• John Cena
    • Who the hell cares?
    • This thread makes my head hurt

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carlito is cool
Have you seen Cena throw a punch? A five year old girl throws a better punch.

Yep but all wrestlers look ridiculous when they throw punches they take wild lunging swings and stomp there feet. If wrestlers threw good clean punches without the foot stomping in a worked match it wouldn't work. For all we no Cena could be able to throw a very good 'real' punch but struggles throwing a worked one thus why he looks so awkward and like a big girl.

Guest MrFill

Watch Cena when he's doing the mounted turnbuckle punches - it looks like he's sucking the punch off of their head - there's faster movement away from his opponent than towards. If you watch the match backwards, it probably looks like a real punch. :P

Kurt's punches look quite good, even though he stamps, but the actual movement looks like he's "connecting".

Trips' punches look good too - it's all about the movement.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Watch Cena when he's doing the mounted turnbuckle punches - it looks like he's sucking the punch off of their head - there's faster movement away from his opponent than towards. If you watch the match backwards, it probably looks like a real punch. :P

Kurt's punches look quite good, even though he stamps, but the actual movement looks like he's "connecting".

Does it really matter how pathetic Cena's worked punches look?

Guest carlito is cool

Your talking about worked punches though, punches that are meant to barely connect if he threw a proper punch he wouldn't have to worry about glancing his opponents head he could follow straight through with the punch and try to smash in someones skull. Even if his technique wasn't great and it may not be when you have his strength if he throws a clenched fist at you and wants to do damage he will.

Kurts takes his arm back real far and stomps hard when throwing his punches and they look good in a match. But im sure thats not how he naturally would throw a punch.

HHH's look more realistic they are shorter and with less of a stomp but again probably aren't what he finds natural.

Have you seen Cena throw a punch? A five year old girl throws a better punch.

I don't know what you're thinking of, but he looks pretty stiff to me.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/782/3292tj.jpg

And what I'm saying is physical attributes don't mean **** in a REAL fight. How many times have we got to go over this?

Ok...so by your reasoning and logic.....someone who was three feet tall, weighed two stone and had no eyes and only one arm....could beat up say, Big Show or Giant Khali, simply because he (or she, let's not be sexist) is crazy?

I don't care how crazy you are, if you can be overpowered, you can be defeated..........

To be serious for a minute, I have beaten people bigger than me, and have never been defeated by someone smaller than me.....wether that is just being lucky, I don't know........but that will condradict both arguments on it's own.....

New Jack would beat Cena, and most of the roster as well.....and it is documented that Tracey Smothers is the only man New Jack has said would be able to take him......behind the scenes it's not always obvious who is the toughest (Jericho and William Regal both humiliating Goldberg are prime examples of this).

Guest Thirteen
Ok...so by your reasoning and logic.....someone who was three feet tall' date=' weighed two stone and had no eyes and only one arm....could beat up say, Big Show or Giant Khali, simply because he (or she, let's not be sexist) is crazy[/i']?

New Jack would beat Cena, and most of the roster as well.....and it is documented that Tracey Smothers is the only man New Jack has said would be able to take him......behind the scenes it's not always obvious who is the toughest (Jericho and William Regal both humiliating Goldberg are prime examples of this).

You know exactly what I meant.;)

Guest carlito is cool
To prove size and strength are lesser attributes in a fight than skill and heart in the 2004 Pride Heavyweight Grand Prix Naoya Ogawa quickly took down and made Giant Silva tap out.

But Giant Silva was way out of his depth he is a big guy but with no fighting ability at all. I think the saying goes 'a good big guy will always beat a good little guy' well maybe not always nothing is ever guaranteed but i agree with this way of thinking. You could have two equally talented boxers for instance 140lb Ricky Hatton and 220lb Mike Tyson both are incredibly tough at their weights but Tyson wins 10 times out of 10. If both guys have equal ability then you can not ignore size and strength factors.

If you have a world class 160lb fighter fighting a clueless 200lb guy the smaller man would win. If you had a 160lb fighter fighting a 200lb decent opponent it becomes a 50-50 fight. And if you have a the160lb guy in their against a world class 200lb guy the 200lb guy would likely destroy and cause serious injury to the smaller man, this is why Boxing especially and mma more so now are big on weight divisions.

As for New Jack vs Cena without ever seeing either of these two in a legitimate fight no-one can really say who would win, Cena is bigger,stronger, younger and in better condition but New Jack is supposedly 'crazy' yet if a guy the size of Cena landed a shot on the point of NJ's chin it really wouldn't matter how crazy he was he would be KOED. So you can't really say one way or the other id love to find out though!!!

Guest Thirteen
But Giant Silva was way out of his depth he is a big guy but with no fighting ability at all. I think the saying goes 'a good big guy will always beat a good little guy' well maybe not always nothing is ever guaranteed but i agree with this way of thinking. You could have two equally talented boxers for instance 140lb Ricky Hatton and 220lb Mike Tyson both are incredibly tough at their weights but Tyson wins 10 times out of 10. If both guys have equal ability then you can not ignore size and strength factors.

I hear what your saying but in his prime Tyson was nearly always at a height, reach and more often then not weight disadvantage.:xyx

And in my opinion bar Ali, Rocky and Louis he was the best.

