Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Bob Holly Seriously Ill

Guest Jack

Thanks to Gabe Smith for sending this along, which is more information on a story we had posted earlier here on PWInsider.com. I wish Bob the best through this very trying time.

From the Hardcore Holly Message board:

Here's the latest on Bob's situation...

---

The staph infection he got in the ring around August of last year turned into MSRA , they thought they had cured it, but when he had surgery on his right elbow in February it came back full force landing him back in the hospital in March. Everything seemed to be going ok until around the 7th or 8th of April when he came down with what we thought was a bad case of the flu (fever, chills, and then his arm began to swell). We went back to the doctor and he was admitted directly to the hospital that night and emergency surgery was scheduled the next morning. We stayed in the hospital until they put a PIC line in and got the results of the cultures back from surgery showing it was indeed still the MSRA which had gotten into his blood and also embedded his elbow joint. Unfortunately the only antibiotic that will probably get rid of it once and for all has to be administered by IV once every 12 hours for about the next 6 weeks. He has been on and off antibiotics since September of last year fighting this infection when he first got it, which really created a super strain infection resistant to everything they have given him. Now we are fighting along with that damage to other organs probably caused from such strong meds. They are monitoring him closely here at home, taking blood every other day now, delivering the medication to us daily, and at least trying to let him be here instead of at the hospital. The results on Friday were a little scary and they started him on an additional medication because his platelet level and potassium level were very high. Hopefully things will start to turn around and they will get this all out of his system without any long term damage to his kidneys.

---

We encourage all Bob Holly fans to support Bob in this tough time! Any cards or anything from fans to cheer him up would be great! He is so ready to be back in the ring and all of this is very disheartening. He is a fighter and wants to be back to the ring and like I said we encourage you to drop Bob a note. The website (http://www.bobhollyacademy.com) has the address! Thanks everyone!

Gabe added this.

Being an EMT I wanted to give a little insight on the MSRA virus. This is a virus that is usually found in hospitals (scary thought) and can be VERY deadly. About 10% of people who get MSRA will die of complications from the infections that it can cause. This is not just a case of a wrestling being a little sick. This can possibly end an athlete's career. Just to give an idea of how bad that this situation MAY be. If y'all are praying people, send one out for him.

I always liked Holly growing up, and even though you always hear stories, about how he is a bully and so on, he doesn't deserve this, so hopefully he pulls through.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman
Agree with Jack here. As much of an ******** he supposedly is, I dont wish him ill. Hope he gets better.

This sucks hard style, Hardcore Holly is the Tuff Guy he's the Big Shot! Big Shot's dont get ILL! I really do wish he fully recovers from this and hurry's himself back to smackdown, all the best Bob :)

Guest Hemme
This may sound harsh' date=' but I think that Karma has finally caught up with Holly.[/quote']

Yeah it's a little harsh mate, while Holly may be a bully, he doesent deserve to die because of it.

To be honest I like him, he's not the greatest wrestler in the world, but he's always game for putting newer guys over.

This may sound harsh' date=' but I think that Karma has finally caught up with Holly.[/quote']

That's a horrible thing to say. Bob Holly is not a bully. He's been known to give the rookies a bit of a roughing but that's wrestling tradition and many have been doing it long before Holly. He's a lockerroom leader whose role is to show young wrestlers that the wrestling world is extremely tough. How the hell are these disillusioned youngsters gonna cope with a serious injury if they can't take a few hard chops in an OVW ring? You have to be prepared for the worst.

Bob will beat this virus I'm sure anyway and he'll be back on our screens sooner rather than later. It's such a shame CERTAIN people don't want to see it that way. Godspeed Bob.

Guest MrFill
Yeah it's a little harsh mate' date=' while Holly may be a bully, he doesent deserve to die because of it.[/quote']

I meant the illness - if he dies, then yes, I will have been far too harsh.

To be honest I like him' date=' he's not the greatest wrestler in the world, but he's always game for putting newer guys over.[/quote']

Yup, just like he put Brock over by sandbagging him.

Guest Hemme
I meant the illness - if he dies, then yes, I will have been far too harsh.

Yup, just like he put Brock over by sandbagging him.

Meh it happens, HBK does it a lot too.

I mean guys like Mordecai & Ken Kennedy & guys like that, Holly is usually one of the first guys to lose to them on TV or PPV, so he's not too bad.

Hey, Sparky Plugg beat up Rene Dupree, which is funny. He was also once called Thurman 'Sparky' Plugg, which as luck would have it, is also funny. Man, this dude should have his own talk show!

I give props to Bob Holly.

I wanted to give a little insight on the MSRA virus. This is a virus that is usually found in hospitals (scary thought) and can be VERY deadly. About 10% of people who get MSRA will die of complications from the infections that it can cause. This is not just a case of a wrestler being a little sick. This can and possibly will end an athlete's career. This is just to give an idea of how bad that this situation can be. If you are praying people, send one out for him.

I wanted to give a little insight on the MSRA virus. This is a virus that is usually found in hospitals (scary thought) and can be VERY deadly. About 10% of people who get MSRA will die of complications from the infections that it can cause. This is not just a case of a wrestler being a little sick. This can and possibly will end an athlete's career. This is just to give an idea of how bad that this situation can be. If you are praying people' date=' send one out for him.[/quote']

I think we got the idea when Gabe said it :P

I wanted to give a little insight on the MSRA virus. This is a virus that is usually found in hospitals (scary thought) and can be VERY deadly. About 10% of people who get MSRA will die of complications from the infections that it can cause. This is not just a case of a wrestling being a little sick. This can possibly end an athlete's career. Just to give an idea of how bad that this situation MAY be. If y'all are praying people, send one out for him.