Who is tougher?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who is tougher?

• New Jack
    • John Cena
    • Who the hell cares?
    • This thread makes my head hurt

Guest carlito is cool

Im still giving Cena a 50-50 shot based on the amount of physical advantages he has and the fact ive never seen either of them fight. I don't buy into this whole New Jack has a high pain threshold business, if they were having a chinesse burns contest that may be a factor but when punches by huge guys are getting thrown at chins and tempels pain thresholds mean nothing.

Dravens list was quite interesting i agree with alot of it but personally wouldn't have placed the Taker or Samoa Joe in there i would however have had RVD, Scott Steiner, Meng/Haku, Vader and even Marc Mero due to his impressive Boxing background.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carlito is cool
Considering Paul Orndorff hammered Vader' date=' I'd leave out Vader.[/quote']

You win some you lose some im sure Vader was a hard SOB.

On what evidence though?

Sure he looked like a tough guy, but that doesn't really mean anything. Sid looked like a tough guy, but wasn't nowt without some form a weapon.

I wouldn't mess with Vader, but I'm pretty sure the top 10 list could all take him.

Guest carlito is cool
On what evidence though?

Sure he looked like a tough guy, but that doesn't really mean anything. Sid looked like a tough guy, but wasn't nowt without some form a weapon.

I wouldn't mess with Vader, but I'm pretty sure the top 10 list could all take him.

You could say that about all of them though barring Angle and Lesnar because most of their reputations are based on stories coming from colleagues alot of the stuff has probably been exaggerated as this stuff tends to. Im only going on what ive heard for the majority not what i have seen. RVD has kickboxing experience and has competed and done very well in toughman contests that should instantly put him above any on the list that are there based on stories of beating up a few drunks in a pub while touring in the late 80's, so its hard to tell really whos for real.

Im still giving Cena a 50-50 shot based on the amount of physical advantages he has and the fact ive never seen either of them fight. I don't buy into this whole New Jack has a high pain threshold business, if they were having a chinesse burns contest that may be a factor but when punches by huge guys are getting thrown at chins and tempels pain thresholds mean nothing.

Dravens list was quite interesting i agree with alot of it but personally wouldn't have placed the Taker or Samoa Joe in there i would however have had RVD, Scott Steiner, Meng/Haku, Vader and even Marc Mero due to his impressive Boxing background.

Scott & Rick were tough, and I may have overlooked Meng, but I can't go with Mero as then you have to include Piper in that regard also, and at a push Bart Gunn for winning an actual shoot contest (even though he then got beat by Butterbean in a very close contest at WM15)......

RVD could handle himself in a fight, but I wouldn't bet on him against the ones I mentioned.......and Taker is a legit tough guy, maybe he doesn't have as a legit background as some, but any guy who tells HBK at WM14, "to do the right thing," while taping his fists, has to have some rep as a tough guy behind the scenes.

The argument about who is the toughest could be debated for years with no conclusive answer, names like Bruiser Brody, Onita, Terry Funk, The Original Sheik, Sabu, Mick Foley, etc will usually be bandied about. And how we define that toughness will always be slightly altered from person to person also........

I stand by my list, but I know it is not 100% definite.

Guest Thirteen
You could say that about all of them though barring Angle and Lesnar because most of their reputations are based on stories coming from colleagues alot of the stuff has probably been exaggerated as this stuff tends to. Im only going on what ive heard for the majority not what i have seen. RVD has kickboxing experience and has competed and done very well in toughman contests that should instantly put him above any on the list that are there based on stories of beating up a few drunks in a pub while touring in the late 80's' date=' so its hard to tell really whos for real.[/quote']

Plus the fact that he gave Taz a slap, and Taz just took it.:lol

Guest carlito is cool
Scott & Rick were tough, and I may have overlooked Meng, but I can't go with Mero as then you have to include Piper in that regard also, and at a push Bart Gunn for winning an actual shoot contest (even though he then got beat by Butterbean in a very close contest at WM15)......

RVD could handle himself in a fight, but I wouldn't bet on him against the ones I mentioned.......and Taker is a legit tough guy, maybe he doesn't have as a legit background as some, but any guy who tells HBK at WM14, "to do the right thing," while taping his fists, has to have some rep as a tough guy behind the scenes.

