Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE Survivor Series November 2006 UK Tour

Guest Dickie Hyde

Guest FreeSpirit

Interesting discussion there Nimf and Porridge, I got to admit though I'm swayed a bit by Porridge's stance.

The amount of times I've sat on the floor section and had kids hold up their signs throughout matches preventing me from seeing anything I've lost count. It's not the children's fault as they probably dont know better and are having the time of their life, but the parents need to tell them politely at times to put their signs down so people behind them can see.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where you're coming from, I do... I haven't been to a wrestling event on such a large scale so I can only go by cinema experiences-you know, when there's a kid behind you kicking your chair for 2 hours... And yeah, it's annoying and again yeah, it is often the parents fault... But is it really that much of a hassle to ask them to put it down? I mean, excitement makes you unaware of other people a lot of the time, especially for children.

When I was at the last 1PW show a group of lads 2 rows in front of me had a large sign made of one letter each saying 'slag'. Now when Burridge made his entrance it was fine, but during the match, in DIFFERENT matches!!! No thanks. I asked them to put the signs down, they did....then put them up just over 5 mins later. So I asked again......another few mins later and I told them to either drop the signs until they were appropriate or I was going to tear them up and throw them over the side into the merch tables. They kept them down then.

Does that make me bad? Dont know, but it meant I could see the damned matches from then on.

Guest SamoanBulldozer

So if i was to tell you i was goin to the live tapings on monday and tuesday and i was goin to take a couple of signs to get on tv because im in the front row would that make me such a bad guy.

Oh i've also got a 6 year old nephew whos well into the wwe comin aswell whos also got signs,so if i let him hold them up does that make me a bad uncle.

Guest The Great Ahmar
When I was at the last 1PW show a group of lads 2 rows in front of me had a large sign made of one letter each saying 'slag'. Now when Burridge made his entrance it was fine, but during the match, in DIFFERENT matches!!! No thanks. I asked them to put the signs down, they did....then put them up just over 5 mins later. So I asked again......another few mins later and I told them to either drop the signs until they were appropriate or I was going to tear them up and throw them over the side into the merch tables. They kept them down then.

Does that make me bad? Dont know, but it meant I could see the damned matches from then on.

:eek Bully!

Guest porridge

Want to form a tag team Darkstar? :worship

So if i was to tell you i was goin to the live tapings on monday and tuesday and i was goin to take a couple of signs to get on tv because im in the front row would that make me such a bad guy.

Oh i've also got a 6 year old nephew whos well into the wwe comin aswell whos also got signs,so if i let him hold them up does that make me a bad uncle.

If you're on the front row then there's no need to hold signs up high. If you did and it was during matches, in my opinion you'd be being selfish and inconsiderate.

Plus if you're on the front row then you should be on TV without needing signs :lol

Edited by porridge

Guest SamoanBulldozer
Want to form a tag team Darkstar? :worship

If you're on the front row then there's no need to hold signs up high. If you did and it was during matches, in my opinion you'd be being selfish and inconsiderate.

Plus if you're on the front row then you should be on TV without needing signs :lol

I agree with the first point holding signs up high is selfish and it would obstruct other peoples view but i dont usually do that holding them over the barrier is simply good enough to get on t.v, and get the wrestlers to notice as batista did at sheffield last years tapings in sheffield when he took my sign off me and held it high at the top of the ramp.

Why just see your face on t.v when you can be remembered as the guy with the great sign.I take it your not a fan of the Sign Guy seen over and over on t.v with his signs.millions of others are.

Guest porridge
I take it your not a fan of the Sign Guy seen over and over on t.v with his signs.millions of others are.

I am if he's not sat in front of me!

I agree with the first point holding signs up high is selfish and it would obstruct other peoples view but i dont usually do that holding them over the barrier is simply good enough to get on t.v

Well in that case I wish you the best of luck :xyx

Guest Kanenite
Personally i've never really had any problems with signs as I go for the tiered seats. The only one was when at the NEC for the RAW taping in April '05 and these kids in front had a Batista sign, but they didn't pop it up every 2 minutes, it was usually nessescary. I do see where people are coming from and I agree with these situations people get in with a sign blocking their view but also I wouldn't really complain, if it was a kid then they're having a bit of fun but if a fully grown adult keeps throwing up a sign there is only so much someone can stand.

Guest porridge
That sounds like a challenge. Why don't we get a signed picture of Candice Michelle and a signed picture of you, put them on E-bay and see which one get's the most/highest bids.

Nice try but if you want my autograph then you'll have to pay good money for it like all the rest.

P.S. Plus it's already there.

Guest Dazoggsta

I really enjoyed the show in Newcastle last night, i thought there was a really good atmosphere, but then it was my first Raw show, so i was marking out like a 7 year old anyway. There were some boring chants at the start in the first or second match, which i thought was a bit unfair, i was enjoying it.

We also had 3 ECW matches, which was mint because i didnt think id get to see anybody from there.

I took far too many pictures and the battery on my camera was almost dead by the time it got to the main event, but i had a great time. :)

Guest hassan_113
Sorry to be the one to break it to you but Candice's autograph isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Just a lil harsh?!

She is a very sweet person.

Okay, her voice is a bit random (she sounds real strange when you talk to her), but as a non-wrestling WWE diva, she is the tops man, you gotta admit that.

Well, I could get Sabu to sign it too.

Guest porridge
Just a lil harsh?!

She is a very sweet person.

Okay, her voice is a bit random (she sounds real strange when you talk to her), but as a non-wrestling WWE diva, she is the tops man, you gotta admit that.

Well, I could get Sabu to sign it too.

Harsh but true. It's Sabu's you want.

If by tops you mean she's fit then I would say meh. But each to their own, it's what makes the world interesting.

Guest porridge
During Wednesday’s RAW house show in Glasgow, superstar Randy Orton flipped a fan off when he yelled “You’re on steroids”. The fan later hit Orton in the head. Orton then broke character and tried to get a security guard to throw the fan out. The security guard just laughed and told the fan not to do it again. Orton was so angered by the fan’s actions he got a WWE official to force security to eject the fan.

Source: NoDQ.com

Guest hassan_113
Harsh but true. It's Sabu's you want.

If by tops you mean she's fit then I would say meh. But each to their own, it's what makes the world interesting.

Candice is hot, she's not exactly ugly lol.

Sabu- he's born in Mumbai, India right? I wonder if I chat to him about his roots in the 1.5 seconds you get with each star.