Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Last major mark out moment?

Guest Da Showstoppa

Guest Da Showstoppa

When was the last time you, to borrow a phrase "Marked out?"

For me it might well have been on Raw when Triple H and Shawn went nose to nose on the ramp.

Otherwise I think it'd be when Batista turned on Evolution last year.

you?

Mike

EDIT: No unmarked spoilers until 3 days after the event has aired

Edited by MrFill

When HHH tapped at 'Mania.....I marked out then, mainly because Vince had suckered me.

I have marked out on a few occasions...and here are my top ten mark-out moment (in no order):

1) Austin turning heel and joining Vince at WM17.

2) 'Taker turning heel, and asking Jim Ross, "Do you think you're better than me?"

3) When Van Dam and Tommy Dreamer ran in on RAW to re-introduce ECW during 'The Invasion'.

4) The Radicalz turning up.

5) Edge putting Foley through the flaming table.

6) Mike Awesome taking the hardcore belt from Rhyno.

7) Hogan turning heel in 1996.

8) Benoit winning the WHT at WM20

9) Raven turning up in WWE to help Tazz during the Unforgiven PPV.

X) Being trained by Jake "The Snake" Roberts....even if it was for a very brief time.

Guest Danny Styles

the flaming table spot was one of them

but seeing as this happened later that same night it was Rey winning the title

i feel my next mark out moment may involve DX though

Guest Da Showstoppa

Heres my top ten all time: (in no order)

1: The Millennium clock reaches zero in the middle of Raw August 1999 - the lights go dead and suddenly BOOM - The word "Jericho" appears on the tron.

2: Seeing the words "WWF BUYS WCW!!!!!" on the teletext wrestling page.

3: HBK is reintruduced to WWE in June 2002 as a member of the nWo

4: Hollywood Hogan is challenged by the Rock for WMX8

5: Seeing HBK finally beat Bret for the WWF title (I watched this on tape cause I didn't have Sky then) WrestleMania 12.

6: Undertaker interrupting the Iron man match between Rock and Triple H at JD 2000 and then destroying the entire corporation plus D-X.

7: The previously mentioned first Elimination chamber, when HBK won the WHT.

8: The moment when Batista finally gave us the payoff from a 12 month storyline and drove Triple H through a table.

9: Seeing Undertaker launch Mick Foley off the roof of Hell in the Cell.

10: Seeing Shane McMahon on Monday Nitro.

Triple H tapping at mania was an WTF moment! My Fiancee just looked stunned (she's a huge HHH mark)

Mike

Edited by Da Showstoppa

Guest MrFill

Seeing Rock vs Hogan live - and screaming my lungs out for Hulk. :D

Benoit winning the strap at WM.

Sitting at SD, having Eddie stare in our direction as we held up our "Lie", "Cheat" and "Steel Cage" signs. Last time I saw Eddie (RIP) live.

Getting home, and watching RAW, seeing my sign move into position while Jake The Snake was speaking to Orton.

DAVE~! beating HHH for the gold at WM.

Chatting to AJ, finding out that he still lives 20-30 minutes from the house in the States. :)

Meeting Christopher Daniels - a really nice guy to chat to.

Guest Boyo

Erm, the last "Mark Out" moment, I guess, was when Edge came out and beat John Cena at New Year's Revolution. That was awesome, not so much because of the result and the people involved, as I couldn't really care less about Edge and Cena, but because the moment threw me.

Another one was not the match, but the biuld-up for Goldberg vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania XX.

Cheers!

Guest MojoPogo
The last time i marked out was the first time this year Triple H and Shawn did the crotch chop. Before that it was Edge winning the belt, and before that it was Awesome v Tanaka at ONS. WHAT A MATCH! Short (ish) but sweet!

Guest horsemansmiler

wow last time chronologically was edge foley fire table bump but since we running down the list ill have one too

In no order

1) Y2J arrives and shows wcw what they missing with his blistering promo with rock

2) Seeing batista turn on trips after an awesome build up

3) Edge beating cena at NYR

4) Superplex at SNME through table

5) Joey styles being an announcer for wwe

6) Entire ONS ppv

Guest DOB

1) Taker returns at Judgement Day 00,no joke i marked like a bitch when this happened.

2)Austin wins the WWF title at WM14

3) HHH returns

4)Austin returning at No Way Out 03

Guest MrFill
With regard to Taker's return at JD, when I knew he was coming out I was all mark-out like, but when he came out as BikerTaker, and all of a sudden the mark-out just vanished.

Guest Kanenite

Edge beating Cena for the title, it was a brief run but I was pleased for Edge and that Cena had been beaten in such an unexpected way.

After that was probably seeing Kane and getting his autograph, I was so speechless anything I was going to say to him just went out of my head straight away, I now regret not saying anything :(

Then probably a week and a half ago at Nottingham seeing RVD, Flair, Michaels and HHH was awesome.

Guest FreeSpirit

Being There Live: The crowd reaction for the main event At WrestleMania 22. Everytime I think about it (or watch it again) I get goosebumps.

Watching on TV: It has to be Edge winning the title at New Years Revolution, and then the tearful celebration afterwards.

Guest The Great Ahmar

For some reason One was Undertaker beating Kane at WM 14

Undertaker's Return at WM 20, i marked like a bitch when his music hit, the bell tone!

Brock Lesnar's messed up Frog splash

Eddie winning the belt

Benoit winning the belt

WWE beating WCW at Survior Series 01

HBK winning Surivor Series 02

Guest Deviatic Trauma
The last time I marked out was seeing Joey's worked shoot from this weeks RAW, probably the whole ECW storyline last year. Benoit winning the belt, i had a tear in my eye and the hug at the end is an ultimate mark out moment, Eddie winning the title that was great. James Gibson winning the RoH title is another mark out moment too. I mark out quite often i guess im not too fussy heh

Guest remi MPW

1) HHH HBK doing the croch chops again

2) The beer bath austin gave vince shane + Rock

3) Edge winning at new years revolution

4) Linda kicking JR in the balls and firing him

5) HHH revealed as Rakishi's accomplace in the who done it story line.

6) Mankind Hell In A Cell v's Undertaker, need i say more

7) Goldust coming back to get Val Venus and Terri. that was classic

8) Brisco beating Crash Holly (RIP) for the Hardcore title when crash was asleep and then being woke up and chasing down Brisco.

9) HHH turning on the Nature boy with the sledge hammer

10) X Pac joining D-X and the second D-X reunion and the mcmahon helmsley era. lots of gold in all of those. especially at Armageddon 1999 when steph turned on vince.

The ultimate was MSG january 7th 2002. HHH returned i was shouting and cheering so loud i think he could actually hear me.

Guest Dickie Hyde

My lastest mark-out moment has to be the HHH Crotch-Chops i guess... means a lot.

But, a real mark out moment for me was HHH's return from the quad injury at Madison Square Garden :)

Guest Steve O
Cena retaining at wm 22 the rock at the diva search the dx happenings and so on and so forth

Guest Dickie Hyde
For some reason' date=' the sight of a 43 year old and a 38 year old pretending to be "degenerates" by chopping their crotch and telling me to "suck it" isn't my idea of a mark out moment.[/quote']

That's because you are boring :P

SUCK IT! :D :D :D