Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Enough Is Enough/More Eddie Exploitation On Pg.2

Guest Brad

I think the time has come to just realise that the WWE are plain stupid and not to talk about the Eddie thing anymore, I mean it's getting ridiculous. What I don't like is that MNM can try and get cheap heat by talking bad about Hawk on Smackdown last year and no-one mentions a thing, but then when Eddie dies and cheap heat is used, the whole world go crazy about it. I hate it when the WWE use cheap heat over anything even similar to this but it just seems like everyone else only cares when people do it about Eddie. Two's thoughts on why only Eddie matters? Because I only think it is because everyone loved him and he died so it's sympathy, because obviously we all hate it, but no-one before has had this much trouble, and this isn't the first time either.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Craig P

well you have a point about hawk hes been around longer than eddie carrer wise im sure he had the same amount of love from everyone.

But i do feel they shouldnt use eddies memory as part of a storyline i hope after hes inducted into the hall of fame we dont have another eddies death related storyline.

I remember Vince doing the most cruel interview with Melanie Pillman on Raw, I think it was the night after Brian died. Vince basically asked her how she was going to support her family with no husband. The woman was distraught, Vince had her on national TV asking pointless questions without any sympathy, just to get ratings. At the time I thought Vince might have given her a job or set up a Pillman trust fund of some kind, but no, he said it was all very tragic and shilled the next PPV. Point is, I don't really think Vince cares about wrestlers, he sees them as money making machines, alive or dead.

Guest Craig P
I remember Vince doing the most cruel interview with Melanie Pillman on Raw' date=' I think it was the night after Brian died. Vince basically asked her how she was going to support her family with no husband. The woman was distraught, Vince had her on national TV asking pointless questions without any sympathy, just to get ratings. At the time I thought Vince might have given her a job or set up a Pillman trust fund of some kind, but no, he said it was all very tragic and shilled the next PPV. Point is, I don't really think Vince cares about wrestlers, he sees them as money making machines, alive or dead.[/quote']

nowadays i dont think he sees a wrestler and think oh he/shes a good talent to have in my company its how much money he/she can make him

Enough is Enough.................................................. and it's time for a change, oh were not talking about Owen Hart phrases?

Brad you have a good point but you also forgot that Edge mentioned Terry Gordy when he was ripping into Michael Hayes in December on Raw and barely anyone cared about that.

I remember Vince doing the most cruel interview with Melanie Pillman on Raw' date=' I think it was the night after Brian died. Vince basically asked her how she was going to support her family with no husband. The woman was distraught, Vince had her on national TV asking pointless questions without any sympathy, just to get ratings. At the time I thought Vince might have given her a job or set up a Pillman trust fund of some kind, but no, he said it was all very tragic and shilled the next PPV. Point is, I don't really think Vince cares about wrestlers, he sees them as money making machines, alive or dead.[/quote']

Exactly my point, that sounds a lot worse then the Eddie thing, but yet no-one brings this up to say it isn't only Eddie, this Eddie thing isn't bad at all compared to what the WWE have done to Bret Hart, Hawk, Brian Pillman and many more, I even remember Eric Bischoff insulting the ECW wrestlers that have died in a promo last year.

But everyone just loves Eddie too much to not care about anyone else.

Yes it is bad what is going on with Eddie, but he isn't the only one and he never will be, and this is normal for the WWE so there is no need for the fuss.

Guest HulkFearsAustin
Its not like its anything new. About 5 years ago when Triple H was drawing names to see who would face him for the world title, the first name that came out was Andre the Giant. WWE has been talking ill of the dead for years.

Guest Craig P
Its not like its anything new. About 5 years ago when Triple H was drawing names to see who would face him for the world title' date=' the first name that came out was Andre the Giant. WWE has been talking ill of the dead for years.[/quote']

it was actually hogan who wad frawing names and said that

Guest Thirteen
it was actually hogan who wad frawing names and said that

What?

Its not like its anything new. About 5 years ago when Triple H was drawing names to see who would face him for the world title' date=' the first name that came out was Andre the Giant. WWE has been talking ill of the dead for years.[/quote']

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually agree with this.

People are carrying on like this type of behavior hasn't been happening on T.V and behind the scenes in Pro Wrestling for DECADES.

