Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The resume of the worst finisher ever: The FU

Guest It wasnt my WOOO

So how does the F-U fit his 'street' character? Is that what you normally expect a 'street' person to do?

Come on, you see people doing the move in the streets all of the time.

You can't drive through the cities without people doing the Five Knuckle Shuffle and FU all of the time.

The sarcasm in this post just went into overload. :P

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Come on, you see people doing the move in the streets all of the time.

You can't drive through the cities without people doing the Five Knuckle Shuffle and FU all of the time.

The sarcasm in this post just went into overload. :P

Now Fill don't say things like that........................ there was not a hint of sarcasm in that post!!!!! :P :lol

They can only track the channels if you use a cable box - we only have one, and most of the time we have the cable box, TV and HD recorder on different channels.

Add into that, the other TVs/VCRs in the house are set to different channels again.

So, theoretically, even though there are only 2 people in the house (at times), we could have 7 or 8 tuners all on different channels, or on the same channel.

Youre right, they cant track each individual TV that has no box, but they can track every cable box, and every cable box is a hell of a lot more than the small number of boxes Nielson sends out.

So how does the F-U fit his 'street' character? Is that what you normally expect a 'street' person to do?

Its a basic wrestling move to fit his so called "basic" street persona. It's not that it IS USED in the streets, but it fits his character.

People say the POUNCE fit's Monty because he used to play football. How many ex football players do you know that go around hitting people with a running shoulder tackle?

Youre right' date=' they cant track each individual TV that has no box, but they can track every cable box, and every cable box is a hell of a lot more than the small number of boxes Nielson sends out. [/quote']

But Nielson gague from the 5,000 boxes that they have out there - it's what their ratings are based on - and that's a fact.

People say the POUNCE fit's Monty because he used to play football. How many ex football players do you know that go around hitting people with a running shoulder tackle?

Well, since Cena is "from the streets", you'd expect it to be used "on the streets".

So, by that logic, since ex-football players probably still play football, I'd say quite often, while playing football. :lol

But Nielson gague from the 5' date='000 boxes that they have out there - it's what their ratings are based on - and that's a fact. [/quote']

Its more than the 5,000 boxes. It's also the diarys they send to people in the same market as well, I know because not only is it my job to know, I used to have a Nielson diary. Another way to gauge ratings is by looking at the companies product sales after a new commercial debuts on your show in the demographic that the show is targeting. There are many more ways to measure than the box.

Well, since Cena is "from the streets", you'd expect it to be used "on the streets".

So, by that logic, since ex-football players probably still play football, I'd say quite often, while playing football. :lol

No since Cena is "from the streets" youd expect a similar basic type move to be used in a street fight, and trust me picking up a guy and throwing him down on concrete is going to hurt them.

Guest Bluestiger99
But if you're in a fight, when are you EVER going to pick up a guy and throw him to the concrete? I can garuntee you that if you try and put someone you're fighting with in a fireman's carry, it won't work. Unless of course, you manage to knock them out, in which case its a moot point anyway.

No since Cena is "from the streets" youd expect a similar basic type move to be used in a street fight' date=' and trust me picking up a guy and throwing him down on concrete is going to hurt them.[/quote']

If you're trying to look like you don't know what you're talking about, you've succeeded.

Having seen MANY fights in bar car parks and on the street, I've NEVER seen anybody pick somebody up onto their shoulders and then thrown onto the ground - it only happens in wrestling or the UFC, and then in the UFC it's one in one quick motion, and dropped while they're being held.

Most street fights are all punches and kicks, nothing more, nothing less. I've never seen anybody do a "You can't see me" or a "shoulder brush off" either in a fight, because they'd get their asses kicked.

Well done for looking like you have no idea about a real fight in the streets. :)

If you're trying to look like you don't know what you're talking about, you've succeeded.

Having seen MANY fights in bar car parks and on the street, I've NEVER seen anybody pick somebody up onto their shoulders and then thrown onto the ground - it only happens in wrestling or the UFC, and then in the UFC it's one in one quick motion, and dropped while they're being held.

Most street fights are all punches and kicks, nothing more, nothing less. I've never seen anybody do a "You can't see me" or a "shoulder brush off" either in a fight, because they'd get their asses kicked.

Well done for looking like you have no idea about a real fight in the streets. :)

Ive been in fights where I've thrown someone down, ok? The guy wasnt on my shoulders, but I used the guys momentum to throw him down. See, in a real street fight, you use whatever can, and sometimes thats the other guys momentum.

But what I'm getting at is the move TYPE is very basic, like he is "supposed" to be. The same can be said for Chris Masters. He is an amazing talent, but the WWE have him wrestling like a big muscle-bound arrogant ****. Check his and Cena's OVW tapes, you see different characters doing different moves.

