Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Rene Dupree

Guest FreeSpirit

Guest FreeSpirit
Does anyone know what's happened to the Rene Dupree? I havent seen 'the French Phenom' on WWE TV in a few weeks now and was just wondering if he's on the injured list, or simply if creative have nothing for him at the moment?

its a shame, i really like Rene & really Liked La Resistance and thought they were a great heel stable, then they had to split them up, give Conway THE worst gimmick ever (i dont actually think i've ever seen him con someone) made Sylvan fued with Hardcore Holly (which may i add Sylvan should be honoured to work with Hardcore :lol) and they done nothing with Rene apart from have a half decent fued with Cena in mid 2004 where i think Rene should of won the US title because his french gimmick winning the US title would of got good heel heat, as soon as La Resistance reform the Tag division will be on the up rise again.

dude you've said that already

have i?

its a shame, i really like Rene & really Liked La Resistance and thought they were a great heel stable, then they had to split them up, give Conway THE worst gimmick ever (i dont actually think i've ever seen him con someone) made Sylvan fued with Hardcore Holly (which may i add Sylvan should be honoured to work with Hardcore :lol) and they done nothing with Rene apart from have a half decent fued with Cena in mid 2004 where i think Rene should of won the US title because his french gimmick winning the US title would of got good heel heat, as soon as La Resistance reform the Tag division will be on the up rise again.

no i dont think i did, i said it would of been good if he would of one it, but not once there did i say what level he was at.

i said it would of been good to win the US title because of his french gimmick, a foreign gimmick winning a US title will get a good heel reaction i didnt say it would of been good if he would of one it because he's at US title level, did i, no i didnt, so next time (i know i need to do this aswell) read the post fully, before replying, im not having a go at you just proving my point.

Guest Hoffmeister
its a shame' date=' i really like Rene & really Liked La Resistance and thought they were a great heel stable, then they had to split them up, give Conway THE worst gimmick ever (i dont actually think i've ever seen him con someone) made Sylvan fued with Hardcore Holly (which may i add Sylvan should be honoured to work with Hardcore :lol) and they done nothing with Rene apart from have a half decent fued with Cena in mid 2004 where i think Rene should of won the US title because his french gimmick winning the US title would of got good heel heat, as soon as La Resistance reform the Tag division will be on the up rise again.[/quote']

Agreed. Dupree should have became U.S champ in 2004 but after his feud with Cena his overness was killed. Cena absolutely buried him through the earths core, which he has not recovered from.

It's weird. One week he was on Heat doing colour during a Tyson Tomko squash. Dupree mentioned he was looking for a new tag team partner, and when Tomko won after about 30 seconds, he said something like "The search is over". As Tomko walked back up the ramp, Dupree stood up and give him a round of applause. It was pretty much set in stone from there on that we'd have a Dupree and Tomko tag team.

But the next night, Tomko appears on Raw and attacks John Cena. Nothing about Dupree is even mentioned. He's not been seen since, even in that number one contender battle royale made up of just about everyone on the Raw roster.

My guess is that he's injured and they scrapped the tag team idea, or he's been taken off air to be given some changes to his character. Dupree is still ridiculously young for someone who's got as much talented as he does. I'm sure he had only just turned 20 when he won his first tag team title with La Resistance. He's got time on his side to find a niche, then go with it. Dupree is a great natural heel with a good physique and plenty of charisma, I doubt WWE will be thinking of releasing him any time soon.

Guest Clarkey
Hes been working OVW, not entirely sure what hes been doing there but hes worked the last couple of their shows. So I'd just check OVW's reports on their websites or anywhere that recaps them for Mr Dupree's latest happening. I can't remember off the top of my head whom he faced last week, but he went over someone anyways as the legend that is Mark Henry was involved in the same show (how can you do an angle with edible underwear and a hand and not be a legend.)