Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Triple H: Superstar to Legend

Guest Wrestle King

Guest Wrestle King

Triple H has come a long way from his rich boy days when he first came into the WWE. When he first appeared on the WWE scene, he was portrayed as stuck-up rich man from Connecticuit. At this time, Triple H was your average WWE superstar. He was a heel who fought your general face characters and he eventually moved up the ranks to gain the intercontinental championship.

During this time, Triple H alligned himself with Shawn Michaels to create the most controversial group in wrestling history. D-Generation X was the WWE's answer to WCW's NWO. The group was shown giving the finger to fans, practicing public nudity, and other controversial events that only be committed by such a group as DX. This is what really put Triple H on the map a true superstar. As the months and years went on, Triple H eventually took over DX when Shawn Michaels lost the title to Steve Austin at Wrestlemania XV (Michaels was injured). This was the start of a new era of professional wrestling. The era of "The Game" simply brought wrestling to a whole new level that has not been visited in a long time. Within a few years, Triple H turned on DX eventually went on his own. Triple H went on to dominate the world of pro wrestling by winning the most respected title in the wrestling a number of times. By having a champion such a Triple H, it gives the world of professional wrestling a villain to beat. When someone is viewed as being unbeatable, fans tune in each week to see if some superstar can top him.

Triple H even carried the WWE title to new heights when he defended it in the first ever elimination chamber match. Although he lost the title to Shawn Michaels, the night was more special because Michaels won the from Triple H. DOn't get me wrong, Michaels winning the title is great and it needs to happen again, but it won't be as great unless he wins it from a superstar as dominant as Triple H. Triple H is one of the best champions of all time and he will continue to be one of the best superstars to wrestle. His wrestling skills, mic skills, and role skills are by far, the best in the entire industry. The sign of a true legend is when one can step-up and take over the show when it needs to be taken over. Triple H did this many times in the past and he will continue to do this many times in the future. Triple H has become a true legend whether you like him or not. Like him or hate him, he is the best in the world today and he will continue to be just that for years to come.

Guest HH-Evolution

Nice history lesson...:3

Shame there's almost little else to explain why it's here, heh...

And I'm sure other people here might disagree with the legend bit, but I pretty certainly wouldn't. XD

if he continues as he's doing now.. he's not even a great superstar in my eyes...

sure he's good in carriying his caracter.. can have a decent match with everybody just with his presence..

BUT we've all seen it now... the gimmick is getting stale... VERY stale...

I dont think he is a legend quite yet. When I think Legend I think Flair, Hogan, Taker, and HBK. Triple H isnt there yet, but he's almost there.

He's definately a legend in my eyes, best in the business at the moment, and easily a future hall of famer

You think Flair calls him "the greatest wrestler alive today" as a gimmick and an attempt to get him over? - methinks not. Coming from one of the best of all time, there honestly isn't a bigger compliment that can be given

Legend, okay... can't deny it really. Greatest ever ? All opinion... I'm not a huge fan of HHH and never really have been. I enjoy the part which skips over his marriage to Stephanie McMahon and his power hogging... (before ANYONE jumps on me, it happened ! I'm not claiming the only reason he succeeded is because he married the boss' daughter but it sure as hell kept him up there for a LONG time ! ! Ask Booker, eh ? ! ?)

Unlike certain certified "blind" marks out there, i'm not going to deny that he has been, as you put, hogging, the top spot and championship for the last 3 years. But when you look at it, there is a reason for that - no one is better. I don't think there's anyone on the roster who could have pulled better ratings than Triple H during that time

I don't know whether to class HHH as legendary or not.

For his 1999-2000 run he was the best in the business, without a shadow of a doubt.

But after his return from injury, he was bloated and far too big to begin with, yet managed to hold on to the World Championship even though he was putting on average matches.

My classic example of "why HHH shouldn't have retained" is the Chamber against Goldberg - he went in with an injury, and most champions would drop the belt if they're injured, instead he hits five punches, one Mr Sledgy shot and retains the belt.

Within the last year or so his ring-work has gotten back to a level where he's classed as one of the best in the WWE, but his promos had gotten stale.

I'm waiting to see if his work continues to improve after his last break, but he's only cut one promo and had a squash match, so it's hard to tell.

At this point, for me he's nowhere near a legend, mainly because he's only been a real draw for about 3-4 years, with a huge break in the middle for injury, and then a bad run, even with the Gold.

If he continues to work well for a few more years, then he might be a legend, but at this point, he shouldn't be classed as one.