Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The resume of the worst finisher ever: The FU

Guest It wasnt my WOOO

The Protoplex was a great move (until he has recently destroyed it).

What was the Protoplex? I guess its from his days in OVW, but what move is it exactly?

Thanks.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I dont know why' date=' but if you think getting a push is merely being on screen or squashing some jobber, you have no idea what you are talking about.[/quote']

I have been watching WWF/E and all wrestling companys since I was 6 years old... thats 14 years

I never said that a push was squashing some jobber... a push is going against top line guys week after week and winning, getting lots of mic time, winning a belt and keeping it for while and being on tv every week

The 'big' guys like Tomko may not do all that but they are on tv and in the ring much more then the more deserving smaller guys

Guest big pau hoolinator
What was the Protoplex? I guess its from his days in OVW, but what move is it exactly?

Thanks.

its where he looks like he's going for a side suplex but then turns it into sort of a falling powerbomb type move once he lifts them..he does it to Jericho at Summerslam and he does it quite a bit

its where he looks like he's going for a side suplex but then turns it into sort of a falling powerbomb type move once he lifts them..he does it to Jericho at Summerslam and he does it quite a bit

That's the Protobomb. The Proto Plex is like a Fisherman's Suplex, except, he doesn't actually lift them into the air for the suplex, he hooks the leg, and turns them sideways, kind of like a twisting neckbreaker.

Guest PHIZZLE

Theres no way the F-U is the worst finisher ever its not even up there

Its pretty crappy but still your obviously just a Cena basher if you think that

I don't think anyone who thinks of themselves as a true wrestling fan can honestly say the F-U is worse than moves like the worm and other crappy moves like that

Yes because he's ALWAYS gotten this many boo's:xyx somoene's observant :roll

ANd no, Kidman and London can NOT do either of those moves properly. 8-9 times out of 10, they mess it up.

I'm not saying HBK's is any worse, but it's not really any better. The only reason people see it as such is because their hero is doing it.

Stop right there! London can't do either properly? He did a perfect SSP with a broken leg! He worked on AJ Styles' knee a whole match when aimed a SSP perfectly on it! Don't speak if you don't know what the hell you're talking about. False accusations get you nowhere.

As for the FU, "pick you up and throw you DOWN". "It's not a firemans carry". What are you talking about. Have you actually seen him do the move in the last 2 years? Or are you basing this off of the grossly over exaggertated move in the Smackdown games.

As for the FU v the SCM. Ask the people Mirko Cro-Cop has knocked out in Pride with a swift left kick which hurts more, a takedown or a well aimed, unsuspecting kick? I think you very well know the answer the will give. I think the only way you see the FU as a move different than a fireman's carry is because your hero is doing it.

The DDT > FU. Why? It's a swift spike of the head. Jake Roberts KO'd Ricky Steamboat twice with this move before it was even considered a move.

The FU, when he just drops the person off of his shoulders while still standing, rates as one of the worst finishers in the business. That's that.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Theres no way the F-U is the worst finisher ever its not even up there

Its pretty crappy but still your obviously just a Cena basher if you think that

I don't think anyone who thinks of themselves as a true wrestling fan can honestly say the F-U is worse than moves like the worm and other crappy moves like that

Well the reason I think its terrible is well its just a glorified firemans carry, that is the most basic move in wretling and until recently Cena had been doing it so poorly (admittadly he has improved its excicution recently)

Well the reason I think its terrible is well its just a glorified firemans carry' date=' that is the most basic move in wretling and until recently Cena had been doing it so poorly (admittadly he has improved its excicution recently)[/quote']

As long as he lands on his knees with it it's bearable.

The greatest John Cena moment of all time is when he hit it on Spanky

for the love of elevation he got that little man high!

Stop right there! London can't do either properly? He did a perfect SSP with a broken leg! He worked on AJ Styles' knee a whole match when aimed a SSP perfectly on it! Don't speak if you don't know what the hell you're talking about. False accusations get you nowhere.

Then his WWE work must be very sloppy because usually whats making an impact are his knees, and thats not a splash, its a knee drop.

As for the FU, "pick you up and throw you DOWN". "It's not a firemans carry". What are you talking about. Have you actually seen him do the move in the last 2 years? Or are you basing this off of the grossly over exaggertated move in the Smackdown games.

You anti-Cena people really make me laugh. Really. All the F-U is, is a pick up and a throw down, in fact that would be a better name for it. Its a basic manuver with no flash at all. THats what Cena's character is, he is "street" and "bare bones" and "a figher". But of course you cant understand that because you're anti-cena and anything he does is bad and he cant look good at all.

As for the FU v the SCM. Ask the people Mirko Cro-Cop has knocked out in Pride with a swift left kick which hurts more, a takedown or a well aimed, unsuspecting kick? I think you very well know the answer the will give. I think the only way you see the FU as a move different than a fireman's carry is because your hero is doing it.

Unsuspecting kick? I guess you dont see him stomping on the mat before he goes for it..........

If I picked you up and threw you down as hard as I could, it would hurt, and depending on if your head bounces off the ground it could knock you out. Sure its not a "realistic" fighting move, but if thats all you want, why watch the wwe?

The DDT > FU. Why? It's a swift spike of the head. Jake Roberts KO'd Ricky Steamboat twice with this move before it was even considered a move.

The FU, when he just drops the person off of his shoulders while still standing, rates as one of the worst finishers in the business. That's that.

If Cena were to just drop him, there would be no downward momentum when he executes it, and there is, so there goes that.

Guest PHIZZLE
Well the reason I think its terrible is well its just a glorified firemans carry' date=' that is the most basic move in wretling and until recently Cena had been doing it so poorly (admittadly he has improved its excicution recently)[/quote']

I can see why you think its awful what I was saying is its far form th e worst finisher though no matter how much you dislike it

The way I see it, when he used to execute it from his shoulders, it was a horrible finisher.

Now that he executes it into the kneel, it's a better finisher.

The best he does it is when he drops down almost to his side, but he doesn't do it that often.

As for him doing things simply, then what is the Five Knuckle Shuffle? It's one of the most over-exaggerated build ups EVER - it's almost as bad as the Worm, but not quite.

If he just did it as a fist drop without the "You can't see me" and "shoulder wobble, brush off" then it'd be a better move, but his opponent has to lay still for about 30 seconds while he does the whole thing. It's just a fist drop for Gods' sake!

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I can see why you think its awful what I was saying is its far form th e worst finisher though no matter how much you dislike it

I appologise to you, I misread your comment :)

True it is not THE worst of all time!

The way I see it, when he used to execute it from his shoulders, it was a horrible finisher.

Now that he executes it into the kneel, it's a better finisher.

The best he does it is when he drops down almost to his side, but he doesn't do it that often.

As for him doing things simply, then what is the Five Knuckle Shuffle? It's one of the most over-exaggerated build ups EVER - it's almost as bad as the Worm, but not quite.

If he just did it as a fist drop without the "You can't see me" and "shoulder wobble, brush off" then it'd be a better move, but his opponent has to lay still for about 30 seconds while he does the whole thing. It's just a fist drop for Gods' sake!

The 5 Knuckle Shuffle is an overexaggeration of his "thug" gimmick. The WWE's cartoonish extremes at work.

The 5 Knuckle Shuffle is an overexaggeration of his "thug" gimmick. The WWE's cartoonish extremes at work.

And it is one of the worst moves in the business - it's almost on a level with the People's Elbow and the Worm.