Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Mark Henry signs contract extension

Guest Breakdown

Guest Breakdown

Credit - Gerweck.net

Dave Meltzer reports that Mark Henry's WWE contract has been extended. Henry signed a 10 year contract with the WWE back in 1996 after he competed in the Olympics for $1 million dollars a year. Henry's new deal is not guarenteed and lasts through 2007. His money has been cut down from $1 million a year dollars to $300,000 a year

Looks like we have another year of Henry stinking up the main event scene on Smackdown, oh well.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chaos kid
whats the point of extending his contract, what a waste of money on another useless talent.

Guest Chriscare
Mark Henry isn't the solution to Smackdown!'s lack of main eventers he's the cause of it.

Guest The Beltster

So they bury him for 10 years trying to get him to quit, and once they are finally rid of the useless ****, they re-sign him to another deal, one that STILL means he is making shitloads more money than 99% of the roster?

Oh well, another year of avoiding SD!

Guest HearnyIchiban

Well I think this is bad news for Smackdown. As someone has said this is not the solution that Smackdown needs at the moment. I think that they have shoved him down our throats a bit too quickly. I remember back on Raw when he had Theodore Long in his corner and he was floating around Upper MidCard territory and had a few good matches with the likes of Booker T etc. I think this is where he was best suited. I think he was actually a little entertaining back then and was credible but in the main event scene I think he doesn't quite cut it at the moment. I'd hate to see him with any belt but perhaps they should give him a US Title run because I don't think he is main event material yet.

Plus its interesting that they've only given him a one year extension. Perhaps this is like a last chance to show if he has what it takes.

Guest Andrew
Bit of a surprising move but it just goes to show how much Smackdown! is in need of some main event type talent and while I don't see him as a main event star he has been in that role for a while now. It's only a year extension mind, so maybe he'll be gone then. You just never know Vinnie Mac works in mysterious ways.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Horrible news but just what I expected to happen really, I suspected this would happen as soon as the drugs policy was announced tho,

I am not happy about it!

Guest vortigern

great news WWE thank you for giving me yet another reason for watching the talented ensemble at TNA.

Why not bring back Typhoon? or the Kongs?

Guest FreeSpirit
Its a good idea to extend his contract so he can have feuds with both Kurt Angle and Batista when they're both recover from their injuries.

Guest DanielFullard

Good....

I for one have enjoyed Henry since he came back. He has been booked superbly and has been put over as a real monster and for once, for once, WWE can be praised for taking a star who seemed dead in the water and booking him up into a credible main eventer. It would be daft to not give him an extension

Guest Jimmy Redman
Henry's run at the moment is going well, it does seem like common sense to keep him on for another year. I'd have more good things to say about him, but I'm still bitter about him pinning Mysterio cleanly on SD.

Guest DanielFullard
Henry's run at the moment is going well' date=' it does seem like common sense to keep him on for another year. I'd have more good things to say about him, but I'm still bitter about him pinning Mysterio cleanly on SD.[/quote']

For the third time