Fan Clubs (beta)

Nintendo Revolution rumoured pricing

Guest MrFill

Since the Revolution isn't meant to be as powerful as the 360 or PS3, in fact it's almost like a half-way between the current machines and the Next Gen, so it looks like Nintendo are going to do something interesting with prices.

Instead of the current 360 pricing at $500, they're heading for a more consumer friendly pricing of $100 per machine!

http://www.stuffmag.co.uk/hotstuffarticle.asp?de_id=910

Looks like the official launch could be May 2006 as well.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggie "Kicking Ass and taking Names" Nintendo has said it will be very easy to port third party games (i.e. EA, Activision....etc) from PS3/360 to the Revolution.

I'm still convinced any less power the Revolution has will be unoticable, in the context of Graphics and Sound.

Although I love my 360, no one makes games like Nintendo, baby!

Guest Christof

What? seriously what? nintendo are still a mssive company. They have revolutionised handheld play with the DS. Relaunched the game boy one more, maintaining its popularity. And the gamecube was the platform with the most playable games.

Nintendo are still the amrket leader in terms of innovation and gameplay. If the revolution really does come in this cheap they will also be the commercial success their ingenuity has deserved for some time.

I'm surprised that Ring of Honor are still doing shows, they are nothing compared to the big two, we three if you count UFC.

See what I did there? There can be lucrative markets available at all levels in an industry sector.

Guest ahsatan
I'm suprised Nintendio are still making games and consoles' date=' they are nothing compared to the big two, well three if you count P.C.[/quote']

Of course you are welcome to your opinion, but I only think it's fair to you that I let you know your opinion is wrong. :P

Seriously, Nintendo have a huge fanbase and out of the last (or current) generation consoles, the Gamecube was my favourite. Hence being that at time of realease of each of the previous consoles wyndorf and I hadn't yet set up home together, yet we each had to purchase the Gamecube making us now the proud owners of two. Nintendo make masses of money from the sale of their consoles and games. They're still doing it, would they be if they didn't sell? That would make absolutely no sense. Pokemon alone has made more profit for Nintendo than Sony has gathered from the masses of PS2 consoles sold. I'm not exclusively Nintendo (certainly you can't call me a fan-boy, for at least one reason:P), but Nintendo do rock and they know what they're doing and they're fantastic at it.

By the way, I want a Revolution RIGHT NOW!

I'm sure I remember reading that the Revolution may be somehow backwards compatable with SNES/N64 games - if this is even remotely tru, they're on to a winner.

I'm sure I remember reading that the Revolution may be somehow backwards compatable with SNES/N64 games - if this is even remotely tru' date=' they're on to a winner.[/quote']

You'll be able to download every single first party nintendo game ever made! aswell as 70% at least, of every third party game ever released on a Nintendo console EVER!

Plus that joypad is f**king awesome!!!!!!

Just to add to the post's that killed Daz's uneducated reply, did you know Microsoft has yet to make a single profit at console gaming? I believe they lost $4 BILLION!!!! on the XBox.......$4!!!!!! BILLION!!!!!!

Well I hope you guys enjoy the new Nintendo. I'm wondering what sort of Mario or Donkey game they will bring out? But Nintendo still sucks compared to playstation, xbox(whom I dislike) and PC(My Fav)

Guest Christof

I can inderstand your view point but its never worked for me. I've got an xobx, PC, played the ps2, had the ps1. Yet the only games machines i've ever been hooke don are one's produced by Nintendo.

My original NES still had great game play when I brought it back out of retirement earlier in the year. The first gameboy, great fun. Now, my Mrs has a DS. First she had Nintendogs so I paid no attention. Mario for the DS is just amazing though, a captivating game that uses the tools of the DS platform to add new dimensions to game play.

No other platform provides the uniqueness of the games, or strives for innovation. That's why Nintendo will continue to sell well despite the protests of fan boys everywhere

....But Nintendo still sucks compared to playstation' date=' xbox(whom I dislike) and PC(My Fav)[/quote']

But Playstation and the XBox don't think free roaming 3D platformers suck, and they quite like shoulder buttons aswell as rumbling joypads and analogue sticks, the D-pad still remains popular and wireless joypads are taking off in a big way......All invented and put to the best use by...........yup, Nintendo.

Guest Christof

This is quite a cool site.

http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/

Look what the Nes Max - its a tiny controller

http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/nes_max.jpg

in directly led to...

http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/psx.jpg

And to quote

If there was ever a controller that was obviously based on the design of the Super Nintendo controller, this is it. Sony didn't even try to hide the fact - I'm pretty sure their motivation went something like this: "We are going to beat you at your own game, and we're going to rub it in your face while we do it!"

The story is that the original Play Station was to be Sony/Nintendo partnership in the form of a CD add-on for the Super Nintendo. At some point Nintendo suddenly terminated the project, infuriating Sony. Sony vowed to take revenge and developed their own game console.

The only significant alterations to the design are the addition of two additional shoulder buttons, and handles to make the controller more comfortable to hold. Because games would now be in 3D, the additional shoulder buttons were originally intended for the purpose of allowing players to move in or out along that extra 3rd dimension.

And two directional pads on one controller, guess who...

http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/vb.jpg

By the way, the Mario franchise delivers some of the best single and multiplayer games all the time. I know you're probably too busy with your two player games to worry about four player Mario Kart, or four player Mario Party, or four player Mario Tennis to worry about it though.

$100 is around £60. SIXTY POUNDS. So, you could either buy two PS3 games, or a WHOLE CONSOLE.

Well I hope you guys enjoy the new Nintendo. I'm wondering what sort of Mario or Donkey game they will bring out? But Nintendo still sucks compared to playstation' date=' xbox(whom I dislike) and PC(My Fav)[/quote']

You have a lot of anger issues, don't you?

Controller Picture Fest

Call me crazy, but I like having controllers that are similar. It used to really annoy me when I'd play my PSOne at home, but when I went to someone's house and played on their N64 where I spent about an hour getting used to where all the buttons were. It meant I sucked at WCW Revenge and Goldeneye, but I'd whoop the same people at my house if we played Smackdown! or Street Fighter Alpha 3. Of course, my group of friends all solved that problem by buying ourselves PS2's when the next generation of consoles hit. I would still like to see Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft come to some sort of agreement though on an industry standard controller format so that it takes no time at all to adjust going between consoles. But then again I suppose that they all have different ideas as to what the best design is.

I also heard a rumour that Chris likes Nintendo, but I don't have a source for it.