Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

*** Official RAW Thread - 8th May 2006 ****

Guest MrFill

Guest Danny Styles

Raw was the best it has been for a while this week i enjoyed alot of it

unfortunately they picked the wrong town for some of the angles because the audiece sounded like it was mainly girls/ kids due to the small reactions ECW, Dreamer and the foley turn got and the cheer Cena got

the Foley turn was well done but IMO was hurt abit becuase it wasn't recieved well by the audience

the fatal four way was great and the finish was well done, it could have been botched but luckily it wasn't

the women's angle is intresting to see where they take it

wo

SO glad to have JR and King as commentators, raw sounds good again

main event was passable, i liked it because HBK was in it, hated it because Cena was init, mixed pot really, Cena really needs some psycology work because one sec he's selling a beating like he can't walk then the next his up jumping around, and at the end he got up effectively from the pedigree at the end of the show while HBK was down PROPERLY selling, Spirit Squad did well

good show in the end

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rawiswar
Do you honestly think they are going to go that far back to cover their tracks?

Four weeks ago on Raw they showed some clips of Kane during the filming of the movie, all the actors were saying how great it was to work with Kane and what a great guy he was, in fact there was mention of a big 'teddybear'. This week on Raw history has changed and all the actors hated him because he was mean and nasty and had no friends. There is no way in hell that these genius bookers remember what happened in 1997, they are Hollywood writers, who, by the looks of it, never watched wrestling until they got the job.

I know, it's honestly rediculous. These bookers and writers that The E have at the moment are what's causing all the misfortunates and crappy things in WWE right now.

I know' date=' it's honestly rediculous. These bookers and writers that The E have at the moment are what's causing all the misfortunates and crappy things in WWE right now.[/quote']

Shhhh, its Sports Entertainment so we arent allowed to critisize it seems. :roll

The DX Army is growing stronger now' date=' thanks to the internet. Was there a source for this addition to the one night only deal that needs a manager now.[/quote']

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Generation_X, that's where I found it.

The Trish section seems to be missing, in any case........

This article states:

DX is expected to be a part of Vengeance. Here's a related article:

A live pay per view event with WWE superstars and the return of De-Generation X.

(May 3, 2006) – CHARLOTTE – Charlotte Bobcats Arena will host World Wrestling Entertainment’s® (WWE) Vengeance, a live, pay-per-view event Sunday, June 25, 2006 at 7:45 p.m. with tickets on sale Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:00 a.m.

The event will feature many WWE superstars including, Charlotte's own Ric Flair, John Cena, Triple H, Shawn Micheals, Edge, Big Show, Kane, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Snitsky,"The Masterpiece" Chris Masters, Lita, Trish Stratus, Torrie Wilson, the return of De-Generation X and many more! Lineup subject to change.

Credit:

http://www.charlottebobcatsarena.com/default.asp?id=70&objId=8

Edited by TPIB

You realise that anyone can edit Wikipedia articles don't you? Which is why Trish Stratus ISN'T going to manage DX.

Guest Dutt
I did a search on Yahoo and came up with Kane's bio and the following info:

On May 19, 1998, Kane was revealed to be the result of a furtive union between The Undertaker's mother and Paul Bearer, an employee at the funeral home in Death Valley owned by The Undertaker's parents. When Kane and The Undertaker were children, The Undertaker "accidentally" burned down the funeral home, killing their parents and hideously scarring Kane both physically and mentally (the parents of The Undertaker are supposedly buried somewhere on Long Island; during an episode of RAW taped on Long Island, Kane and Bearer ostensibly exhumed their bodies and brought them to the arena). Bearer, who survived the fire, hid Kane in a mental asylum as he grew up and went on to form an alliance with The Undertaker. After suffering mistreatment at the hands of The Undertaker, Bearer opted to bring Kane in to the WWF in order to gain vengeance upon The Undertaker. (Thanks to Matthew House)

There's your answer folks.

There's your answer folks.
I see what your saying.......but there have been SEVEN May 19ths since then......so if it something from before May 19th 2005, why hasn't he reacted like this before?

Did he suddenly forget the ones before now?

Was he put to sleep watching re-runs of A-Train matches?

Did he only have a Chuck Norris calender (with all the months being Chucktober) before now, but lost it and needed to buy a new one?

Or do the writers not think before putting pen to paper?

