Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

*** Official RAW Thread - 8th May 2006 ****

Guest MrFill

Guest Craig

SPIRIT SQUAD WON~! They should be the WWE Champion. All of them.

Oh, and after what we just saw, it's now confirmed that DX is returning, and Spirit Squad and John Cena are joining along with Edge, CM Punk, Ken Kennedy, Carlito, Mick Foley, Matt Striker, Jonathan Coachman and more to come, I'm sure. And I bet when they reform, Motorhead will record a new song for them.

Kennedy.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rawiswar

I agree what a disappointing show.

I saw Kane's mask on the titantron too, I doubt it means the mask gimmick is coming back though but it did cross my mind seeing the mask on the screen with the fire in the background.

The only bits that really grabbed my attention in tonights show was the Foley heel turn, and the Kane segment. And what was that whole Mickie fan runing in the ring about??? The commentators didn't explain it or anything. It looked as though it was an actual fan at first the way the security or officials or whatever grabbed her, it looked really real, yet the camera stayed on this woman screaming "Get off me" with Mickie screaming back at her and JR and King didn't say anything.

Edited by rawiswar

Guest Craig

Oh yeah, Jeff Hardy. And Hulk Hogan too because Kenny does a leg drop. Also, don't be suprised if Kid Kash joins if just because he is awesome and is from TNA so he would fit in with the whole anti-corporation vibe and would know the way to Universal Studios for the TNA tapings when they invade in a few weeks on a tank. Expect Kevin Nash to join as well considering he's proved to everyone he is the biggest draw of all time with his charts. THE MAN HAD CHARTS. Oh, and Lance Cade will join as well for no reason at all it's just we need another name so we can speculate about it enough that we will convince ourselves that these guys WILL be in DX, and when we see that they aren't, we will be hugely dissapointed and DX will bomb, but let's not worry about all that at the moment, lets just mark out for HHH's sexual innuendo and dream about the new DX.

Man, DX is going to rule.

Oh, and on Raw, yeah, it was ok. Nothing too special that stood out other than the RVD/Cena 5 second tease, CAR F'N LITO walking out to the ring because he is CAR F'N LITO, BARBED WIRE to the GROIN, and all these new members of DX.

Guest Jack

Personally, I think Umaga is a brilliant character, and Estrade plays his role to perfection aswell. A lot of people think it is just a Samoa Joe rip-offf, well, Joe wishes he had such a strong gimmick to be honest. The whole character is fantastic, and Umaga plays his part well, aswell. His ring style may not be excellent sure, but it's brutal and that is what is needed, as is his finisher. It's not flashy, but like William Regal's, old, running knee to the face, which is still the best finisher (W)WWF/E have ever had, it looks dangerous. I'd much rather see a legit move, over something ridiculous like a 630 spalsh or anything like that. Umaga's thumb poke > Muscle Buster. I prefer the Asiatic Spike though.

I really enjoyed Big Show vs Kane aswell. their match at Backlash was vastly underrated - It wasn't good, but -*? It wasn't even the worst match on the card - Mickie James vs Trish was horrible, as are all womeen's matches. They just can't wrestle. AJW Dreamslam is supposedly the best card ever - it's awful from top to bottom. A good female wrestler is bad, and a bad female wrestle, is unwatchable. No wonder WWE sign women based on looks. It's their only positive.

As for the whole show, the only thing I did like was the Umaga squash. But I can't pick any faults with it either. I think about most WWE now though. Nothing grabs my attention really.

EDIT: Actually Kenny pinning Shawn Michaels was th best part of the show. For some reason, I though he would end up turning on Spirit Squad tonight. Hopefully he does sooner rather thanlater, so the whole gimmick doesn't have much effect on the rest of his career. Though I do like Spriit Squad, but they are going nowhere.

Edited by Jack

Guest Colin

THIS IS THE WORST RAW EVER!!! OH MY GOD DID IT EVER SUCK!!!

Shut the hell up you whinging idiots. I mean seriously, what this Raw did was set an interesting series of events into mention, it did not explain them, but it set them into watch. This may have not been the best week of TV I've ever seen, but it was certainly far far from the worst, and I was certainly not disappointed because I'm now curious where angles will go. Yes, Edge/Foley is not what people expect, but nothing was explained tonight, do you think that's just going to go unexplained? Do you think we're NOT going to get an awesome Foley promo out of it? Do you REALLY think WWE would bring Tommy Dreamer back to get the **** kicked out of him for giggles? Actually scratch the last one.

