Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Eugene's Gimmick

Guest Brad

Now i was just watching a match which looks around 1995 with Cactus Jack and Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer and Terry Funk.

Now Cactus (Mick Foley) has always been known in his gimmicks to have a couple of loose scres but not as bad as Eugene obviously. But in the match, Mick Foley was wearing a shirt with Eric Bischoff on the front and on the back saying "Forgive me uncle Eric". Now at the time i am sure he was doing it to piss off the ecw fans and because of him getting fired by wcw by at the time vice president Eric Bischoff.

Now seeing that they have made Eugene look a bit like Cactus, well only the scruffy look that is Mick Foley. But the fact that he is the nephew of Eric Bischoff, do you think in any way they have made Eugene's gimmick or more his gimmick when he first came to WWE to be like that of Cactus Jack in that certain match.

Guest Gladiator

Number 1 I doubt WWE writers were clever enough to go back and watch ECW.

Number 2 it is more likely one of their hollywood writers wanting to write a rocky type story, of the great underdog who defies his own mental ability and becomes a champion. Defeating his evil Uncle in the process.

The story worked but when they lost Eric and Tripper it died.

Number 3, it seem Vince wants to piss off Eric as much as possible by putting him in humiliating angles.

Today's writers don't know anything in wrestling, let alone look at a promotion that died RIP 4 years ago, plus researching back a decade is not their style as they want to move on, not back which I think can be a mistake.

But i believe this is a story that Eric put up with, i believe Eric has some say with gimmicks and i can see Eric loving this because he has had his problems with Mick. I understand what you are saying but in a way i can now see that Mick might not of been happy when seeing this. About WWE looking at this, maybe they have wanted to do this ever since Bischoff came, and Bischoff would definately of seen it at the time, same with WWE, because at the time, ECW was very interesting because they were starting to get big and noticable, i can just see a lot of similarities.

Guest Gladiator
But i believe this is a story that Eric put up with' date=' i believe Eric has some say with gimmicks and i can see Eric loving this because he has had his problems with Mick. I understand what you are saying but in a way i can now see that Mick might not of been happy when seeing this. About WWE looking at this, maybe they have wanted to do this ever since Bischoff came, and Bischoff would definately of seen it at the time, same with WWE, because at the time, ECW was very interesting because they were starting to get big and noticable, i can just see a lot of similarities.[/quote']

You could be right and perhaps Bischoff was willing to work with new talent but I just don't think Comedy is Bischoff's specialty and if Mick was unhappy about it then why was he willing to do a Rock n sock style story with Eugene?

You could be right and perhaps Bischoff was willing to work with new talent but I just don't think Comedy is Bischoff's specialty and if Mick was unhappy about it then why was he willing to do a Rock n sock style story with Eugene?

Maybe to prove he was ok with it, and maybe because he wanted to do it for the fans and not Bischoff, his problem isn't with Eugene but i believe it's with Eric, and many people i think don't like Eric and believe he shouldn't be on Raw, same with teddy on smackdown, but they don't leave, they do it for the money, for the fame, for the fans, and because they love, and they know that the wwe is the best place to be for supremacy.

Guest vortigern
Im glad Eugene`s gimmick is dying,ive posted before in TWO how disgusted i am at its portrayl of autistic people.I was watching on WWE.com the boos Eugene got for interfering in the Greg Valentine V Rob Conway match,he gets more boos than ever now,im sure WWE is gonna change Mr Dinsmore`s character for the better