Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The resume of the worst finisher ever: The FU

Guest It wasnt my WOOO

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the FU different to a death valley driver?

Technically, the person who is performing the move has different motions.

With the "sloppy" FU, all Cena does is drop his opponent down from his shoulders.

With the current "kneel out" FU, Cena turns towards his opponent as he performs the move, so he almost ends up with their head between his knees.

With the Death Valley Driver, the person performing the move actually drops to the side while still holding onto their opponent, so it looks like they're dropping them on their head and shoulders more.

The DVD:

http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/Moves/deathvalleydriver.wmv

The FU:

http://www.wrestlingencyclopedia.com/Moves2/F-U.wmv

It's subtle, but the FU impact is more onto the back than on the head/neck.

Finishers worse than the F-U

The Canadian Destroyer

The SSP or the 450 done by Kidman or London because they both become knee drops as opposed to splashes.

Carlito has a friggin DDT and no one cares.

HBK's finisher used to be used mid match in the 80 and early 90s, no one says anything

Once again, people needlessly bitching about Cena.

Guest the HiTman
Finishers worse than the F-U

The Canadian Destroyer

The SSP or the 450 done by Kidman or London because they both become knee drops as opposed to splashes.

Carlito has a friggin DDT and no one cares.

HBK's finisher used to be used mid match in the 80 and early 90s, no one says anything

Once again, people needlessly bitching about Cena.

None of those are worse than the FU. Its not even a matter of opinion - they just arent. The FU is poor for more reasons than just how it looks.

Although I am not a great fan of Sweet Chin Music, I think it can be used for both mid match and as a finisher. Its obvious that its used as a finisher these days as it is pretty much a legendary move.

I'd add Hogan's leg drop' date=' to that.[/quote']

When Hogan was in his prime this was a decent finisher. It cannot be compared to the FU as both moves are from different eras where Wrestling has drastically changed and moved on.

None of those are worse than the FU. Its not even a matter of opinion - they just arent. The FU is poor for more reasons than just how it looks.

Although I am not a great fan of Sweet Chin Music, I think it can be used for both mid match and as a finisher. Its obvious that its used as a finisher these days as it is pretty much a legendary move.

When Hogan was in his prime this was a decent finisher. It cannot be compared to the FU as both moves are from different eras where Wrestling has drastically changed and moved on.

So you are telling me you like overly contrived and flashy finishers as opposed to a finisher that at least fits somoenes character? Please. The Canadian destoryer is not believeable at all. I know its fake, but the more believeable finishers are the better ones. The Canadian Destroyer is essentially a high spot not done on the ropes. The F-U fits Cena's character. He's very bare bones and just a fighter and his finisher is "Im gonna pick you up and throw you down" the Canadian Destoryer is "Ok you get in this move and we have to have proper timing to make this look good otherwise its a piece of **** move."but to each his own I guess. And if the SSP and the 450 are pulled off PROPERLY, they are better, but Kidman and London CANT DO IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!

Why is sweet chin music any better than the F-U. Despite what you might think, the F-U isnt a firemans carry, it starts off as that yes, but then the opponent is elevated and thrown DOWN. Sweet Chin Music is just a KICK. Am I missing something here? What makes it any better? Just because HBK uses it? I bet if HBK had been using the F-U all these years and Cena used Sweet Chin Music it would be "D00D CENA'S FINISHER IS JUST A KICK, WTF IS THAT!!!???"

And the mindless Cena bashing continues..........

Guest It wasnt my WOOO

What would you rather have done to you put across cenas shoulders and then thrown off onto the canvas OR kicked in the head by the heart break kid

and London can do both the SSP and the 450 splash. besides cena sucks he is supposed to be th most face superstar there is and a champion but he gets alot of BOO's and honestly how many people like him

What would you rather have done to you put across cenas shoulders and then thrown off onto the canvas OR kicked in the head by the heart break kid

and London can do both the SSP and the 450 splash. besides cena sucks he is supposed to be th most face superstar there is and a champion but he gets alot of BOO's and honestly how many people like him

Yes because he's ALWAYS gotten this many boo's:xyx somoene's observant :roll

ANd no, Kidman and London can NOT do either of those moves properly. 8-9 times out of 10, they mess it up.

I'm not saying HBK's is any worse, but it's not really any better. The only reason people see it as such is because their hero is doing it.

Guest Danny Styles
Yes because he's ALWAYS gotten this many boo's:xyx somoene's observant :roll

ANd no, Kidman and London can NOT do either of those moves properly. 8-9 times out of 10, they mess it up.

I'm not saying HBK's is any worse, but it's not really any better. The only reason people see it as such is because their hero is doing it.

Cena isn't fit to be in the same COMPANY with HBK much less the same ring...

and to be fair to Kidman and London they don't mess it up 8-9/10.. infact they mess it up usually 1-2 times out of 10.. if that

Cena isn't fit to be in the same COMPANY with HBK much less the same ring...

and to be fair to Kidman and London they don't mess it up 8-9/10.. infact they mess it up usually 1-2 times out of 10.. if that

That is a flat out lie, the reason Vince banned the use of those moves is because those retards CANT DO IT RIGHT. They kept injuring their opponents. Chavo immediately comes to mind, but its ok right, because they are high spot guys:roll

Cena is more over than anyone who has been in the WWE as long as him, WAY MORE over. He brings people to the arena, which is more that can be said for guys like London and Kidman.

Guest Danny Styles
That is a flat out lie, the reason Vince banned the use of those moves is because those retards CANT DO IT RIGHT. They kept injuring their opponents. Chavo immediately comes to mind, but its ok right, because they are high spot guys:roll

Cena is more over than anyone who has been in the WWE as long as him, WAY MORE over. He brings people to the arena, which is more that can be said for guys like London and Kidman.

yuh obviously Cena is way more over than London and Kidman.. those two aren't shoved down our throats and given humungus pushes are they??

yuh Billy Kidman pissed the SSP up ONCE on TV in his whole time in the WWE that i can think of... and Vince banned the moves becasue he showed no faith in the Crusers to get it right... there is the risk factors there but leave the decision up to the talent who are TAKING the risk not Vince who is watching

yuh obviously Cena is way more over than London and Kidman.. those two aren't shoved down our throats and given humungus pushes are they??

yuh Billy Kidman pissed the SSP up ONCE on TV in his whole time in the WWE that i can think of... and Vince banned the moves becasue he showed no faith in the Crusers to get it right... there is the risk factors there but leave the decision up to the talent who are TAKING the risk not Vince who is watching

Cena was getting crowd respose from just going out there and LOSING to Angle, dressing up in a costume, and rapping. The reason he can pull it off is because he has a thing called CHARISMA.

Kidmans SSP almost ALWAYS saw his knees hitting his opponenet in the gut and sometimes in the head. He barely ever hit it dead on.

Guest Danny Styles
LOSING to Angle, dressing up in a costume, and rapping. The reason he can pull it off is because he has a thing called CHARISMA.

Kidmans SSP almost ALWAYS saw his knees hitting his opponenet in the gut and sometimes in the head. He barely ever hit it dead on.

yuh.. a botched ref count and by DQ is really loosing to Kurt Angle :lol

and Paul London has loads of charisma.. watch his indy work when he gets promo time.. he has charisma.. the cruserweights don't get the chacne to dress up and go and talk to the fans