Fan Clubs (beta)

Community Newsletter Poll: Sega Vs Nintendo, the early years.

Paul

Sega or Nintendo?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Sega or Nintendo?

• Sonic ruled my world. Sega for me.
    • Fat gay plummers are teh bestest! Nintendo all the way.
    • Meh, they both sucked. I had a Comodore 64.

I've always been a Nintendo fan more then a Sega fan because Nintendo where more inventive with their games, better controls and also more variety...

I owned a Master system and Mega Drive though, simply because I loved Alex the Kid and Sonic as well... But overall Mario 1, 2 and 3 beat the early Sonic's.... Only Sonic 3 and Knuckles came close... But hell Super Mario World was better then both of them too...

Add in better WWF games, a WCW game, Starwing, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3 and then cap it off with the Legend Of Zelda series and the SNES owned the Mega Drive...

And thats without the awesome imported version of Chrono Trigger as well.

Sega as I used to own a Master System' date=' which I regret getting rid of as there are times I want to play Sonic and Alex Kidd :([/quote']

Well you need to get down to your local boot fair. We picked one up last year with about 20 games for a tenner.

For me, it's gotta be Nintendo. King of the games makers.

Guest Kanenite

I own a nes, so I voted for that. Only two games on it, which were, Super Mario 3 and Ninja turtles. I remember playing on the Megadrive round my cousins when we were young, about 6 and we would sit there and play it all night, but the Nes gets my vote.

Alex Kidd? Please remind me. Was that the one where you played Rock, Paper, Scissors at one point? If so, that game ruled!

Edited by Kanenite

Guest Anime Otaku
Nintendo for me, the first console i ever owned was a beige gameboy, when it broke i got a white one then a silver GB pocket, though i did also own a C64, an Amiga 500 and Amiga 1200 at various times too. Currently i have the GameCube and a PS2 and plan to get both next gen machines too and possibly the handhelds.

Currently i have the GameCube and a PS2 and plan to get both next gen machines too and possibly the handhelds.

Bah, to quote Homer Simpson:

Lucky cripple.................

I ahve a semi broken PS2, and thats it. I have to play games on my PC (downloaded from the net) or Top Trumps.

I had both the MegaDrive & SNES, but I played on the MD more - Sonic's speed blew me away, rather than having to jump in slow motion :P

All I have to say is Mortal Kombat - the SNES version sucked because there wasn't any blood, what kind of console won't allow blood? :P

Currently i have the GameCube and a PS2 and plan to get both next gen machines too and possibly the handhelds.

Bah, that's nothing :P

Currently:

3 Xboxes, 2 GameCubes (1 US, one UK), 1 PS2, 2 GBAs, 1 GBA SP, 1 Neo Geo, N64, SNES, and a few I'm sure I've forgotten about :P

Bah, that's nothing :P

Currently:

3 Xboxes, 2 GameCubes (1 US, one UK), 1 PS2, 2 GBAs, 1 GBA SP, 1 Neo Geo, N64, SNES, and a few I'm sure I've forgotten about :P

2 Cubes, X-Box, PS2, 2 PS1's, Master System, Mega Drive, SNES, 2 N64's, GBA, DS. Let's join together and give TWO a BIG :D

I was thinking that too, personally, take out one N64 and the X-Box and I'm the same as wyndorf. Just never been compelled to buy an X-Box considering my main interest in gaming is wrestling games and... well y'know.

Now stop waving your un-needed nerd e-penises

I was always a Nintendo fan, i loved my NES and then my SNES, both were my life when i was younger. I couldnt stand anyone who had a sega as they couldnt match up to the fat gay plumber!

Why 3 Xboxes?!?

Because you can link them together for multi-player/multi-console games

A lot of games allow multi-console, like Halo & Halo 2 can have 4 consoles, 16 players

In the UK we had 4 Xboxes, all permanently networked :)

See, the Xbox is for people who have friends :D