Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

The resume of the worst finisher ever: The FU

Guest It wasnt my WOOO

I dont know' date=' why dont you ask him? I personally think if he's gonna be "street" he should have some sort of power or brawling type finisher, but I'm not the WWE and neither is anyone else. We dont know what the told him to do and not to do.[/quote']

Why power, if he is a street thug, he needs to be more like New Jak with weapons obviously. I disagree also with the fact that he had to change the move because of the gimmick, he had to change the move because it wasn't right for WWE, a reason why many people have to change finishers such as juventud and paul London, Underatker not using th Tombstone, it is very limited in WWE and the FU has nothing to do with his gimmick whatsoever because it has nothing to do with the streets.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why power' date=' if he is a street thug, he needs to be more like New Jak with weapons obviously. I disagree also with the fact that he had to change the move because of the gimmick, he had to change the move because it wasn't right for WWE, a reason why many people have to change finishers such as juventud and paul London, Underatker not using th Tombstone, it is very limited in WWE and the FU has nothing to do with his gimmick whatsoever because it has nothing to do with the streets.[/quote']

Wrestlers change finishers all the time when they have a gimmick change.

When Foley started going between Mankind and Dude Love, he would use the Madible Claw as Mankind and the Double Armed DDT as Dude Love. The WWE let him interchange those if it was warranted, however those were 2 different primary finishers.

Stone Cold chaged from The Ring Master to Stone Cold, and so did his finisher. He used to use the Million Dollar Dream remember?

When the Undertaker changed to the Biker primarily used the "Last Ride" because it fit his gimmick.

Wrestlers change finishers all the time when they have a gimmick change.

When Foley started going between Mankind and Dude Love, he would use the Madible Claw as Mankind and the Double Armed DDT as Dude Love. The WWE let him interchange those if it was warranted, however those were 2 different primary finishers.

Stone Cold chaged from The Ring Master to Stone Cold, and so did his finisher. He used to use the Million Dollar Dream remember?

When the Undertaker changed to the Biker primarily used the "Last Ride" because it fit his gimmick.

Firstly they are huge gimmick changes, and i am sure that mick Foley used the pull piledriver and the double arm ddt for every one of those gimmicks, Stone Cold was a complete change, and the Undertaker still used the chokeslam, and no the undertaker changed his finisher because he wasn't able to do toimbstones anymore, he might not of changed the finisher but just changed the name if he was still able to do it. I agree with you MrFill, he really doesn't have a clue.

Firstly they are huge gimmick changes' date=' and i am sure that mick Foley used the pull piledriver and the double arm ddt for every one of those gimmicks, Stone Cold was a complete change, and the Undertaker still used the chokeslam, and no the undertaker changed his finisher because he wasn't able to do toimbstones anymore, he might not of changed the finisher but just changed the name if he was still able to do it. I agree with you MrFill, he really doesn't have a clue.[/quote']

Are you telling me john Cena coming in with no gimmick to being a hardcore "thug" isnt a change? wake up man! Those are all huge changes in gimmicks. Going from NO GIMMICK to essentially a cartoon character, is a huge change.

If Taker cant do tombstones anymore, why did he use them sparingly while he was BikerTaker and now uses them all the time as the Deadman again?

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
If Taker cant do tombstones anymore' date=' why did he use them sparingly while he was BikerTaker and now uses them all the time as the Deadman again?[/quote']

Beacuse they were outlawed by WWE managment as was any move that drops you directly on the head... Undertaker got an exception tho cos WWE knew fans wanted to see The Tombstone again to go with the old gimmick

Beacuse they were outlawed by WWE managment as was any move that drops you directly on the head... Undertaker got an exception tho cos WWE knew fans wanted to see The Tombstone again to go with the old gimmick

Nah, Undertaker got an exception because he has over a decade's experience with the Tombstone.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Nah' date=' Undertaker got an exception because he has over a decade's experience with the Tombstone.[/quote']

Ok... knew there was some reason he got an exception :lol

So it wasnt that he couldnt do it physically and he wasnt restrained from the back so.........oh yeah the gimmick change. How often does New/Old Taker use the Last Ride?

He tried to use it on Orton' date=' but it was reversed.[/quote']

Yeah he uses it a few times, but its not a staple of his moveset like it was when he was BikerTaker.

Yeah he uses it a few times' date=' but its not a staple of his moveset like it was when he was BikerTaker.[/quote']

But he still uses it, even though it's not meant to be part of the persona.

What has "Last Ride" got to do with a "dead man"? I can understand the chokeslam as it's been there for ages, and the tombstone fits perfectly, but the Last Ride makes no sense.

But he still uses it, even though it's not meant to be part of the persona.

What has "Last Ride" got to do with a "dead man"? I can understand the chokeslam as it's been there for ages, and the tombstone fits perfectly, but the Last Ride makes no sense.

Thats why it's used sparingly, because really it makes no sense with the character.

Thats why it's used sparingly' date=' because really it makes no sense with the character.[/quote']

If it makes no sense at all, why use it?

It'd be like if Cena changed his persona to being a technical master and still using the 5KU. It's things like that which make the characterisation in the WWE so "wrong".

If it makes no sense at all, why use it?

It'd be like if Cena changed his persona to being a technical master and still using the 5KU. It's things like that which make the characterisation in the WWE so "wrong".

I can only assume he still uses it because the fans were used to seeing him do it for so long. I mean what does "old school" have to do with a dead guy? Its a staple of his matches, but since it doesnt make sense, he doesnt do it a lot.

I can only assume he still uses it because the fans were used to seeing him do it for so long. I mean what does "old school" have to do with a dead guy? Its a staple of his matches' date=' but since it doesnt make sense, he doesnt do it a lot.[/quote']

Funnily enough, it wasn't called "old school" when he first did it - it was unusual for a big guy to walk the ropes.

If you've seen some of the ex-WWE guys in smaller companies, it's not a rare move - Bull Buchanan does it, and while in the WWE he did standard "big man" moves, using the scissor kick as a finisher. Outisde of the WWE he hits loads of suplexes, does the rope walk and is actually a fairly good wrestler.

Funnily enough, it wasn't called "old school" when he first did it - it was unusual for a big guy to walk the ropes.

If you've seen some of the ex-WWE guys in smaller companies, it's not a rare move - Bull Buchanan does it, and while in the WWE he did standard "big man" moves, using the scissor kick as a finisher. Outisde of the WWE he hits loads of suplexes, does the rope walk and is actually a fairly good wrestler.

So whats your point?

So whats your point?

That Taker's moves don't have to make sense for his character, and therefore nobodies really do.

The FU and 5KU have nothing to do with Cena being "from the street", they are just moves to pop the crowd - and eventually he won't be popping the crowd with them as he's already getting boos.

Guest Bluestiger99
I'd personally rather see something like the Old School or Last Ride, then the FU. The FU just looks to weak to be a legitimate finisher.