Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

How to improve Smackdown?

Guest poland74

Guest poland74

Maybe peoples opinion on how bad it is may vary but everyone generally agrees Smackdown needs some improvements. Heres my ideas.

Tape it live, cut the adverts especially during matches (that really annoys me and rarely happens on raw), sack Michael Cole, bring in some different stars to have new feuds, bring in quality cruiserweights and dedicate a portion of the show to them.

Scrap most of the useless diva's unless they can be used in some way like Amy Weber was. There is also no need for no name wrestlers to be on the show unless they are going to be regulars and cause an upset.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I never understood about Smackdown! is that it's taped, but they have adverts during matches. Why? That's footage that they've taken the time to record, but is never shown on TV. It wouldn't be so bad if they took breaks and when they came back they carried on from the exact spot that they left, but they don't even do that. That would be the first thing I'd change about Smackdown!, it annoys me that I can miss like 10 minutes of wrestling action on each show for no apparent reason.

Guest The Beltster

Cancel it. I'd enjoy SD! alot more if it no longer excisted! lol

If I had to improve it, though, I'd simply end the brand extention and combine the rosters, but that int going to happen. SD! are thin on talent, NAME talent. The cruisers will never be used right in WWE and SD! is like a cruiser show, so that explains something right off the bat.

They do have some good top card wrestlers such as Eddie guerrero, John Cena, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Booker T etc. but the whole mid card needs sorting out, they need to find some more established wrestlers especially tag teams, cos apart from maybe Rey Mysterio and a few others the midcard is not good, maybe after wrestlemania if they have a brand split maybe some people like Jericho, Edge, Hbk or something could head to smackdown along with Val Venis who would make a very good mid card wrestler like he was back in 98,99, and maybe they could send some of the lesser talent to Raw or even release them

Guest Slim Jim
Im gonna go with TWO's member and heel of the week, BeltMark. The only way to make SD better without ending the brand extension is to ruin Raw by giving it all of Raw's talent. Join Raw and SmackDown and you have a decent sized talent pool rather than a mediocre one on Raw and a crap one on SmackDown.

Guest MartynJ

join them back (not gonna happen though) or get a few entertainers there like stonecold liven the show up more, or just get more writers in ,

but i agree with the above slimjim and belty

Guest vulgarfictions
I agree with slimjim, belt, and jacko. I never understood why they did the split thing in the first place. It was much better when the storyline was continuous throughout the week, and one could actually look forward to smackdown.

Guest MartynJ
I agree with slimjim' date=' belt, and jacko. I never understood why they did the split thing in the first place. It was much better when the storyline was continuous throughout the week, and one could actually [i']look forward[/i] to smackdown.

agreed it was better before you'd watch raw then you couldnt wait to see SD to find out was was gonna happen, but they had to spilt it too many superstars after the buy outs

but to make it better if they just got a decent exective producer for the show

like wcw did with bisshoff let him call all the shots, some creative storylines it could turn back round

The main diffrence between smackdown and RAW is that RAW focuses on the more on the story as smackdown choose to focus on the wrestlers and make them more and more diffrent from each other. I think Raw and Smackdown are equally good

Ending the roster split would completely ruin both shows, and mean a lot of guys would have to be sacked to accomodate the main eventers being on both shows.

One thing they should do on SD (and Raw as well really) is build a proper tag team division, instead of handing the belts to any two guys who happen to be over (see RVD/Rey) or guys who flopped as champ and/or have lame gimmicks (619 cam? lowrider? :roll).

Having 4 or 5 decent teams like they used to in the late 80's/early 90's would be great.

They should also ditch those two ugly bints Rochelle and whatever that Sable look-a-like was called, and show Michelle McCool doing somersaults some more. :xyx

Ed

Move some guys to SD to equal out the rosters as its incredibly uneven. And get people who actually have a clue about wrestling to write the shows too.