Oh god, no one come on air to do a worked shoot this week, it must be a terrible Raw... BUT I THOUGHT SMARKS HATED WORKED SHOOTS.

Kane/Big Show was quite funny that they actually done some chain wrestling, the fatal four way had it's merits and it was quite interesting to see. Adding another talented female wrestler to the Trish/Mickie storyline in Beth Phoenix is certainly going to lead us down an interesting avenue. Another stalker to the mix is something we haven't seen before, especially in regards to wrestling stalkers angles, BUT HEY THE INTERNET CAN'T LIKE TEH BOOBIES!!!

And hey we got another DX tease now didn't we? That's what we all tuned in for, we need our DX tease for the week.

But hey **** on it because it wasn't perfect it was clearly an awful show and set nothing of interest up for futher down the road, because as we all know TV is not used for setting up interesting angles, it's for ***** matches.

The only thing that annoyed me about the show was May 19th, and that's horrible enough to laugh at at this point.

But hey, continue your AWFUL AWFUL RAW circlejerk, because wrestling fans on the internet can't just sit and say "hrrrmm, I wonder where they'll take this next week", no they seem to need instant gratification.

Edit: I think this is how cranky I get at 4am with an exam on Wednesday

Edited by Colin

Right............

It may've been discussed previously, but what exactly occured on May 19'th? My 2 guesses are the demasking of Kane or the date that he was "burnt".

In any case, glad to see J.R. back where he belongs.

Speaking of J.R., why did J.R. & King act like they didn't know who RVD's opponents were? WWE.com posted it on the preview and the homepage a good hour (at least) prior to RAW.

How does Foley benefit from turning heel? I mean really? Is he going to be on RAW week after week? I doubt it. I'll give him until after ONS 2, at the most. Maybe not even that long, maybe until the WWE Vs. ECW special.

I'm getting tired of this build-up for DX's return. I feel the official return is imminent, after last week's "staredown" between Trips & HBK and this week's "Game Saver". I feel Cena's heel turn coming soon, very soon.

2 other things I'm sick of is 1) Handicap Matches & 2) Umaga squash matches. I understand that WWE is trying to save us the humility of Cena wrestling one-on-one (w/out a special referee or distractions), but with the 3 weeks in a row of handicap matches building to Backlash and the recent 5-on-2 and 5-on-1 matches (IE: SS Vs. HBK, SS Vs. RVD, etc.).

Umaga squash matches- I applaud him for magically making the "Nature Boy" dissapear, but c'mon, his gimmick is good, but not good enough to live off of squash matches. For the record, Estrada is great.

Also, was that Ashley attacking Mickie? I couldn't tell.

Guest horsemansmiler
Right............

How does Foley benefit from turning heel? I mean really? Is he going to be on RAW week after week? I doubt it. I'll give him until after ONS 2, at the most. Maybe not even that long, maybe until the WWE Vs. ECW special.

Also, was that Ashley attacking Mickie? I couldn't tell.

On the first point foley is coming back to nearly ful time so it isnt a one off apperarence. I didnt think the heel turn got the reaction it should have. It was sudden and not really well done IMO. Great to see Tommy again

On the second i do think it was nattie neidhart? i could be wrong

On points of my own i liked RVDS promo and the fatal 4 way. Main event didnt sizzle for me and even i the biggest dx mark ever is growing tired waiting for this.

Also Triple H should pick a side of the fence because swtitching from heel to face is annoying.

Umaga squash matches are both tedious and pointless, reminds me of wwf superstars or wrestling challange. And to the person who earlier said Samoa Joe wished he had a gimmick like that i have to mega disagree.

Kane and Big Show match was surprisingly good. Now i didnt see when kane flipped out at backlash did we see his mask on titantron then??? I think he may mask himself again

Guest horsemansmiler
Nattie Neidhart didnt sign with WWE so it'd be safe to say it definatly wasnt her' date=' i'd love it if it was Tori :D

Ahh ok cheers Perfect

I'm sure you enjoyed Benoit/Angle in that last match did you? The interference of Kanes mask was a first though.

At least they tried something different to their usual matches......I bet you'd have been the first to complain if they just stuck to the punch/kick/clothesline/chokeslam route..........