EDIT: Watch the swearing, even mis-spelled. This is a family site.

Edited by MrFill

Ive been in fights where I've thrown someone down' date=' ok? The guy wasnt on my shoulders, but I used the guys momentum to throw him down. See, in a real street fight, you use whatever can, and sometimes thats the other guys momentum.[/quote']

There is a BIG difference between using somebody's momentum to throw them down to picking somebody up one your shoulders and then flipping them over onto their back. Yes, you can use their momentum to push them down or trip them, but picking them completely up and throwing them down? The person would have the snot kicked out of them.

But what I'm getting at is the move TYPE is very basic' date=' like he is "supposed" to be. The same can be said for Chris Masters. He is an amazing talent, but the WWE have him wrestling like a big muscle-bound arrogant ****. Check his and Cena's OVW tapes, you see different characters doing different moves.[/quote']

Yes, I know they completely changed Masters - his OVW finisher was awesome, and I've complained about the fact that he's now using a rest hold as a finisher - having seen quite a few of the ex-WWE guys work in other companies, you can see what they really can do.

If Cena needs a basic finisher for his basic street life style which is what you're saying kaedon, it would be better for Cena to put his chain round his hand and knock them out again wouldn't it like in the Carlito feud which Carlito started to use, or maybe a beer bottle brought down to the ring.

My problem with the FU being a "thug" move is that, like the Five Knuckle Shuffle, it's too slow to use.

Look at moves like the Stunner, it can come out of nowhere and take an opponent out, also the RKO can be hit out of nowhere.

If it's meant to be a "street fight" style move, there should be no delay, it should be a BAM! and the opponent should be down.

Guest Citizen Kane

Didn't Cena hit it out of nowhere at Summerslam? I'm sure he reversed Jericho's move and just planted him. I'm most likely wrong though.

The F-U sometimes looks effective, but it sometimes looks really weak. I think he needs another finisher to go with it, maybe in the build up yo make it more effective.

Didn't Cena hit it out of nowhere at Summerslam? I'm sure he reversed Jericho's move and just planted him. I'm most likely wrong though.

I believe he did - it was a case of scoop and throw.

But most of the time he scoops them onto his shoulders, stands around looking at the crowd for ages and then throw.

It's like the Rock Bottom, Rocky puts their arm over and stares around before hitting the move.

I believe he did - it was a case of scoop and throw.

But most of the time he scoops them onto his shoulders, stands around looking at the crowd for ages and then throw.

It's like the Rock Bottom, Rocky puts their arm over and stares around before hitting the move.

The rock hasn't done that all his career though, only when he was face really, whereas when he was heel especially in the Rock vs. HHH ladder match at Summerslam 98, he hit it out of nowhere, or maybe another match i'm not sure, i think thats the one.

Yes' date=' I know they completely changed Masters - his OVW finisher was awesome, and I've complained about the fact that he's now using a rest hold as a finisher - having seen quite a few of the ex-WWE guys work in other companies, you can see what they really can do.[/quote']

Have you seen Cena in OVW? He was a vastly different wrestler with a WAY DIFFERENT finisher. Then when his gimmick changed, they told him to change his finisher as well.

Have you seen Cena in OVW? He was a vastly different wrestler with a WAY DIFFERENT finisher. Then when his gimmick changed' date=' they told him to change his finisher as well.[/quote']

I haven't, but didn't he come in with a different finisher and only started with the FU when he became the "thug" version, even though he was nothing like a thug when he first appeared.

I haven't' date=' but didn't he come in with a different finisher and only started with the FU when he became the "thug" version, even though he was nothing like a thug when he first appeared.[/quote']

Yeah, thats what Im saying, his gimmick changed, so did his finisher to fit the gimmick.

Yeah' date=' thats what Im saying, his gimmick changed, so did his finisher to fit the gimmick.[/quote']

He could of come up with a better one..., or at least do it to its best extent all the time

The finisher is basic, well so is he in ring, but at least try to make it look devastating or at least effective.

The FU has looked best when it wasn't the FU, the DVD and Samoan Driver variations he has done were ALOT better than the stalled firemans carry

He could of come up with a better one..., or at least do it to its best extent all the time

The finisher is basic, well so is he in ring, but at least try to make it look devastating or at least effective.

The FU has looked best when it wasn't the FU, the DVD and Samoan Driver variations he has done were ALOT better than the stalled firemans carry

I dont know, why dont you ask him? I personally think if he's gonna be "street" he should have some sort of power or brawling type finisher, but I'm not the WWE and neither is anyone else. We dont know what the told him to do and not to do.