And on the weight thing all I can say is Roy Jones Jr.:xyx

Guest carlito is cool
I hear what your saying but in his prime Tyson was nearly always at a height, reach and more often then not weight disadvantage.:xyx

And in my opinion bar Ali, Rocky and Louis he was the best.

And on the weight thing all I can say is Roy Jones Jr.:xyx

RJJ beat John Ruiz, Jones was a masterful boxer very powerful and exceptionally quick, John Ruiz while being naturally a bigger man was at a disadvantage in evry other department speed, stamina, technique and possibly even power. If they were both the same weight RJJ would have ended that fight in 30 seconds the fact that Ruiz had a considerable size advantage meant the fight went the distance.

Same goes for Tyson he never really came across anyone with equal skills who had a size advantage on him. If Mike Tyson had came across a clone of himself that was 6'3 and 265lb he would have more than likely got his ass whipped. And yes i agree along with Ali and Louis Tyson was one of the best. Im not a fan of Rocky (you mean marciano not stallone i presume) to be honest but thats a different discussion for another day.

IF skills are equal than yeah the bigger guy will usually win. However there is very rarely that situation.

Anyway. Fact Cena has the size. Fact New Jack has (or at least had) the ability. NOt skill per sey, but he knew when and how to hit. Fact New Jack has the higher pain threshold. Fact New Jack has the lack of inhibitions that could lead to him going 'mental'.

Anyway, its a moot point as it is NEVER going to happen and no one will be convinced either way as each point of fact is met with a 'well you cant prove it'.

Guest HIDDEN DRAGON
This discussion started on the rvd ons2 thread' date=' so i wanted to throw it out to everyone at two[ just to make it clear im talking about a shoot ']. In my opinion New jack would get ripped apart by Cena. New jack has never been a legit tough guy the rumours about him are just that.... rumours. The only time he starts a fight with someone is when he can hit them from behind, or when he knows they either cant or wont fight back. He's a bully and a coward. What does everyone else think?

How in gods name wud NEW JACK get wasted by Cena and he never attacks people from behind. U R a FLAMIN IDIOT. John Cena has never fought people like Raven, Justin Credible, RVD, Perry Saturn, Sandman and Sabu week in-week out.:devil

Guest Thirteen
How in gods name wud NEW JACK get wasted by Cena and he never attacks people from behind. U R a FLAMIN IDIOT. John Cena has never fought people like Raven' date=' Justin Credible, RVD, Perry Saturn, Sandman and Sabu week in-week out.:devil[/quote']

Whilst I to have my reservations about the intelligence and just plain logic of that 619 dude he at least has the common sense and decency to attempt to back up his opinions and arguments with some sort of half-way sane reasoning.

You on the otherhand have not.

So until you proceed to do so I will have to post under the assumption that in actual fact you Sir are the 'idiot.':xyx

How in gods name wud NEW JACK get wasted by Cena and he never attacks people from behind. U R a FLAMIN IDIOT. John Cena has never fought people like Raven' date=' Justin Credible, RVD, Perry Saturn, Sandman and Sabu week in-week out.:devil[/quote']What does that have to do with anything? New Jack rarely, if ever, fought those guys either and in any case, they would have been worked. So even if Cena had fought them, it wouldn't have made a difference. By your logic New Jack never fought Angle, Brock, HHH or Big Show, so Cena would be able to out-wrestle, out-fight or out-muscle New Jack because of who he had faced in the past......which makes no sense......

DS makes a valid point in the fact that they will most likely never cross paths, so we would never know. How many people would have given Jericho a chance against Goldberg, or think Sid would have been so scared of Brian Pilman that he would go for a weapon. The on-screen character is usually not a factor. With only a few being as tough as they appear.

Here are, IMO, ten (actually) hard guys in wrestling, in their primes at least(in no order):

1) Rick Rude

2) Paul Orndorff

3) Angle

4) Brock

5) Steven Regal

6) Les Kellett

7) Tracey Smothers

8) 'Taker

9) New Jack

X) Samoa Joe

Yeah....but on ROH, Scorpio gave the whole run-down of that incident......it escalated from an argument earlier in the day...try and catch it on TWC....it was aired during the last night of CM Punk........Arn, Flair etc were on one bus, others like Vader, Scorpio, Sting and Sid were on another, some of them drinking and doing weed......at the hotel, when they arrived, the bar was left open for them, and they started drinking, with Arn giving Sid pelters, saying how he'll never be Ric Flair (Sid was booked to become the WHC later in the year), with Sid and a few others retorting that Flair was past it and it was time for a change, etc.....anyway it calmed down until Arn said something else and Sid threw his beer over him, then launched a bottle at Arn's head, which missed.....at this point Doug Dillenger (WCW Head of Security) sent them to their rooms...which they all complied with.

Scorpio and Vader are in their room smoking weed, and the hear a bang, so rush out, doped out of their heads and see Sid and Arn having a brawl, with Sid stabbing Arn with a pair of scissors in the process.......The result of this was Sid's release from WCW, Vince hiring him and renaming him Justice and that was that.

Sid was rehired to WCW and publicly shook Arns hand in the ring in a subtle gesture that the majority of smart, older fans picked up on (one fan even had a giant pair of scissors as a sign)...all bad blood was gone.

As for the Pilman incident, Sid told Brian to wait there so he could kick his ass, then came back with a squeege.....and was promptly laughed at by the remains of the roster.