Best WWE PPV of 2005?.

Guest WWE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Angle v Eugene and Benoit v Jordan were terrible matches. Yes' date=' hard to imagine, but Angle DID have a terrible match. But I do agree that SummerSlam was a good PPV.[/quote']

Well like someone already said, Benoit v Jordan wasn't long enough to be classified as anything. But for it's 24.5 seconds, they had it all: Storytelling,great selling, psychology, and the crowd were into it. :P

Angle v Eugene.....forgot about that. Wasn't that just basically a glorified squash match?

Guest Thirteen

One Night Stand.

Not the edited crap but the ACTUAL event.

Everything else sucked this year. Period.

Terrible year for wrestling, terrible year.

Guest MojoPogo
One Night Stand.

Not the edited crap but the ACTUAL event.

Everything else sucked this year. Period.

Terrible year for wrestling, terrible year.

Wont disagree there. 2006 cant be any worse. Can it?:help

Guest big pau hoolinator

I'd rank em like this

worst to best

Great American Bash

No Way Out

Armageddon

Survivor Series

No Mercy

Taboo Tuesday

Unforgiven

New Year's Revolution

Backlash

Royal Rumble

Wrestlemania

Judgment Day

Summerslam

Vengeance

Royal Rumble - Orton/HHH Fantastic!

WrestleMania 21 - It's still the biggest and the best. Orton/Undertaker was very good as was MITB and Michaels/Angle. I also enjoyed the main event.

Whatever card the Hardy/Edge cage match was on. This ppv was worth it just for that.

Big Slow' date=' I have to ask how New Year's Revolution got so high on your list. Worst undercard ever![/quote']

Perhaps the main event 'made' the ppv. Well, the main event did make the ppv.

I can't even remember what ppv the Hardy/Edge cage match was on, but the match alone made it a great ppv for me. If you look past the negatives then any ppv can be remembered as awesome.

It was Unforgiven and it still had a decent Angle/Cena match, HBK carrying Masters to a good match and Flair hilariously celebrating his IC title win. NYR only had the main event, the rest was just really really bad.

Guest chaos kid
its a two horse race this year, on one hand you got wrestlemania and the other one night stand. Both ppv have there good points and bad but for me its got to be the One Night Stand, it was a great emotional ppv which had great matches and rvd shoot. A class ppv, with wrestlemania a close second,

Guest Edgemaster006
I find it tremendously sad that the general consensus is One Night Stand...mainly because the no.1 WWE pay-per-view...was an ECW reunion show. That shows something about Vince's homegrown product these days.

Guest cenarules
Even though I didn't order any PPVs (as usual), I would probably go with WrestleMania 21 followed by Survivor Series as the top two PPVs of 2005.

It was Unforgiven and it still had a decent Angle/Cena match' date=' HBK carrying Masters to a good match and Flair hilariously celebrating his IC title win. NYR only had the main event, the rest was just really really bad.[/quote']

Well Sav I was at NYR LIVE, and yes the undercard did suck.

Eugene and Regal vs Christian and Tomko was good and funny, Eugene injured himself at the end of the match but still.

Lita vs Trish had everything to be a good match, but thanks to Litas injury it had to be ended.

Lawler vs Hassan = UTTERLY CRAP

Maven vs Shelton = They didn't even wrestle.

Kane vs Snitsky = 5 * Match, I KID I KID. But really people here in Puerto Rico love Big Kane, so everyone in the arena enjoyed it, even if the match sucked monkey balls.

And the Chamber was just f'n awsome. Clearly topping the 2 previous ones IMO. From Edge spearing Michaels and then getting his hea blown off with the Sweet Chin Music, the crowd went NUTZ I tell ya, watch the DVD and put the volume on high.

The headbutt of Benoit from the top of the chamber and right after that the Crippler Crossface/Walls of Jericho on HHH. Everyone in the arena went f'n crazy. I always say this, if Batista would have broke his chamber cell instead of waiting for the referees to open the door, the crowd would ahve form a riot of excitement. Really it was that good. :worship

Guest Gladiator

The best in my opinion if you forget the ECW one night stand which was Ok but even watching the live version all it was to me was a overated card it had about 3 good matches on it. In all fairness thats more than most WWE ppvs but I'll just move on.

Vengeance I felt was the best this year.

Hell in a cell. Very good and the best of the 3 Tripper vs Batista

Triple threat Cena vs Christian vs Y2J very good triple threat in my opinion and Christian got screwed.

HBK vs Angle, enough said better than Mania in my opinion.

Kane vs Edge average match but had the, Whats the point factor

Carlito vs Shelton above average and fairely good

Victoria vs Christy err lets put it down to Vince loves T&A

Solid card, would have been the worst card of the year if this was 97/98/99/00/01 but in 05 it was the best. Oh my god how far will the WWE fall.

Guest FreeSpirit

Best PPV: Wrestlemania 21 and ECW One Night Stand.

I was at both PPVs, they were as good as each other, but the atmosphere inside the Hammerstein Ballroom that June night was electric from start to finish. so that steals my vote (just).

Best Raw PPV: Vengeance

That Hell In A Cell match was barbaric, I absolutely loved it. While it was also good to have two heavyweight championship matches on the same card, during the draft.

Best Smackdown PPV: Judgment Day

Only chose this PPV, because I enjoyed the Cena Vs JBL I Quit Match. No Smackdown PPV has really taken me by storm this year.

Best PPV: Wrestlemania 21 and ECW One Night Stand.

I was at both PPVs, they were as good as each other, but the atmosphere inside the Hammerstein Ballroom that June night was electric from start to finish. so that steals my vote (just).

How much did those tickets cost each?If you don't mind me asking.