Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

How to improve Smackdown?

Guest poland74

7.push when fit RVD and Booker t

Both are boring to me. RVD was good in ECW, which means what? Nothing, ECW like RVD was average but something different. He looked good in ECW yes, but he wouldn't bring new fans in, nor be entertaining.

Boooker T, I have always liked but he is like Jericho. Being champion wouldn't work for him. He was a comedy jobber not so long back with Goldust, is he really the man or name to take SD! to a whole ne wlevel? I doubt it.

My answer is, trade Orton to SD!. Has him continue his Legend Killer gimmick (or a gimmick about SD! being a poorer show, and claiming he can beat evryone on it, which is almost the same). Also keep Jannetty on there. Then move over Michaels and have them a loose tag team. I'm not talking about them only in the tag division, but have them as tag partners, who do skits together and odd matches. Keep Jannetty as a midcard wrestler with few fights, and Michaels as the champion.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SWHazzard23

They Should Stop Insulting Our Intelligence

Well, there's a wealth of history behind a lot of the characters on the show. The writers don't really draw on any of that, and most of the time we're force fed pointless segments which fail to present wrestling in a positive light.

We at least have to be able to suspend our disbelief for a few hours and go along with the idea that wrestling is a real competition with real world class competitors. It's hard to do that when the show is littered with women who serve no purpose, segments that don't advance any sort or long-term plot, elementary school level humor, and two announcers who rarely even mention what the wrestling moves we're seeing let alone make useful references to the rich history of wrestling.

To improve things, the show needs to take itself and its audience more seriously. Instead of constantly appealing to the lowest common denominator (thirteen year old boys and channel surfers looking for a set of boobs), it needs to rebuild interest amongst die-hard fans through calculated, on-going, wrestling-based fueds. And there needs to be announcers and personallities that can promote the matches and will make audiences believe in their importance. Paul Heyman did this. Michael Cole can not. Jim Ross does this. Joey Styles does this. Tazz was a wrestler and can't do play-by-play to save his life.

I think the roster is good. It could be used better. For example, there have been some great cruiserweight title matches in WWE, but no one cares. And that's the fault of the announcers and the writers. It's all about the presentation and overall tone of the show. It's called "SmackDown!". Do you ever take a step back and think to yourself how stupid the word SmackDown! sounds coming out of someone's mouth in 2005? It's high time for an overhaul.

Guest Jimmy Redman
get the creative team in one room and roll a hand grenade in.BOOM!!!!!

get Steph and HHH in a room together (shouldnt be that hard to do) and then roll a grenade in....

WAIT! that would solve problems on both RAW and Smackdown!!! :lol

Guest malaphesto
after hours and hours of thinking i realized that there is nothing that can be done to improve smackdown. it's too far gone

Guest Gladiator

Yo Jack what are you on RVD is one of the most under used talents in WWE

He has great mike skills, He can wrestle in excellant exciting matches. Don't believe me ? WWE matches not ECW

Look at No mercy 2001, triple threat him Angle and Austin, as an example bu there were others.

And if Smackdown could slightly turn to combine ECW's style and TNA's style then they will be on the way to get close to raw again

And if Smackdown could slightly turn to combine ECW's style and TNA's style then they will be on the way to get close to raw again

So hardcore and crap!? CZW already do that! :D

Guest Gladiator

TNA is not crap they have some of the best cruiserweights in the world and some of the best matches in the world.

AJ Styles, Petey Williams, Chris Sabin, Michael Shane, Chris Daniels, Elix skipper

Plus all the top Tag matches that WWE can't compete with

Two words to improve Smackdown CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION ! ! ! ! Make the cruiserweight title mean something and they could be tearing down arenas with 30 minute 'slobberknockers' from Paul London and Chavo Guerrero. NJPW have done it wit so many superstars, Smackdown writer's just have to look towards their counterparts and make simple but much-needed changes ! ! Tag Division would also be nice... make Smackdown the place for 'the other fans'. The ppl who want the storyline's and HHH in every other scene can go to Raw and for the ppl who actually want wrestling come to Smackdown for varied matches with high-flying action that matches TNA. Of course none of this will happen but it would help a lot if it ever did ! !

Guest Gladiator
Two words to improve Smackdown CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION ! ! ! ! Make the cruiserweight title mean something and they could be tearing down arenas with 30 minute 'slobberknockers' from Paul London and Chavo Guerrero. NJPW have done it wit so many superstars' date=' Smackdown writer's just have to look towards their counterparts and make simple but much-needed changes ! ! Tag Division would also be nice... make Smackdown the place for 'the other fans'. for the ppl who actually want wrestling come to Smackdown for varied matches with high-flying action that matches TNA. [/quote']

I agree with skullz completly TNA and the x division should be copied in some way to make crusierweight title mean something. Look at TNA, there title has iron man matches, ultimate x and other bouts that make the belt worth fighting for. Cruiser title means nothing, same for tag team, WWE need new fresh tag teams like AMW in TNA

Guest Blader
Two words to improve Smackdown CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION ! ! ! ! Make the cruiserweight title mean something and they could be tearing down arenas with 30 minute 'slobberknockers' from Paul London and Chavo Guerrero. NJPW have done it wit so many superstars

Most of WWE`s fans are casual and watch it mainly for the storylines, and wrestling is known more as a sport in Japan, so a 30 minute cruiserweight match will bore the hell out of the audience, and help ratings fall even lover than they already are.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gladiator
Maybe your right but we won't know unless WWE try it but on a supercard eg Wrestlemania would have been good, have a 30 min match and see fans reaction, bored or excited to hell and believe me most people would be excited if it was booked right

Guest wrestler223
Three words....Make it live. SmackDown loses a ton of viewers because they can read the spoilers before it airs. Either both RAW and SmackDown should be live or both should not, not one or the other. SmackDown could also use one or two more main-eventers, such as Jericho or Orton. Or just end the brand split altogether...that's what I would do.