Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

ruined legacy

Guest chaos kid

Guest chaos kid

When a legendary wrestler returns to the ring, it can be a good thing and then again it could be a bad thing

You see there is always or nearly always a great buzz when you hear that a great wrestler is returning to the ring, but when they step though those ropes and compete, usual the old magic has gone.

In recent weeks we have seen the return of a couple of great/greatish wrestlers, in the name of Vader, Goldust and Piper. Let talk about Vader in the early to mid 90's Vader was the best big man in the business without question, he was the most feared and dominating wrestler around, and had some legendary fueds with Sting, which are matches any wrestling fan would enjoy today, but today when Vader came out to the ring, it was a pale shadow of his former self, he look badly over weight, and terrible in the ring, and for fan who have never seen Vader before, this would not look good for his legacy.

Hot Rod, Rowdy Roddy Piper, this man is a legend without question, and personal one of my idols, but he should not be stepping into the ring today, he is simply not Rowdy, he has lost his magic and the longer he stay in the ring then his legacy as a great ring general and worker would be ruined.

I can go on about a lot of wrestlers including Mick Foley and Ric Flair just to name to others who should not be in the ring, and before anyone says about Flair great match at Taboo Tuesday in which i admit was Ric Flair at his best but ask yourself before that match did you really believe he should be still competing, and i can guarantee that you will all agree with me.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I hate to see 'old' wrestler return, fair enought if they didn't wrestle it would be fine to see them but as soon as they pull on their trunks and get in the ring they lose all respect from me

they look terrible for one, and the quality of match is awful... I have said for ages that Flair has had no busness in the ring for months if not years now.... instead of being seen as the greatest wrestler of all time he is now going to be remembered as the guy who didn't know when it was time to give it up

my view... keep 'legends' where they belong, in retirment

Guest The Indy Legend
I agree with Nemesis Enforcer. I have never been a Flair fan, and he certainly doesn't belong in the ring now. I was dissapointed to see Vader so overweight, and embarassed for him when he fell out of the ring. One of the only older guys that I have been impressed with currently is Jimmy Snuka. He's still flying off that top rope like it was nothing at all.

Guest chaos kid
I agree with Nemesis Enforcer. I have never been a Flair fan' date=' and he certainly doesn't belong in the ring now. I was dissapointed to see Vader so overweight, and embarassed for him when he fell out of the ring. One of the only older guys that I have been impressed with currently is Jimmy Snuka. He's still flying off that top rope like it was nothing at all.[/quote']

But he though Snuka can still fly from the top rope, how long did he take him to get to the top of the ropes and he didn't have the great leaping ability of his past. And inside the ring there was not that much, except some chops and headbutts. Yes Snuka is a legend but this legend should be now grounded

Guest the HiTman

Well it is "the year of the legends" as far as WWE is concerned. I would prefer them all to stay backstage and just make a public appearance once in a while - no in-ring activity. This even goes for the likes of Stone Cold and even The Rock; They have quit now for one reason or another and it should stay like that or they risk ruining the legendary status they have built up.

Where Flair is concered; I only wish I was around/watching wrestling when he was in his prime.

Guest vortigern

i think Snuka is well into his sixties? i can see my Dad jumping off the top turnbuckle:lol

I think it can damage not just the legend wrestlers but the younger ones also,there`ll soon be a generation wondering who stone cold and the rock are when they turn up on WWE programming.Suppose Brock Lesnar returns to WWE? can we expect the same bulldozing of opponents or will they ruin a legacy like they did with Bill Goldberg?Imagine if A.J Styles signed tomorrow,would they bury him as he was TNA`s ace?

It depends on who they are and how they are used. Hulk Hogan's legacy will never be ruined because he will always be shown as being on top, whereas eventually Austin will lose his legacy like Taboo Tuesday for example.

Guest chaos kid
It depends on who they are and how they are used. Hulk Hogan's legacy will never be ruined because he will always be shown as being on top' date=' whereas eventually Austin will lose his legacy like Taboo Tuesday for example.[/quote']

Hulk Hogan legacy can be ruined by simply to continue to wrestle, his body is falling apart, its simply old age and the longer he steps in the ring the more new wrestling fan will see the old Hogan and not realise the true in his prime years, when if talent in the year were at his best.

Guest Gladiator

Well I marked out for Vader on Raw and at Taboo Tuesday but then I am a Vader fan and is work even though I missed alot of his WCW work and are manily familar with his WWF stint in 96/97 with classic matches.

However Vader coming back I don't think ruined his legacy and to be honest he may be overweight but was Vader ever in shape? eh

Not to my memory he was abit overweight in his prime but big man do not have to be in shape to prove they can be great.

Vader and Abyss have proved this beyond any doubt

Goldust in all fairness could today work a averagely good match as he is not as old as most of the other guys.

Hogan I am going to ignore as he is an average performer with the greatest gimmic and personality period and no matter how long he goes he will recieve a heroes welcome from the fans.

Austin, if his legacy is ruined then it will be a shame but I doubt it as he was one of the greats and made alot of money for the company and if they bury him then they will be saying to every other wrestler that reaches the top. 3 years after you quit full time we will bury your legacy and the performers have a bad enough attitude enough without that.

The thing with someone like Piper is that your right he probably shouldn't be in the ring today, but the fact is he has more character than nearly all of the SD roster put together, plus he's mega over, and fans will still want to see him.

It does shows you what today's talent are like when you compare them to guys like Piper , Flair & Hogan , today's talent are for the most part, bland and really have very little charisma. Today's talent could learn alot from the guys of the past.