Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

SmackDown! Authority Figure hands in notice

Chris2K

Palmer Canon flew himself home from the WWE's tour of Europe. Several wrestlers on the tour are saying that Canon gave his notice to the company, however, it has yet to be independently confirmed. It has been confirmed that Canon is heading back to Georgia, where he resides. Also, he left the tour on his own accord.

Palmer Canon debuted on Smackdown last August as a representative of "The Network". Also, Canon trains and wrestles for Deep South Wrestling, WWE's Georgia-based territory.

PWInsider.

A departure that will send shockwaves through the industry.

Guest Dave7g
With such a top name like that making such a statement, you can't help but feel that Benoit and Angle will be right behind him.

Guest FreeSpirit
Palmer Canon's been hardly used on Smackdown in the last few months, its hardly going to be a big loss to anyone.

Guest Craig

Yeah, but Yoyo, I think that's mostly down to the amount of people that are out mourning this loss. This is a huge loss to SmackDown! and the WWE in general.

Cannon made such a huge impact. He brung in The Boogeyman, danced horribly at Survivor Series, and created the Juniors division, which in turn meant we would get the honor of watching FIT FINLAY beating up said Juniors. We'll miss you Palmer. :terminato

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I can only thank him for The Boogyman... other than that he was crap and won't be missed by me :P

Guest Jimmy Redman
Funny, from all I've heard of Brian Black, he wasnt that bad a wrestler. I'd be frustrated too if I were stuck as Palmer Canon for ages without being introduced as a wrestler.

Guest rawiswar

I never knew who this guy was lol, so he is actually a wrestler? But what did he actually do on SD, was he just an on-screen actor playing the representative of the network? Or did he actually make decisions back stage etc?

All I remember of this guy on SD, is generally being quite annoying popping up from time to time.

Guest MrFill

If I was him, I'd be disillusioned as well - you're trained as a wrestler, yet you're stuck back-stage with Teddy all of the time, and the only time you're in the ring is with a suit on and mic in your hand.

They could have employed an actor to do that role, rather than somebody who is ring-trained, and will get ring-rust if they don't keep active.