Fan Clubs (beta)

Nintendo Wii

Guest TNA TNA TNA

The Wii will have a online virtual console, allowing you to play NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, SEGA and some other console I forget the name of on your Wii.

PC Engine, I think.

I need to wait until I've bought all my furniture but I've already mentally budgeted the money for this bad boy. :)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MojoPogo
And that it will play No Mercy. Which in terms of wrestling games is apparently....."*** sex", to coin a phrase. Me? I want Zelda, Twilight Princess. That will be hotter than Scarlett Johansen in the buff on a barbeque.....

Guest May 19th

If your going to jump around playing sports games on your computer then why don't you just do it properly , with a proper racket on a court or sumthing

how ridiculous

One of things i love most about my computer is playing it when i cant be bothered to do anything

If your going to jump around playing sports games on your computer then why don't you just do it properly , with a proper racket on a court or sumthing

If you're going to play chess, then why not do it on a board.

If you're going to play Sudoku, then why not do it on a piece of paper.

If you're going to watch football, then why not go to the ground rather than on TV.

Surprisingly, not everybody owns a racket, and it's also easier to put a game in and play for 5 minutes rather than spending 20 minutes getting to the courts, play for 5 minutes and then 20 minutes back.

Guest HH-Evolution

I love the concept - I'd rather check it out for myself than claim it's 'Ridiculous' before picking up a wiimote and seeing for myself.

I'm getting one, as I have TOTAL confidence in the console - and by now, people should learn to approach this whole thing with an open mind at this point...

Judging it by what you see alone is no good - The proof is in the Pudding, and playing the final product is the ONLY true test that will prove the doubters wrong.

Guest May 19th
If you're going to play chess, then why not do it on a board.

If you're going to play Sudoku, then why not do it on a piece of paper.

Yeah i do

Guest Thirteen
I was about to pre-order then I watched some of those videos and I realised that I don't have the room in my bedroom to jump up and down like a loon, so I guess I'm going to be real limited.:lol

Yeah i do

Check-and-mate, eh?

What a truly spectacular retort, not to mention you've backed up your arguement really well. You definately are a master debator. :xyx

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Clarkey

Western Virtual Console line up:

Nintendo says that American gamers will have the choice of around 30 Virtual Console titles for platforms like the Super Nintendo before the end of 2006, and has confirmed its own line-ups. Headliners include the likes of Super Mario 64 (N64) and F-Zero (SNES).

Meanwhile, SEGA and Hudson have issued separate releases confirming their plans and pricing for Virtual Console, with Sonic The Hedgehog and Bomberman '93 noteworthy contributions to their respective line-ups. (It's also worth noting that Hudson said it aims to put out over 40 titles in North America and Europe, and more than 60 in Japan, over the next 12 months.)

Nintendo has previously said that NES games sold through its digital distribution service will cost 500 Wii Points, while SNES games will go for 800 and N64 titles will cost 1000. Today SEGA added that Megadrive titles would start at 800 points, and Hudson said prices for TurboGrafx-16 would begin at 600 points. On this continent, 2000 Wii Points will cost you EUR 20 or GBP 14, Nintendo said in September.

Advertisement

Read on for full lists of titles due out by the end of December.

NES

* Baseball

* Donkey Kong

* Donkey Kong Jr.

* Ice Hockey

* The Legend of Zelda

* Pinball

* Soccer

* Solomon's Key

* Super Mario Bros.

* Tennis

* Urban Champion

* Wario's Woods

Super NES

* F-Zero

* SimCity

* Nintendo 64

* Super Mario 64

SEGA Megadrive

* Altered Beast

* Columns

* Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

* Ecco the Dolphin

* Golden Axe

* Gunstar Heroes

* Ristar

* Sonic The Hedgehog

* Space Harrier II

* ToeJam & Earl

TurboGrafx-16

* Bomberman '93

* Bonk's Adventure

* Dungeon Explorer

* Super Star Soldier

* Victory Run

Japanese line up (they are getting the Western line up and these on top):

NES

* Five-in-a-Row (Go-moku Narabe)

* Gradius

* Legend of Kage

* Ninja Jajamaru-kun

* Xevious

Super NES

* Contra III

* Donkey Kong Country

* Fire Emblem: Monsho no Nazo

* The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past

* R-Type III

* Street Fighter II

* Super Castlevania IV

* Super Mario Picross

* Super Mario World

Megadrive

* Shadow Dancer

TurboGrafx-16

* Adventure Island

* Bomberman '94

* Necromancer

Games will cost (for us UK peeps) £3.50 for NES games, £5.60 for SNES/Megadrive games and £7 for N64.

The Japanese were always bound to get the better line up and we have some glaring omissions on ours, but that was always a given so it doesn't really bother me in the slightest. Alot of people are complaining about the prices which will seem really expensive if you buy a few games; for example taking the Sonic games for example £5.60 for each one, if you bought them all it would cost you a lot more than the Sonic Compilations Sega already released on the GC. (Or if you already have your Genesis out like myself it would seem pointless!)

BUT,the simple fact that people are talking about how they want these games means they still have significant value. Nintendo's not going to give them away; if you're going to spend the time you could be playing the latest full-price Nintendo release dabbling in retro games, they want to make sure they make money out of it. That's business. Plus no one with half a brain would ever let loose all or a large chunk of their back catalogue on Day 1, meaning too much choice and nothing to follow up with.

So basically, I'm as excited as I was before, if not more. :thumbsup

Guest Daredevil
I can't wait for the new Nintendo console coming out its going to be awesome. I love their features that is so next gen in my view and it has great launch titles like Zelda and so on. The controls looks brilliant I've never seen anything like it. I'm thinking of getting it after Christmas because I can't afford right now. I just can't wait for this to come it looks like the XBox has competition on its hands in my opinion.:thumbsup

Guest Anime Otaku
Trust me, it was horrendous!

can't wait for this console, looks superb already!

You played the Wii version? I enjoyed the PC version, the various spin offs were bad though like Sim Tower.

Guest Anime Otaku
That makes more sense :D Just a pity it probably won't be altered to work with the wiimote then it'd be excellent just pointing where you want to put down pieces.

Guest Clarkey

The new South Park about the Nintendo Wii doing the rounds on the Internet is good hilarious stuff (if you are a South Park fan anyways). It's certainly been becoming geeky over the last year; I loved those episodes about the PSP and WOW.

Have a gander about its not hard to find.

I'm thinking about getting one of these, could someone tell me how the internet thing will work?

Will I have to pay an extra subscription fee or something?