Everybody knows what Vince is about as the UNTOLD interviews, books and documentaries etc have exposed time and time again. This is nothing new things like this have happened many times before and will more then likely happen many times again. People need to actively try and do something about the neglect and mistreatment of Pro Wrestlers on T.V and behind the scenes or stop whining about it. Like someone said a couple of days ago on another thread, these wrestlers have no union or pension etc and are nearly always frightened to speak up about issues within the business. So until these so called 'tough guys' grow some balls and solidarity it will continue to happen because no one with any power to make a change will put their kneck on the line to do so. Like the old saying goes, there is strength in numbers.

Edited by Thirteen

Enough is Enough.................................................. and it's time for a change, oh were not talking about Owen Hart phrases?

Brad you have a good point but you also forgot that Edge mentioned Terry Gordy when he was ripping into Michael Hayes in December on Raw and barely anyone cared about that.

But thats my point, not who i am forgetting because I knew i would forget many, but why wasn't there an up-roar about that, why is Eddie so special to get all this attention when the WWE have done it with loads of people for years and no-one has cared about them

Guest Kanenite

Dam you Gene, you got there before me, still. Enough is Enough and it's time for a change, dum dum dum dum........

I agree with you about their actions. Personally I think it's bang out of order. It's cheap, very low and the WWE will only gain a lot of angry people. I think that it's really stupid and quite disgusting that the WWE could ever sink that low to any of the Wrestling Deaths.

I remember that, it was quite blunt too, something along the lines of, "Where's your backup, Michael?................Terry Gordy is dead!". I'm not sure exactly what was said, but I do remember Michaels comment about Edge being where he is because he banged Matt Hardy's girlfriend. In case you can't tell, I hate Edge as an "entertainer" and as a person.

In regards to the topic, I believe that what WWE depicts in storylines is true, Vince has no soul & that he's egomaniacal. I don't think it's right for WWE to disrespect the dead. I think that the mention of Eddie caused such an uproar, because he only died in November. Not to mention that nobody really saw Eddie's death coming (much like Owen's).

Guest FreeSpirit
Im in two minds on this. I think the comments that Orton made last week on Smackdown were totally disgusting and unecessary, but I wouldnt mind Eddie's name being mentioned now and again in storylines (not to the extent of what Orton said though), as I dont want it to feel like WWE has forgetten all about him like he never even existed.

Basically, it depends how the dead wrestler is mentioned. I don't agree with some of the totally disrepectful comments, such as Orton's, but I do think if a wrestler can get good heat from it, they should do. There is a line between bad taste, that gets good heat, and bad taste that gets bad heat. Sadly, through desperation, WWE have crossed that line, and the result isn't nice at all.

The Eddie comments have constantly been really bad attempts from WWE. I think anyone woudl eb hard pressed to find something good to say about them, including me. Awful television, and has runined what could of been a good angle.

Disrepecting Terry Gordy, was pathetic, but I'm in two minds on how the angle went down. Hayes finished it off well, which put Gordy into a great light again, and Edge came out looking like a good heel, albeit by using bad tactics. In some ways I agree, in others I don't, but it's certainly one of the times bringing up a dead wrestler has worked effectively, without being too insulting.

Edited by Jack

I don't know about anyone else' date=' but I certainly complained about that.[/quote']

As you know all I do is put down WWE at every post, so you can be sure I complained about it too.

Guest The Franchise

The bottom line here is that enough is enough when it comes to making a mockery of someone thats no longer with us. The WWE is indeed infamous when it comes to bad taste involving their storylines.

But this latest attempt to get reactions out of the fans by getting certain heels to mock the late Eddie Guerrero just to draw heat from the fans for entertainment purposes IMO is truly unacceptable.

First MNM made fun of RoadWarrior Hawk being gone on Smackdown. Then Edge made fun of Terry"Bam-Bam"Gordy not being there for Michael"PS"Hayes on Raw.Now simuletaneously Randy Orton and HHH are mocking Eddie Guerrero at the same time? For what!?! The WWE gets rid of a character that simulated terrorism in a flash but its okay for them to create storylines to make fun of deceased legends that gave us their blood,sweat,and tears to entertain us? Gimme a break! :evil

Some things simply isnt needed in the wrestling business. This is one of them.