The argument about who is the toughest could be debated for years with no conclusive answer, names like Bruiser Brody, Onita, Terry Funk, The Original Sheik, Sabu, Mick Foley, etc will usually be bandied about. And how we define that toughness will always be slightly altered from person to person also........

I stand by my list, but I know it is not 100% definite.

Bart Gunn and everyone else that competed in that shoot contest can't be listed, Gunn lost to Butterbean who is DIRE and lost to a 51 year old fat Larry Holmes. He is bottom of the barrel stuff in the boxing world.

Shawn strikes me as a wet lettuce so i dont read much into him cacking his pants from the taker.

I don't rate hard men on the amount of punishment they can take in a worked environment its how well they can handle themselves in a real life physical confrontation so the likes of Foley are way down there. Didn't Ric Flair give fat Mick a bit of a slapping around a while ago i mean come on!!!

Bart Gunn and everyone else that competed in that shoot contest can't be listed, Gunn lost to Butterbean who is DIRE and lost to a 51 year old fat Larry Holmes. He is bottom of the barrel stuff in the boxing world.

Shawn strikes me as a wet lettuce so i dont read much into him cacking his pants from the taker.

I don't rate hard men on the amount of punishment they can take in a worked environment its how well they can handle themselves in a real life physical confrontation so the likes of Foley are way down there. Didn't Ric Flair give fat Mick a bit of a slapping around a while ago i mean come on!!!

So sorry if Mick Foley isn't a crazy, borderline-retarded, douchebag, with substance abuse issues. But maybe he didn't feel it appropritae to get fired for beating the hell out of a crazy old man. With Foley, I don't know how well he would fight. But the ability to take a lot of punishment and to keep getting up when others would give in isn't the only factor, but it's an important one.

Say what you will, but he DID beat a legitimate tough guy in Steve Williams in the Brawl For All.

Guest carlito is cool
So sorry if Mick Foley isn't a cocky' date=' has-been, with substance abuse issues. But maybe he didn't feel it appropritae to get fired for beating the hell out of a crazy old man. With Foley, I don't know how well he would fight. But the ability to take a lot of punishment and to keep getting up when others would give in isn't the only factor, but it's an important one.[/quote']

Getting a beating in a worked match means squat when talking about genuine hard nuts. Foley would not miraculousy rise if Rick Rude hit him in the chin he would be convulsing on the floor like a retard. I like Mick Foley alot he is a good guy but not a hard man in the sense im thinking of. And to me genuine hard guys wouldn't let the likes of Ric Flair slap them around, but thats just my opinion.

Sooo... being able to continue a match, worked or not, after falling onto exploding C4 wrapped in barbed wire says nothing about your threshold for pain, and will? I'm saying while it's worked, it's nothing to be dismissed like how hard someone throws a punch in a worked match.

Mick Foley is in no way a bad ass. He comes off as a genuine nice guy actually, but he can take a beating and not let it get to him like others might.

Guest carlito is cool
Say what you will' date=' but he DID beat a legitimate tough guy in Steve Williams in the Brawl For All.[/quote']

I heard and read alot of stuff about Williams and expected alot from him but he dissapointed me in the BFA maybe he just had a bad day at the office. But when it came to the crunch to show of what people had been saying about him for years it didn't quite happen for Steve.

I don't no what to say about Foley, yes he has a high pain threshold and can carry on working a match while injured however talking about tough guys in the sense that i am he doesn't feature.

He probably comes near the top of the list for genuine nice guys though which must count for something :thumbsup

Guest carlito is cool
Sooo... being able to continue a match' date=' worked or not, after falling onto exploding C4 wrapped in barbed wire says nothing about your threshold for pain, and will? I'm saying while it's worked, it's nothing to be dismissed like how [b']hard someone throws a punch in a worked match[/b].

Mick Foley is in no way a bad ass. He comes off as a genuine nice guy actually, but he can take a beating and not let it get to him like others might.

that has absolutely ZERO bearing on how someone would throw a punch in a legitimate fight.