that's at least fresh.

Guest BWS Soldier
i like JBL ok as said above he hasn't got the best ring work but his promos are excellent he really looks like he always enjoys himself ok maybe it is getting a bit boring him being the champ this long but i really enjoy it when JBL comes out and he makes me laugh anyway i do hope he loses the title soon though

He can rock the mike as much has he wants. I don't pay to watch promos.

He can't bring it to the ring and that's all that matters.

i dont think u know what your talking about. great promos is what makes great matches.

wwe itself is all about promos- from promoting matches,superstars,ppvs,etc etc. they are the best in the business.

what fun would it be watching 2 guys fight that you never heard off? exactly- it would be boring, so therefor the promos are equally as important as the match. enough said.

Promo's arent as important as the match. Promo's make you want to see the match, but if thats absolutely useless, then the payoff is lousy.

Neither Chris Benoit or Dean Malenko are particularly any good at promos, yet I'm incredibly sure they'd have a miles better match than JBL v say Gene Snitsky.

i am talkin about the wwe - entertainment

u cannot deny that there whole company is based on promos its what makes us tune in every week

if they had random guys pretend to fight each week, would we tune in? i think not because we wouldnt give a dam who won or loses.

thats why the wrestlers are 'characters' so we can relate or sympathise with them.

Wahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah genius. Hokuto vs Kandori and Misawa vs Kawada sure do suck because there is no promo build up. Takada matches are worthless unless he busted out his catch phrases before hand. Misawa/Kobashi vs Kawada/Taue can be dismissed purely on the basis of no Mean Gene interview.

No one could ever tell a meaningful story within the confines of the ring itself. Never.

I would posit that it is you that have no real idea what it is you are talking about.

Dragon man, I know what you are trying to say dude, and I agree with you. Those matches are far better then anything that the WWE can bring to the plate. But this IS the US forum. If you should have learned one thing, it's that you can not argue japanese wrestling with die hard american wrestling fans...apples and oranges dude!

As I said Benoit v Malenko or JBL v Snitsky. Promos can certainly make you more interested in a match. But I'm sure most people here would rather watch Chris Benoit v Jushin Liger match for 25 mins for no reason, than a 6 month feud between say JBL and John Heidenreich, all built up through promos.