Fan Clubs (beta)

Ordered the Nintendo DS...

Guest A.C.

...probably didn't get the VERY best price but A.C. need his retail therapy today.

Picked up the US machine with a UK charger adaptor along with Mario 64DS for a few pennies over £170.

This is where:

GBAX

Anyone had a go on one of these? What do you reckon?

I've got one, and it's great. The touch screen is Oh so sexy! I've got Mario and Feel the Magic. Mario seems really odd at first, without the analog stick, but there are a few options on how to control it, I've stuck with the d-pad though, It just takes a little getting used too. The visuals and mini games are fantastic.

I'd recommend Feel the Magic, It's all controlled with the stylus and the mic. It's a load of mini games built around the story of trying to 'pull' and it is brilliant!

Mines from Japan, and cost about £70, I got the games seperate from America, they were about £15 each. I just use my GBA charger to charge the bitchin lovely up.

Good buy, I love mine, so there's no reason you won't love yours.

I got tomorrow off and the website says 24-hr delivery so *fingers-x'd*.

I looked at that Feel The Magic and wasn't sure. I'll have to have a look at it in the shops in the Spring before I get that one. Does the US DS come with the Metroid demo, do you know?

Guest voice of reason
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one- largely for the new Warioware game at the moment. Not sure if I can afford it right now, though.

The tension is building, I got home to three emails - one from worldpay confirming the transaction, one from Gbax confirming the order and another from Gbax confirming that the items had been dispatched.

*Does the happy dance*

Yes' date=' the US DS comes with the Metroid demo. As I found out, the Jap version doesn't :([/quote']

Ah, I read something about this after I posted the question. It seems only the initial run of DS's - the first batch shipped over from China to the US - had the demo in the package. I guess it'll come down to whether or not Gbax bought their stock early...

I see. I tried getting the US one at launch, but failed. The website I got it from, asked if I wanted a Jap one instead. It came set in Japanese language, which was slightly irritating, until I found the fact sheet, that the website slipped into the box, which told me how to change it to English. All the instructions are in Japanese though, but I've never been one for instructions.

Guest Anime Otaku
i think if ibother getting a new hand held it will be the PSP as its been getting great reviews fr the hardwear plus it will probably have a GTA game

A.C.'s movements this morning:

Arose from the pit at twenty past ten.

Paid a visit to the lavatory.

Went downstairs.

Found card from the postman saying he called at ten fifteen but couldn't fit the parcel through the door.

Shed a silent tear.

Dammit. I now have to wait an hour or so before I go to the delivery office. It's making my brain itch.

Guest voice of reason
i think if ibother getting a new hand held it will be the PSP as its been getting great reviews fr the hardwear plus it will probably have a GTA game

I'll get both at some stage. PSP is a very natty piece of kit, but battery life may be an issue (Graphically intensive games like Ridge Racers use up the battery in three hours, and is dramatically reduced when playing over a network). I'll try to get one of them when they launch, with the deciding factors being launch line up and price. Last I heard for PSP is aboout £175 for the equivalent of the Jap 'value pack'.

Well,it's been in my possession for about 2 hours now and I can definately say, without fear of hyperbole, that it's the bestest thing evaaaaar.

I got Mario 64DS with it and it plays brilliantly. The touchscreen took a little getting used to but it's dandy once you've got the way of it. I've spent most of the time playing the mini-games that have been added onto the main game, though. Only 8 are unlocked at the start but, I believe, there are at least twenty in the game to unlock.

'Tis fab. :D