Fan Clubs (beta)

Nintendo Revolution rumoured pricing

Guest MrFill

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I dont like Sony that much, or X-Box. The reason I dont like the Nintendo is because it just isn't my cup a' tea. The games on it are really poor. Mario.. Mario Kart.. Mario Tennis, they are all the same. I personally prefer the PC games than any console. Everyone has their opinions

To be honest I dont like Sony that much' date=' or X-Box. The reason I dont like the Nintendo is because it just isn't my cup a' tea.[/quote']

I like that:

Sony = company.

Xbox = product.

Nintendo = company.

Shows how people think. :D

Guest Anime Otaku
*Smacks Daz about the head with a wet kipper* that should knock some sense into him. I have Mario sunshine and Mario Kart DD on the Gamecube they are both excellent which apart from the main character is about the only thing they have in common.

I know you're probably too busy with your two player games to worry about four player Mario Kart, or four player Mario Party, or four player Mario Tennis to worry about it though.

Quake III Arena? Unreal Tournament? I dont think that these games are strictly two player, no thats right they're not.

And what I meant by Mario tennis and kart and party being all the same is that they are all crap.

Thats my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Quake III Arena? Unreal Tournament? I dont think that these games are strictly two player, no thats right they're not.

And what I meant by Mario tennis and kart and party being all the same is that they are all crap.

Thats my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

We each link different types of games, but saying that tennis, party driving game and general party games are crap is your choice - but you're basically saying that games that demand the people be beside you, rather than online kind of says something. :lol

Most Nintendo only games arn't aimed at adults though, which is probably why they are so far behind xBox and PlayStation. The gaming world in 1990 was perfect for Nintendo, as it was a child only thing. in 2005, it's changed, and the majority of gamers are now adults/teenagers, and Nintendo don't cater for them, as much as the PS and xBox do.

This may sound strage, but in terms of how in fashion they are, it's 1. PlayStation (It's a very cool gadget to have simply) 2. xBox (Most people know how powerful it is etc, but it's seen as the geeks choice, behind PC of course) and then you have 3. Nintendo (Good if your 7 year old)

That's how people think on the whole. Nintendo is seen as jokey, so until they change their image, they will always sell less.

Actually, I'd say that GameCube only games are aimed for parties, thus they're for getting people together.

Super Smash Brothers Melee is a great little fighting game that is superb of upto 4 players.

Super Monkey Ball 2 is fantastic for the mini-games.

The Mario Party games are just mini-games.

All of these are brilliant for parties, and thus groups of people.

Look at the games that people rave about that are PS2 only:

GTA series - single player.

Gran Tourismo - a driving game, best as a single player.

Eye Toy games are "gimmick" at best.

SOCOM was the first real on-line game for the PS2 - they had to develop new hardware for it.

The way I see it, a PS2 is for people with no friends, a GameCube is aimed for party games and a Xbox is aimed at big online multi-player games.

Nintendo do focus their energy mainly on Japan though, so the higher sales are to be expected. It does also help their innovations though, they come up with new things all the time because the Japanese are so technologically-minded.

For example, the PSP is barely-innovative at all, it's a small PS2, or a small DVD player (both of which needs new discs, Sony really are marketing geniuses when it comes to raking in cash), whereas the DS has the touch-screen system that will no doubt be winging its way to a Sony console very soon.

For example' date=' the PSP is barely-innovative at all, it's a small PS2, or a small DVD player (both of which needs new discs, Sony really are marketing geniuses when it comes to raking in cash), whereas the DS has the touch-screen system that will no doubt be winging its way to a Sony console very soon.[/quote']

The funniest thing is that the PSP won an "innovations" award, even though it's hardly innovative, compared to the DS which has a built-in mic, has a touch screen, and not to mention is a (wait for it) Dual Screen system.

But having a mini-DVD player, and a largerer screen, not to mention a button that causes the screen to "wobble" because it's too close to it. Yup, that's innovative.

Another reason that people choose Sony over Nintendo is purely the "cool" factor. Everyone knows that having the right clothes, accessories and even game consoles is important among 11-18 year olds because of the way society has built itself around possessions rather than personalities. That's why your average 11-18 year old will buy a PS3 purely because their mates have rather than looking at gameplay.

And it's why Sony's logo should incorporate some kind of sheep.