Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Anyone Thought Of A Job In Wrestling?

Guest Brad

Now has anyone on TWO ever thought of wanting to be in the wrestling buisness for some way or another, whether it is wrestling, announcing, interviewing, working on the committies, creative team, product sales, even being a lawyer/soliciter/barrister for a wrestling promotion?

There have been times when i thought it would be good, and me thinking that I want to go in the Law direction, then you might as well do your job somewhere where you will enjoy it, but I am not saying i want to go to Law for the WWE Legal right s or anything even though you will get paid buckets loads for 2 reasons:

1. It is the WWE

2. Who haven't they tried to sue recently?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cenarules
I wouldn't mind being a wresler, but I'd rather play basketball. I can do some of the moves and stuff, but it would be hard for me to do some of the stuff that the professionals do.

Yeah, my plan is to use my EMA money while I'm at college to get trained, and if I change my mind after the first week I'll just drop out :)

Guest Al Stevens
I think i have mentoined it a few times on here i am actually training to become a wrestler myself. Brick i will say something after the first week you will be in pain and be sore but when you start to learn stuff like suplexs and DDT and submission holds it's brilliant and it's even better when you have your first training match as well.

Guest phrantik

Great question.

I am currently in physical training going through alot of it and whipping myself back into to tip top shape. I have also started practicing with a few guys from LAW wrestling, after I graduate this year I am moving up to Eldon Missouri where I am going to be going to the Harley Race Wrestling Academy and then we shall see how things go from there.

I think i have mentoined it a few times on here i am actually training to become a wrestler myself. Brick i will say something after the first week you will be in pain and be sore but when you start to learn stuff like suplexs and DDT and submission holds it's brilliant and it's even better when you have your first training match as well.

So you'd recommend it then? Do you know of anywhere in Yorkshire or near that kind of area where I can learn to wrestle?

Guest FreeSpirit
I'd love to be a timekeeper-after all how hard could it be? They must be well paid, just to ring a damn bell. Plus they also get to be close up to the action as well.

I did one training seminar and gave up after. It was horrible, just so much different to what I expected. But it was good to at least try.

Future-wise, I still want to be the UKs version of Dave Meltzer but hell, I'd settle for being the UK scenes version of Chris2k. I've done some camerawork and website work for a small UK promotion before, and helped set up the ring etc. It's good for learning, but can't see a career from it :)

I c ould see myself as a wrestler. However, all time and resources are currently being pooled intop culinary school... I'va got about a year and an internship left and then I'm done. My roommates are constantly suggesting that I train, and I think I just may. I'd also like to learn a little jujitsu, integrate it and what not.

I think I could make a great hiigh-flyer. I'd at least like to master a double shooting star press from the top of a laddedr to the outside of the ring, that's not too much to ask, is it? :P

Edited by Twig

Guest Dickie Hyde
WWE Camera-Crew is my goal... something along those lines. I'd love to wrestle, but just dont have that natural athetlic ability for wrestling... other sports yes, but wrestling no. It's damned annoying.

Guest Al Stevens
So you'd recommend it then? Do you know of anywhere in Yorkshire or near that kind of area where I can learn to wrestle?

personally i would.... but as draven said he when to a training seminair and didnt enjoy it.... It's probally all down to personal tastes really.

As for companies to train with i dont think i know of many feds up in yorkshire...personally look in the locale papers at first and if there is any shows advertised then have a look. However if there isnt any i would probally say the best chance would be for Future shock which is a FWA training camp in manchester

Guest MojoPogo

I'd like to be writer, mainly because a: im fat and b: a drunken, blind chimp could write better storylines/scenarios than the wwe creative team at the moment.

DS Edit: No using characters to swear

Edited by Paul

Brick' date=' theres a training school in Sheffield you could try Clicky clicky. Its where I trained back in 2000.

Thanks for the help bud, but I was hoping to train when I'm 17 at college and that place is 18 and up...

:(