Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

*** Official RAW Thread - 8th May 2006 ****

Guest MrFill

Guest porridge

What a horrid looking character!! :help

But I'm not certain it's the definite answer to May 19th...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dave7g
I did some research on May 19th and found this:

Unibomb was a previous Kane gimmick. Now I think Robert Gibson will appear in the WWE (If he isnt dead) and then Kane will get his revenge. Here is a picture of Unibomb:

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5049/unibomb5qu.jpg

Another possibility could be the re-formation of Kane and RVD winning the tag titles.

So there is your answer to the May 19th stuff.

Raw was ok, nothing stood out just an average RAW. Umaga is brilliant people should lay off him. Cena sucks. HHH is god. what else is there to say?

No chance in hell, it's going to have anything to do with either of them. May 19th is just a way to get his movie promoted. Nothing else. They'll just make up some crap about May 19th being the day he was forced to wear his mask.

Guest Breakdown
The crowd pretty much killed this show for me. They were dead all night apart from HHH/Cena.

Guest Slim Jim

What Colin said.

It was as good as last week's show, but last weeks show was the BEST EVER because the commentator made a speech.

Weird, but enjoyable show. The only thing that really got to me was the crappy See No Evil bit, which makes me not want to watch the film at all, because it proved how bad the cast are at acting. The match was cool though with them trying to do proper wrestling and then the mask on the screen. It's pretty obvious May 19th was the day he was burned.

Well, for whoever said they missed it, it was Kane's mask in "screensaver-like" fashion, with flames behind it.

According to 411Mania, Mickie's attacker is indeed Beth Phoenix from OVW.

Credit: Wikipedia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1b/Beth_phoenix.jpg/210px-Beth_phoenix.jpg

(she looked more "slender" on RAW)

According to Wikipedia, Beth is suppost to have a gimmick similar to Al Snow. She'll carry a teddy bear around that she talks to named "Murdoch the Bear".

Edited by TPIB

Guest rawiswar

Hmm the May 19th situation is intriguing. I mean, surely it's to do something with the whole storyline of Kane's house being burnt down with the whole Undertaker scenario? Not only that, I think the titantron movie we saw on this RAW proves that with the mask and the flames in the background. I could be wrong here though.

Because wasn't the whole mask issue originally to do with Kane being burnt so he covered his burnt face with the mask? And when they removed the mask they changed the storyline to make it look like it was all in Kane's head and that he really had not been burnt on his face, which is quite horrible the way they changed the storyline like that. He should have kept the mask and the original gimmick where he says nothing apart from using the voice accessory. I really think it's a shame they gradually made him more human, he was always a mystery and I think it could of still continued today if you ask me if it wasn't for them exposing him more and more and then eventually unmasking him.

Guest rawiswar

Yeah of course, but just because his movie is released on May 19th does not mean he would get so nuts over the single date.

The reason he's gone nuts is because something happened on that date, like for example his house being burnt down as a child. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see why he's going so psycho over the date.

Guest Refuse Matt M

Rob Van Dam VS Charlie Haas VS Chris Masters VS Shelton Benjamin [**]

Carlito VS Matt Striker [early run-in by Eugene]

Edge VS Mick Foley VS Tommy Dreamer (hardcore) [sQUASH]

Mickie James VS Maria [DUD]

Umaga VS Tommy Wilson & Kevin Mortinson [sQUASH]

Kane VS Big Show [1/4*]

John Cena & Shawn Michaels VS The Spirit Squad [*]

Two squash matches, one dud match. Not good.

I know RAW isn't known for great matches and Smackdown generally has the better quality wrestling, but this was terrible.

Yeah of course, but just because his movie is released on May 19th does not mean he would get so nuts over the single date.

The reason he's gone nuts is because something happened on that date, like for example his house being burnt down as a child. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see why he's going so psycho over the date.

Becouse thats when he murdered some poeple........

