Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Bret Hart to make a UK return!

Guest Dan

1PW Newsline – November 8th 2005

By 1PW Media Team

BRET "THE HITMAN" HART TO APPEAR AT 1PW'S NO TURNING BACK WEEKEND THIS JANUARY

Five weeks ago, 1PW Newsline dropped a bombshell when we announced that a legendary superstar would be appearing at 1PW's NO TURNING BACK events this upcoming January. This statement led to extensive rumors and speculation amongst fans and insiders alike. After an extensive negotiation process, 1PW Officials can finally, at long last, address the rumors and publicly confirm the identity of January's special guest. With that in mind, 1PW officials are today very proud to announce that former WWE and WCW World Heavyweight champion BRET "THE HITMAN" HART has been signed to make appearances at the Dome in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England on January 6th and 7th as part of 1PW's NO TURNING BACK weekend. Bret will appear exclusively for 1PW in the UK during this tour, so don't miss the opportunity to meet "The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be" in Doncaster at NO TURNING BACK.

Bret Hart is inarguably one of the most beloved figures in the history of professional wrestling. Known the world over as a one-of-a-kind technician and sportsman, his fan following has grown to astronomic heights over the past 25 years, and with good reason. Although Hart has certainly had his share of personal and professional misfortunes, he is and always will be best remembered for his undaunted work ethic and his quest to maintain self-respect and integrity regardless of the circumstances.

1PW's European Director of Operations, Rick Peters, has been in negotiations with Bret's camp over the past few weeks trying to secure the appearance of the legendary Canadian wrestler. "I'm just proud that my efforts could lead to something so wonderful for 1PW and its fans. The opportunity for everyone to meet Bret and to have him stand in our ring makes all the work getting the deal finished worthwhile."

For his part, Bret has been studying the goings-on in 1PW intently, including the troubles the fledgling promotion has had with NWA World Heavyweight champion, JEFF JARRETT.

All of us here in 1PW welcome former 7-time World Champion Bret "The Hitman" Hart into the 1PW family with open arms. Stay posted to 1PW Newsline and http://www.1p-w.com in the coming weeks for more details on Bret Hart's very special appearance at the "No Turning Back" weekend.

Huge signing for 1PW, really a great addition to the 1PW show.

Guest Devilish Angel

Grr I went onto the site earlier to check for news, and there wasn't any.

Great news though, makes me want to go all the way to Doncaster :xyx, whether I will though is another story.

Edited by Devilish Angel

Grr I went onto the site earlier to check for news, and there wasn't any.

Great news though, makes me want to go all the way to Doncaster :xyx, whether I will though is another story.

I'm serioulsy tempted to go, even if it means making the trip myself.

Guest first4ent

Great news about Bret Hart coming to the UK, but I'd have sooner have seen someone who can bump in the ring.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Bret Hart fan, it's just that other than cut a promo or be a special guest referee, what else can Bret do.

I'll probably be there, and look forward to the shows and meeting Bret too. :thumbsup

Guest Ravenmark

Am really looking forward to seeing Bret, should be really good.

I really enjoyed the last 1PW show and the Saturday show looks set to be the best UK show EVER.