Guest Keith Would
On the first point foley is coming back to nearly ful time so it isnt a one off apperarence. I didnt think the heel turn got the reaction it should have. It was sudden and not really well done IMO. Great to see Tommy again

The heel turn didn't get the reaction it should have? It was a heel turn on Tommy Dreamer. No matter how much the crowd might chant ECW just to be cool, most of them probably have never seen much ECW and couldn't give two hoots about Tommy Dreamer. It may have worked better in Philadelphia.

If it had been done on RVD or Michaels, say, it might have got more of a reaction.

I was just laughing and enjoying two of my favourites beating up Tommy Dreamer. The leg drop of the barbed wire onto the knackers was particularly good.

Is Carlito heel again now then? That was a pointless turn.

I enjoyed Raw, Big Show and Kane chain wrestling was great, just because it was something different and was pretty comical. Big Show rolling out of one hold was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

But what really made the show was the end. Kenny lamping Mike Chiota in the face was absolutely brilliant. That got Sky Plus replayed about 25 times, it was the best thing in wrestling since Victoria booted Lawler in the knackers as hard as possible.

Guest rawiswar
Carlito attacking Eugene does not make him a heel, fans lost interest in Eugene long ago anyway.

Actually I would love to see a Eugene heel turn, I wonder if WWE could pull that one off.

He would get rid of the act and act in heelish ways and cut one big promo on how he fooled everyone with the act, he could say like I'll do anything to get where I can get in this bussiness, I fooled everyone, hahaha.

What bad, bad idea that would be. Kill completely his old gimmick that he had for two years, make the WWE seem completely fake (well...on screen, anyway), thus destroying all interest in him, stick him with some boring normal "I am on A mission" gimmick, nobody likes it because it is boring, and he then gets sacked...

Well, when you put it like that...

Guest Dave7g

I would like to see them push the boat out with 'Eugene' in it. I don't know why they are aiming so much at children when the Kane movie is over 18's, none of the kids can see it.

Kids stuff is Eugene fueding with an evil teacher, John Cena is champion only because of the kiddies buying his crap, the spirit squad are just for kids too obviously, Vince fueding with God. Hardly mature is it. Just venting here don't get too upset please.

Guest MrFill
Could WWE get away with a mentally challanged heel? Personally I would like to see them push the boat out and see what happens.

There's an obvious "out" here for them:

Eugene comes to the ring and in a normal voice declares that he's had everybody fooled, in fact he's that smart that he even fooled Da Bisch.

Instant heel turn, and he can be as smart as he has to be, and still use the old-school moves to "taunt" the crowd.

There's an obvious "out" here for them:

Eugene comes to the ring and in a normal voice declares that he's had everybody fooled, in fact he's that smart that he even fooled Da Bisch.

Instant heel turn, and he can be as smart as he has to be, and still use the old-school moves to "taunt" the crowd.

Or have Bicshoff in on the whole thing with him, and they were just waiting for this day...

What bad' date=' bad idea that would be. Kill completely his old gimmick that he had for two years, make the WWE seem completely fake.[/quote']Think something along the lines of the 'Keyser Soze' character from 'The Usual Subjects'.***

He fooled everyone into thinking he was a simple cripple, when he was the mastermind all along.

Some random 'accidents' happen, or people are getting sneak-attacked in the back/parking-lot/locker-rooms/etc and Eugene is always there to help out or call for help or whatever.....until he either slips up or is found out.

He then cuts a promo to say how he has fooled all of you (even have Bischoff in on it from the start) and how he really is smarter than all of the fans.

We then have another main-event caliber wrestler in WWE and one less 'going-nowhere' gimmick.

***Sorry to those who haven't seen the movie yet.....but c'mon, what the hell have you been doing?

Guest Dave7g
Think something along the lines of the 'Keyser Soze' character from 'The Usual Subjects'.***

He fooled everyone into thinking he was a simple cripple, when he was the mastermind all along.

Some random 'accidents' happen, or people are getting sneak-attacked in the back/parking-lot/locker-rooms/etc and Eugene is always there to help out or call for help or whatever.....until he either slips up or is found out.

He then cuts a promo to say how he has fooled all of you (even have Bischoff in on it from the start) and how he really is smarter than all of the fans.

We then have another main-event caliber wrestler in WWE and one less 'going-nowhere' gimmick.

***Sorry to those who haven't seen the movie yet.....but c'mon, what the hell have you been doing?

This would work if Eugene had done something, and he hasn't. He's just a jobber, and a retarded jobber at that. What will it prove if he is shown as a "normal" man? That he sucks even worse as a retard? Whos gonna buyinto that? And if the Bisch was fooling anybody with this solution, he;s done a pretty crappy job.

Needs more work I think.