Rob Van Dam VS Charlie Haas VS Chris Masters VS Shelton Benjamin [**]

Carlito VS Matt Striker [early run-in by Eugene]

Edge VS Mick Foley VS Tommy Dreamer (hardcore) [sQUASH]

Mickie James VS Maria [DUD]

Umaga VS Tommy Wilson & Kevin Mortinson [sQUASH]

Kane VS Big Show [1/4*]

John Cena & Shawn Michaels VS The Spirit Squad [*]

Two squash matches, one dud match. Not good.

I know RAW isn't known for great matches and Smackdown generally has the better quality wrestling, but this was terrible.

I'd like to know when the modern-day WWE was all WRESTLING WRESTLING WRESTLING.

I can't believe people still watch the WWE and expect them to deliver top quality wrestling matches every week. The WWE is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT.

Guest Refuse Matt M
I'd like to know when the modern-day WWE was all WRESTLING WRESTLING WRESTLING.

I can't believe people still watch the WWE and expect them to deliver top quality wrestling matches every week. The WWE is SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT.

I don't think anybody expects them to deliver classic wrestling matches every week. I don't think anybody expects them to deliver even top quality matches every week.

RAW especially. But I tend to expect something a bit better than last night.

Smackdown generally has one good match every week, so there is no reason why RAW shouldn't.

Altho with RAW, you can still have a show full of dire embarassing matches, yet it can be a great show because of the promos/angles etc.

Guest Slim Jim
Well I think it has to be something to do with his dud eye that he got when Taker burned him. The only reason I say this, is because the movie is about eyes and he's never had this problem on May 19th before. Look closely and notice one of Kane's eyes is white all over, and has been since he came to the WWE in 1997, where Paul Bearer mentioned that he lost his eye when Taker burned him.

Guest Dave7g
Well I think it has to be something to do with his dud eye that he got when Taker burned him. The only reason I say this' date=' is because the movie is about eyes and he's never had this problem on May 19th before. Look closely and notice one of Kane's eyes is white all over, and has been since he came to the WWE in 1997, where Paul Bearer mentioned that he lost his eye when Taker burned him.[/quote']

Do you honestly think they are going to go that far back to cover their tracks?

Four weeks ago on Raw they showed some clips of Kane during the filming of the movie, all the actors were saying how great it was to work with Kane and what a great guy he was, in fact there was mention of a big 'teddybear'. This week on Raw history has changed and all the actors hated him because he was mean and nasty and had no friends. There is no way in hell that these genius bookers remember what happened in 1997, they are Hollywood writers, who, by the looks of it, never watched wrestling until they got the job.

Just throwing this out there, but some people speculate that Kane actually debuted in 1993 at Survivor Series as "The Black Knight", but some argue that it was a guy named Jeff Gaylord. I believe his set-in-stone WWF debut was as Jerry Lawler's dentist during his feud w/ Bret Hart, if not that then when he portrayed Diesel in '96.

BTW, with the talk of RAW and the such, I was doing some web browsing and noticed that Trish Stratus is rumoured to manage the new DX.

Edited by TPIB

Guest Dave7g
The DX Army is growing stronger now, thanks to the internet. Was there a source for this addition to the one night only deal that needs a manager now.

Guest Slim Jim
Kane made his debut at Bad Blood 1997. Anything else was Glen Jacobs. Kane's real name by the way is Glen Calloway. It says in the book.

Guest MrFill
Just throwing this out there' date=' but some people speculate that Kane actually debuted in 1993 at Survivor Series as "The Black Knight", but some argue that it was a guy named Jeff Gaylord. I believe his set-in-stone WWF debut was as Jerry Lawler's dentist during his feud w/ Bret Hart, if not that then when he portrayed Diesel in '96.[/quote']

If you're going to take content from Wiki, then at least credit them.

Original paragraph from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glen_Jacobs

Jacobs is believed to have debuted in the WWF as the masked Black Knight at the 1993 Survivor Series, though some fans believe that the Black Knight was actually Jeff Gaylord. He later appeared as the evil dentist of Jerry Lawler, Isaac Yankem, DDS, in 1995 after Bret Hart damaged Lawler's teeth by forcing his foot into his mouth, and as Diesel in 1996, replacing the original wrestler to have portrayed the Diesel character, Kevin Nash.