Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Chris Masters Theory

Guest Shoobinator

Guest Shoobinator

What you are about to read is probably stupid but it is an opinion of mine which may be possible.

I think Chris Masters is pushed by WWE to annoy smarks and the internet fans. We all know he has no heat and nobody at the live shows bother to boo him yet he is always pushed. I have never seen someone so unover that hasnt been sent back to OVW to get repackaged or released but Masters has survived.

Without realising it, he is one of the most annoying and complained about superstar in WWE.

I have been on my share of forums in my time and I have been checking this one out for the last few weeks and the smae is said every single week when people review raw, and that is how much they cant stand Masters etc.

Vince may not get the reaction from the live crowd but he gets people like me sitting in my house screaming for somebody to give him his comeuppance.

Thats my little theory, I dont know if I agree with it myself but it is another step closer into finding why Chris Masters is still pushed.

Guest Craig

They're most likely pushing him because someone backstage likes him, he's a big guy, or, well, I don't know. He has hardly no heat except for his Master-lock, and yet they continually push him. I don't really get it.

But in saying that, I seriously doubt it's just to annoy the internet fans. There has to be SOMETHING that makes them want to push him. Maybe he threatened to put them all in the Master-lock, I don't know.

Guest Stoned Cold
i dont mind him. he looks like he got better in the ring, he was ok in the elimination chamber and his promos make me laugh. He's better than watching crap like Umaga.

i dont mind him. he looks like he got better in the ring' date=' he was ok in the elimination chamber and his promos make me laugh. He's better than watching crap like Umaga.[/quote']

I don't know how anyone can compare Masters and Umaga and come out with Umaga being the crap wrestler to watch. Umaga is refreshing and has something which many people don't have the size that he is.

give it two weeks and he'll be as exciting as rikishi.

Apart from the fact that Umaga is actually good in the ring, still wish they had kept Rosey as well though.

Guest craignwo4life
I actually like Chris Masters but I wish they had kept him together with Carlito a bit longer and had them win the belts at WM, now that would have been cool !!!

Guest Slim Jim
They are pushing Cena to annoy the smarks, they are pushing Masters in the hope that he'll get over, but his gimmick seems outdated to me.

They are pushing Cena to annoy the smarks

Kinda. I think he's getting pushed becasue his merchandise is selling well, and even though/because their core fans hate him Cena is selling tickets. The only thing is he's a face, and not even an anti-face... it's strange.

As for Masters... I don't know. I didn't even understand why he was put together with Carlito. He should go into competitive body building, leave the wrestling to people who can entertain.

Guest MrFill

Masters is a capable wrestler, his OVW finisher was FAR superior to the Masterlock.

I think the real reason he has zero heat is because of the way they failed to get him over - with the Masterlock Challenge - they should have had him come out and kick some ass, not get people to sit in front of him and then put on a full nelson!

Guest Jimmy Redman
Masters is a capable wrestler, his OVW finisher was FAR superior to the Masterlock.

I think the real reason he has zero heat is because of the way they failed to get him over - with the Masterlock Challenge - they should have had him come out and kick some ass, not get people to sit in front of him and then put on a full nelson!

Agreed, they took so much time trying to get the Masterlock over, he himself didnt get over.

I will admit to liking him a lot more than I did a few months ago. He was totally crap in the beginning. But he's OK now. I actually popped for him on RAW, but that was only because of who he was saving.

Guest the HiTman

Yeah, whoever thought of putting a finisher above the actual wrestler should be sacked right away.

Finishers often end up being more famous than the person who uses it but its usually because it has a history and has built up a legacy...or on the odd occasion, is just awesome (Canadian Destroyer for example).

Edited by the HiTman

Guest horsemansmiler
i think that although his gimmick is dated somewhat. he has come on leaps and bounds from that first match when he smashed stevies nose

Guest MrFill

Considering how rubbish the finisher is - it's a full nelson, a transitional move that should be in the middle of a match, NOT a finisher.

It's rather similar to moves like the big boot, it's really NOT a finisher, and never should be.

How they could try to put it over as a viable finisher and spend ages on it, then the person who came up with the idea REALLY should definitely be sacked. :P