Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

ECW Returns full time

Guest Dan

Guest rawiswar

I think this is actually a bad idea, it's going to shake things up completely and could happen for the worse. What happens if some of the good stars from either RAW and SD go this this so called new ECW, it may suck, having said that though I guess it could work, I can't quite believe this though, surely not full time..

I'm just hoping the WWE product doesn't suffer because of this, and I'm having a feeling it will and some of the time and concentration which helps WWE will go over to ECW.

Is Vince on drugs or something? I guess he's seeing this as profitable but I'd never imagine him actually have the go ahead on this.

Most of all I just hope this all works out without sacrificing some of the WWE.

Edited by rawiswar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Slim Jim
Is Vince on drugs or something?

He didn't get on the cover of Muscle and Fitness at 60 for saying his prayers (to himself), drinking his milk, and taking his vitamins (well, not just Vitamin C anyway) :xyx

Guest rawiswar
He didn't get on the cover of Muscle and Fitness at 60 for saying his prayers (to himself)' date=' drinking his milk, and taking his vitamins (well, not just Vitamin C anyway) :xyx[/quote']

Haha! Maybe I'm right then.

Guest MojoPogo
As far as the "wannabes" go' date=' i'm confused, I tried to watch as much as I could back in the day as it was really hard to get a hold of it before it went onto Bravo in its later years, but I got some tapes at the time and bought pretty much everything Delta released. I kept up to date with what went on at the time as much as possible. Am I a wannabe? And did you have some magical channel that allowed you to watch ECW Hardcore TV every week? If you didn't then you are just as much a wannabe as everyone else.[/quote']

Hey, dont sweat it, it was a pretty smarky thing to say. Not everyone could go to every match ever but some people dont get this. Every fan has a right to be a fan, no matter how "casual" they may seem.....for crying out loud, why cant we as wrestling fans, just GET ALONG instead of constantly sniping at how someone is a "wannabe" or even a "smark" now im at it?! Its the one aspect of being a fan that both annoys but i know is part of what makes it entertaining! GAH!

Edited by MojoPogo

But as soon as vince runs out of ideas he will ruin it by having an invasion angle in which ECW jobbers are pummelled by WWE main eventers for 6 weeks

Well the ECW guys were put over very well the last time.....

At least all those wannabes who like to say they loved and watched ECW back in the day' date=' who we all know didn't, can finally see it. [/quote']How do you know they didn't?

I am an ECW mark....but I didn't watch it from 1993....hell I didn't know the company existed until very late '95......Am I a "Johnny-come-lately" or summat too?......

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I think this is actually a bad idea' date=' it's going to shake things up completely and could happen for the worse. [b']What happens if some of the good stars from either RAW and SD go this this so called new ECW[/b], it may suck, having said that though I guess it could work, I can't quite believe this though, surely not full time..

I'm just hoping the WWE product doesn't suffer because of this, and I'm having a feeling it will and some of the time and concentration which helps WWE will go over to ECW.

Is Vince on drugs or something? I guess he's seeing this as profitable but I'd never imagine him actually have the go ahead on this.

Most of all I just hope this all works out without sacrificing some of the WWE.

Its simple they won't go, WWE has said it is trying to get old ECW starts to come and work for the 'new' version and will be using all the OV guys to make up numbers, WWE are not gonna book ECW with the top guys at the expence of Raw and SD and let them suffer for what will be basically OVW with the ECW monika over the door

Guest THE Stately
leave it to the old guys to run and it will have a massive fan base again!

Again??? If they had "a massive fan base" to begin with, they wouldn't have folded via bankruptcy and been millions in debt. It really is as simple as that. Large audiences tend to cure MANY ills.

The revisionist history that's gone on with Ego Case Wrestling is almost comical anymore. In fairness, it's not the first time the over-sentimental have vastly exaggerated some part of wrestling's past, but ECW may "hold the record" if you will, as far as how many are buying into the spin.

What should be most interesting for those of us who clearly dislike ECW will be seeing how many eventually join us, should they finally get a lot of exposure to the product and tire of once the hysteria dies down. I've seen the bandwagon jumpers go from Memphis to Japan to ECW and NWO/WCW; so this massive abandoning of the ship won't be a first either--if it indeed happens, let's be fair and give it time.

Awful lot of jumping to large conclusions on this thread, isn't there? It's never been claimed that the "new ECW" is going to be portrayed as an equal to the Raw/Smackdown brands. And I wish fans would understand, with the exception of Sabu, virtually everyone at TNA has a solid binding contract and aren't going anywhere...ESPECIALLY if WWE shows interest in the individual.

At any rate, if nothing else, at least this creates an excuse to dump the vastly overrated Styles off Raw without having to admit they f'k'd up by hiring him in the first place.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Again??? If they had "a massive fan base" to begin with' date=' they wouldn't have folded via bankruptcy and been millions in debt. It really is as simple as that. Large audiences tend to cure MANY ills.[/quote']

I'd call most of Philladalphia a massive fan base, just look at the numbers that ECW ONS did, the second highest rated PPV of the year behind Mania, you can't deny the numbers work, yes ECW went out of buisness but look at the competition they had WCW and WWF/E took most of their top liner, and did more then enough to make sure they never got any bigger then they did.

Guest Bluestiger99
The wildcard in all this is going to be Vince. If he lets ECW be the Balls to the Walls (No pun intended) ECW, it will be good. If he keeps all the moves limited, and restricts the hardcoreness, then its going to suck. Badly. I really don't forsee any of the main ECW guys going back either.

