Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Mick Foley *potential spoilers*

Guest Jung

Guest Jung

According to Da Meltz in his WO Live Show, Mick Foley is set to turn heel soon, maybe even as early as tonight.

Thoughts?

Guest Ravenmark

Could work.

I think Foley wants to be more involved in the WWE and at the moment his bi-monthly babyface appearances are tiring.

A turn could inspire Foley who could generate a ton of heat for a feud with a Upper Mid Card babyface.

OR he could just be turning to align with Edge and eventually 'battle' the new ECW.

Very interesting times in WWE, or at least on RAW.

Guest Keith Would

How is he going to do that? Team up with Edge and beat down Cena or HHH? If anything I'd have thought that would turn Edge face.

I would have thought he is too popular to turn heel effectively.

Guest Jung

Apparantly the heel turn has a lot to do with the new ECW franchise. What exactly that means, and in what context, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I loved his ECW heel run in 1995, and as Meltzer said, he can do heel, because he has the passion to truly push people's buttons and get a reaction out of them. Could certainly be very interesting.

Guest Ravenmark

I agree with Jung.

When Foley feels passionate about something he gives it his all and can effectively turn fans against him.

Guest remi MPW
Heal Foley is the best kinda foley he can play a crowd to prefection look at his ECW headlock match's as i like to call them where he would keep doing a boring move just to pi** the fans off

Guest Scotty2Hotty
this is great news! i was watching some old ecw dvds yesterday and foley was great as a heel! he cut some amazing promos and really got some amazing fan reactions!

Guest MojoPogo
Remember the "Uncle Eric" promos? They just about got him killed. I think this is fantastic news myself, plus, it could lead to the return of Cactus Jack. And im ALL for that.

Guest horsemansmiler
I cant wait for heel foley to return it will be amazing and very interesting to see how its handled and done.

Guest Dave7g
Dave seemed pretty sure about the heel turn, and seemed to think it was going to work really well too. Foleys been stale for years now.

Guest Wolverine
How is he going to do that? Team up with Edge and beat down Cena or HHH? If anything I'd have thought that would turn Edge face.

I would have thought he is too popular to turn heel effectively.

Exactly. I'm not quite sure how Foley is going to turn the majority of the audience against him. Unless of course, he proclaims John Cena as the true hardcore legend and the greatest wrestler in the whole world.

Seriously though, if Foley just does a normal heel turn, it isn't going to work that well. He needs to do something special for this to be effective.

Guest Kanenite
Definately something to do with the new ECW Storyline. Seeing as they're meant to be a heel promotion it would tie in well. But Foley as Heel is hard to imagine for me, seeing as he has pretty much been face throughout his WWE career minus the Mankind WWF Heel around '96 but still Foley is a different character to Mankind in a way :?

Guest Ravenmark
Definately something to do with the new ECW Storyline. Seeing as they're meant to be a heel promotion it would tie in well. But Foley as Heel is hard to imagine for me' date=' seeing as he has pretty much been face throughout his WWE career minus the Mankind WWF Heel around '96 but still Foley is a different character to Mankind in a way :?[/quote']

Foley was heel in 1998 as Dude Love.

The fact that we haven't seen the 'best' heel side of Foley in the WWE is only a good thing- it will be fresh and different.

Guest Kanenite
Foley was heel in 1998 as Dude Love.

The fact that we haven't seen the 'best' heel side of Foley in the WWE is only a good thing- it will be fresh and different.

That's very true I only thought about Foley's heel runs quick so excuse me :xyx

It could be a really good turn but I still can't help and think that he'll get quite a few cheers unless they turn him well.

Guest Ravenmark

I think Foley's turn will be a complete success. The fact that he requested it shows he is fully behind it and thought about it already.

He's generally allowed a free reign when it comes to promos (because he's the best interview in last 10 years if you ask me) and he's so intense as a heel; so intense as Cactus Jack.

The other thing that will help is that Foley isn't a 'cool' heel ala Carlito, Cena when he first started, The Rock circa 1999 and Triple H - he won't play to the crowd and will do everything to turn them against him.

Guest Danny Styles

I just wonder who he will turn heel on??

Edge the heel?

Cena the face who can't get any cheers from fans above the age of seven and with balls, who is booed out of almost every building

or HHH, the guy who whilst being cheered is still technically a heel??

there is no-one for him to turn on and with Raw's only real face HBK being in a feud with Vince it's looking unlikely it will be him

i laugh at this because it does show how messed up Raw's main event scene is when it comes to heel and face

I just wonder who he will turn heel on??

Edge the heel?

Cena the face who can't get any cheers from fans above the age of seven and with balls, who is booed out of almost every building

or HHH, the guy who whilst being cheered is still technically a heel??

there is no-one for him to turn on and with Raw's only real face HBK being in a feud with Vince it's looking unlikely it will be him

i laugh at this because it does show how messed up Raw's main event scene is when it comes to heel and face

The Rock? :eek

he could return....i can wish :D

Guest Ravenmark

I don't think Foley needs to turn 'on' anybody.

All a heel needs is a reason - not a friend to turn on.