Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Why TNA needs to succeed, for the good of the industry.

Guest MojoPogo

Guest MojoPogo

Bear in mind this is my opinion only, feel free to comment (or randomly argue!). In my view, for too long now, because WWE have had no legitimate competition (sorry ROH fans), they have been able to churn out a series of substandard ppvs, and even worse plots thats even a Sunset Beach writer would have laughed at (no mean feat). If TNA can establish a fan base and get a TV spot which would give them a similar amount of exposure to WWE, i feel Vince would be forced to sit up, take notice, and perhaps LISTEN to the criticism he has been receiving from both fans and wrestlers alike regarding the plummeting quality of the product on offer.

For those of you who recall, the Monday Night War era was undoubtedly (imo)one of the most exciting periods to be a wrestling fan, with consistently high quality programming (initially from WCW, then from WWE), and some CLASSIC feuds and storylines. I admit, im a wWE mark, but even i have to admit, TNA has put on some impressively strong ppvs recently, far superior to their wwe equivalents and deserves a chance to step up to the plate, should those in power there pick up the ball, we the fans will ultimately be the winner, as both Feds will raise their game, hopefully to hitherto unknown levels, and i for one, think thats something to be excited aboutt.

What do you guys think?

Guest poland74

I think you are right to a point, WWE would benefit from competition and I used to enjoy it years ago when wrestlers would swap between WWE & WCW over contracts etc.

I don't think it's in the interests of any company to have a head to head war though like Raw V Nitro on a monday night. If TNA was very strong competition to WWE a lot of people would be interested in watching both. When you have two shows running against each other at exactly the same time, one of them is going to fail and therefore result in one company disappearing just like WCW. The everyone is back at square one again,

Guest MojoPogo
The thing is, at the moment, they are sufficiently different as to be able to watch both, all i want is for TNA to have the FINANCIAL clout to be able to take on WWE, then things would be interesting.....they dont have to change the content.

Guest MojoPogo
Like i said, its my opinion on the whole situation, i was just trying to stir up discussion on what people would like to see happen as a whole.

Guest MojoPogo
Exactamundo! I want opinions from people who have a genuine interest in seeing the whole of the industry improve, not just saying "blah tna sucks, blah wwe sucks", i've acknowledged that both have their faults, and both need to improve, but im actually EXCITED about the potential that the increased competition being provided creates, and if im a dumbass for that. So be it.

Guest Anime Otaku
I agree with the title of the thread. TNA or one of the other feds though TNA is the one in the best position to do so do need to succeed to help the whole wrestling industry in America though it may be interesting though I am unsure how likely if one of the non US feds tried to compete world wide. That way they might be able to really hurt WWE though the whole contract jumping thing that happend with WWF and WCW wouldn't happen as much.

Guest MojoPogo
Must admit, i'd much rather they "beat" them with the quality of the product than simple contract jumping. But i see what you mean, and the nature of todays contracts does tend to prevent that. Hell, i'd even love it if ROH somehow exploded as well.....

Guest Anime Otaku
no I meant if it was a non US fed that ended up being huge there would e less chance of people wanting to move to another country to work.

Guest MojoPogo
Ah, ok. It WOULD be cool if one of the british feds took off wouldnt it? Strong Feds in Britain, Japan and America would absolutely rule in my opinion. I can never watch enough wrestling.

Guest Edgemaster006

I really don't see how TNA can keep making their "Major Acquisitions" too often. It costs money after all. And where are they getting it? I don't think Impact is known enough to rake in too much yet.

Lets hope they dont dig themselves into the WCW hole by signing too many wresters for long lucrative contracts all at once.

Guest MojoPogo
Good point actually. I think the whole building the up and comers like AJ Styles and the like approach is the future for them, as long as they keep going down that roaad, they'll be fine.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Its strange to say this but apparently (now this is only what I read somewhere) but Vince is wanting compertition again! he is now seeing that running WCW out of buissnes was a big miskae as now people are not too interested in wrestling with there being really only one 'big' company.

You are spot on wit hsaying TNA need to suceed, I really want them to, they have great wrestlers and are something new but can they have the impact of ECW i'm not convinced, but I do hope so

Until TNA can create a proper heavyweight division, get some more funding, and take their show on the road; I don't think they'll ever be able to touch WWE. They need to create their own stars or at least pinch a few nationally established stars in their prime in order to draw in fans. That's where money comes in.

Guest MojoPogo
I completely agree with that, but what im saying is we the fans can help with that by supporting them. I think the two companies approach at the moment is sufficiently different to justify watching both. The more people do watch em, the more money they make, and the better they can challenge WWE. Look at the Joe v Styles match. Classic! But then they spoil it by having Jarrett get basically a whupping, but STILL win..........thats the one thing i can see them tripping up on. im sorry, i keep repeating this, but i am VERY upset that he stilll has and i genuinelly feel this could be a problem.

Guest Kanenite
im not bashing anyones threads but why do we need so many threads on the same topic?

Exactly. There has been multiple threads about TNA's Success and TNA's future and TNA's Getting better etc etc.

I completely agree with that' date=' but what im saying is we the fans can help with that by supporting them. I think the two companies approach at the moment is sufficiently different to justify watching both. The more people do watch em, the more money they make, and the better they can challenge WWE. Look at the Joe v Styles match. Classic! But then they spoil it by having Jarrett get basically a whupping, but STILL win..........thats the one thing i can see them tripping up on. im sorry, i keep repeating this, but i am VERY upset that he stilll has and i genuinelly feel this could be a problem.[/quote']

In a perfect world, I would back TNA. But just when I get my hopes up about them, something crap like JJ winning another title or Monty Brown getting pushed ruins everything for me. There are a few wrestlers in TNA that entertain me e.g. Joe, Styles; but that overall WWE have the bigger names, the bigger feuds and the better quality on its day. WWE is the big leagues and the big leagues are usually the ones people watch because they seem more significant.