Enjoy it for what it is bub, two big guys doing some decent technical stuff for their size......and Kane's mask was a mark-out moment for me......It reminds me of the mask in Splatterhouse.

Guest Dave7g
At least they tried something different to their usual matches......I bet you'd have been the first to complain if they just stuck to the punch/kick/clothesline/chokeslam route..........

Enjoy it for what it is bub, two big guys doing some decent technical stuff for their size......and Kane's mask was a mark-out moment for me......It reminds me of the mask in Splatterhouse.

I'm sorry but I didn't enjoy it, and now that WWE in their vast wisdom after seeing 2 negative star matches are continuing this hideous fued. Raw had huge momentum coming off the previous weeks show, but just fell flat on its face this week. It was just a boring show.

Personally, I think Umaga is a brilliant character, and Estrade plays his role to perfection aswell. A lot of people think it is just a Samoa Joe rip-offf, well, Joe wishes he had such a strong gimmick to be honest. The whole character is fantastic, and Umaga plays his part well, aswell. His ring style may not be excellent sure, but it's brutal and that is what is needed, as is his finisher. It's not flashy, but like William Regal's, old, running knee to the face, which is still the best finisher (W)WWF/E have ever had, it looks dangerous. I'd much rather see a legit move, over something ridiculous like a 630 spalsh or anything like that. Umaga's thumb poke > Muscle Buster. I prefer the Asiatic Spike though.

I really enjoyed Big Show vs Kane aswell. their match at Backlash was vastly underrated

Well that post entertained me more than Raw.

Guest porridge
Right............

It may've been discussed previously, but what exactly occured on May 19'th? My 2 guesses are the demasking of Kane or the date that he was "burnt".

Normally when WWE uses dates like this it is coincidentally when there is a TV taping. May 19th is a Friday, so could we see Kane turn up on Smackdown?????

Edited by porridge

Guest rawiswar

Just face it, it was a poor RAW coming off of last weeks.

I at least thought we would see McMahon come down and talk about what Joey Styles said, none of that. Instead, a pointless opening segment where HHH comes down asking for a title shot for the one billionth time. Oh and btw on WWE.com it's stated that Triple H gets his shot next week on RAW. It's being sold as the WrestleMania rematch just like Foley and Edge's so don't be dissapointed if it turns to hardly anything.

Mr. McMahon releases statement regarding Triple H

May 9, 2006

In a statement released from the office of the Chairman of the Board of WWE, Mr. McMahon has said that "Triple H will get his championship match next week on RAW."

Don't miss next Monday's RAW when John Cena defends the WWE Championship in a huge WrestleMania rematch against The Game.

Guest Lagwagon

Mark out moment number 1-Seeing Tommy Dreamer.

Mark out moment number 2-Seconds later relizing that Foley vs The Innovator of Violence at ONS is a major possibility.

Guest horsemansmiler
Mark out moment number 1-Seeing Tommy Dreamer.

Mark out moment number 2-Seconds later relizing that Foley vs The Innovator of Violence at ONS is a major possibility.

i think it will be Tommy and Funk VS Edge and FOley that would be good enough for me!

Let the funker and cactus get at it and dreamer and edge can tear house down

Guest Anime Otaku

I really liked Raw, a bit of a let down from last week but it was always going to be really. I'm just wondering what the May 19th thing will be my guess is it will be something to do with Kane being burnt and maybe a return to the mask. The Foley turn was a but sudden but in some ways it made sense as Foley was seeming to show more respect for Edge since their match at 'mania.

As for D-X it might be fun short term if done well. Also do you think they will try to turn RVD as his offence got him so over in the invasion angle that he was a face despite being in the Alliance.

Guest Y2James

I did some research on May 19th and found this:

May 19, 1995--Volunteer Slam IV: Robert Gibson defeated Unibomb in a "Falls Count Anywhere" match

Unibomb was a previous Kane gimmick. Now I think Robert Gibson will appear in the WWE (If he isnt dead) and then Kane will get his revenge. Here is a picture of Unibomb:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5049/unibomb5qu.jpg

May 19, 2003 - RAW: Kane & Rob Van Dam defeat Christian & Chris Jericho by DQ to retain their Tag Team titles

Another possibility could be the re-formation of Kane and RVD winning the tag titles.

So there is your answer to the May 19th stuff.

Raw was ok, nothing stood out just an average RAW. Umaga is brilliant people should lay off him. Cena sucks. HHH is god. what else is there to say?