Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Nintendo

Nintendo DS Question(s)!

Guest Inno

Okay... here's the big question I have. Well, at least 2.

1. Charging. If I buy one while I'm on my hols, will I be able to charge it up here? I presume that if it's bought abroad it'll be with a 2 pin plug, and I'll need to buy a proper charger when I get back, but it won't blow up or anything silly like that?

2. Online - how the hell do you get online with them, can I use the connection I have for the PC?

ta peeps!

Guest MrFill

1. Buy a UK charger (about £10-15) and yes, definitely.

2. As long as you have Wireless, it's fairly easy. I can either post instructions here or PM/MSN you about it.

Guest Slim Jim

You can just get a cheaper adapter that you plug your two pin dongle into, which then goes into your 3 pin hole.

I use the Japan > UK one that Liksang sent me for my PSP, it works so I don't complain.

Guest MrFill
I can't remember if the international DS adaptors are multi-voltage - if it's 110/220V then all you need is one of the size adaptors which can be purchased anywhere for a few quid.

Guest Popsi
I don't have wireless. Got bluetooth on the PC if that helps ;)

He doesnt have wireless.

I still dont get the DS appeal, maybe becuase its Nintendo and i've never been a big fan but the DS has never tempted me.

Guest MrFill

The appeal of the DS is the unique style of some of the games.

With Nintendogs you play with virtual dogs, rubbing their tummies, playing catch and teaching them through voice commands.

With Under The Knife you're a surgeon, and you actually "perform" the operations.

With Yoshi you draw lines and shapes to direct him.

Not to mention the updated classic Nintendo games like Mario, and things like Sonic where you can change screens.

Oh and Mario Kart ROCKS. :D