Guest the HiTman
Again??? If they had "a massive fan base" to begin with, they wouldn't have folded via bankruptcy and been millions in debt. It really is as simple as that. Large audiences tend to cure MANY ills.

The revisionist history that's gone on with Ego Case Wrestling is almost comical anymore. In fairness, it's not the first time the over-sentimental have vastly exaggerated some part of wrestling's past, but ECW may "hold the record" if you will, as far as how many are buying into the spin.

What should be most interesting for those of us who clearly dislike ECW will be seeing how many eventually join us, should they finally get a lot of exposure to the product and tire of once the hysteria dies down. I've seen the bandwagon jumpers go from Memphis to Japan to ECW and NWO/WCW; so this massive abandoning of the ship won't be a first either--if it indeed happens, let's be fair and give it time.

Awful lot of jumping to large conclusions on this thread, isn't there? It's never been claimed that the "new ECW" is going to be portrayed as an equal to the Raw/Smackdown brands. And I wish fans would understand, with the exception of Sabu, virtually everyone at TNA has a solid binding contract and aren't going anywhere...ESPECIALLY if WWE shows interest in the individual.

At any rate, if nothing else, at least this creates an excuse to dump the vastly overrated Styles off Raw without having to admit they f'k'd up by hiring him in the first place.

I think you need to go back to bed and wake up on the other side mate :P

Nah, all jokes aside..the reality is that ECW can and never will be the same. Especially since all of the stars that were in it the last time it aired (excluding ONS) were 6 years younger. Haven't alot retired etc?

I respect your opinions, biased as they are, because (or maybe even in spite of the fact) you have worked within the organisation (or have said so anyways).........you have always, in everything I've read regarding it, pissed on ECW.....and as you are entitled to an opinion, wether I agree with it or not, I'm not gonna say you are wrong........

There are a helluva lot of people who are chanting ECW, and buying into some or all of the hype, who have never seen a 'real' ECW match.....but again, that is their right.......and, as much as that can annoy me, I don't see why me, you or anyone else has the right to rag on them for their choice........

The argument about a massive fan-base curing ills is flawed at best.......I mean how many companies, sports teams, etc have went bust when they appeared to be not struggling, on top of their game, with a massive fan-base/portfolio of stock holders?......I mean WCW was in profit by so much, no-one could have seen that go bust but it did.....They were on top of the wrestling world, but bad management is bad management, no matter where you find it......

I am an ECW mark....I first saw the company in October of 1995 and was hooked instantly on the alternative it gave me to the then WWF and WCW....I was seeing guys who I had never heard of, and enjoying it.....from then I stuck with the company until it closed in January of 2001......and kept on keeping it close ever since.

Now all of that doesn't mean my opinion of all things 'Extreme' is better, or more important than any other person....I can see the flaws in the company as much as any 'hater'.....

Joey Styles IS over-rated, but JR was a cliche brought to life, The Coach sucks and The King has brought new meaning to the phrase 'phoning-it-in'.........I can't think of anyone else they could have given the gig to at this time.....but then again, it's not my job to know about things like that anyway.

For those who dislike, or even hate ECW....that's fine, just don't watch it, read about it. Pretend it doesn't exist if you must (OK, for SWM, that will be more difficult than others).....but don't try and make us look stupid for wanting ECW to be reborn (as a full-fledged ECW or a ******* version that could come good). Don't make us out to be a pariah on the wrestling landscape because of what we like.......I got into the business because of what I saw in ECW.....guys my size being good at wrestling, not being squashed by monsters.

I realise I have rambled a bit, jumped from one topic to the other without warning, and probably gave SWM some ammo to pick me apart and make me look stupid, but I don't care.....

If you don't like ECW fine, I'm not gonna try and change your mind......but please don't try and change mine or make me feel like a tool over it either.

It is great news imo, and I can see many people go over to ECW from places like TNA, that being if Paul Heyman has any control over it which he is meant to be having. Maybe this is an idea to rob talent from TNA, I mean with Sabu having a WWE Legends contract, I could see him going. It is a great idea and I think it will work basically because Vince wants the old ECW otherwise he wouldn't try and bring it back. Vince isn't stupid when talking about buisness as we all know, he will do anything for ratings, so he won't bring back a restricted new version of ECW when he knows there will be huge ratings and more WWE fanbase overall if Vince brings back the old ECW, and he didn't restrict ECW ONS so it shows that he has no problem with the ECW product.

I am loving this already, but on daniel fullards point about wannabes, i didn't watch a lot of ECW while on TV, some but not a lot. However I have the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD, about 10 PPV's on Video and DVD and ECW ONS on DVD, does this make me a wannabe or can i be counted for as a great fan of ECW style wrestling as i still enjoy watching classic ECW matches now? or do you think you are just being a bit pathetic labelling people just because they didn't watch it a lot when it was on. We all have the common interest on this site and all have something in common which is our love for wrestling, so why would you try and diminish that and separate even more by just trying to act clever?

Guest tazz13

well it all sounds good thus far but one thing i'm not struck on is having it taped before or during raw/SD

you lose all the atmosphere if its taped in a regular wwe arena

of course ideally they would have their own tv taping and take the a.m. raw timeslot, but since that isn't likely i'd rather they take the ovw tv spot and air the show online