Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  36 members  ·  Free

Xbox

Oblivion Xbox 360

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster

I can't find out how many gates you have to close in Oblivion, I read there where 19 or something but I closed alot more than that.

Can anyone let me know exactly how many there are.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dave7g
There's no set number really, just finish the main quest and they should close for you. There's about 22 at least anyway but that's a guess.

Guest The Beltster
There's no set number really, just finish the main quest and they should close for you. There's about 22 at least anyway but that's a guess.

Thanks alot I just read the same elsewhere.What is the main quest?

Guest Anime Otaku
Thats the quest you go on starting with taking the Amulet of Kings to Jauffre, the journal tells you what part of the main quest you are on along with any other quests you have started.

Guest The Beltster

Yeah man its an awesome game. I've had it since release, played it for weeks here and there, and then kinda left it alone until these past few days and I've gotten right into it again.

I hate closing the Oblivion Gates though as those levels are so drab, the main quest is sweet and I'm sure I'm pretty close to finishing it up, just in time to download the expansion Shivering Isles from Live Marketplace! :thumbsup

Guest The Beltster
Knights of the Nine is good, dunno when Shivering Isles comes out though.
Its supposed to be sometime this month. I dread to think how much it will cost and how big the file it though, its apparently a third the size of Oblivion so download will likely take forever. Havent played Knights of the Nine yet.

Guest Anime Otaku

It's completely different to FF really, it's plays a bit like a FPS with the RPG stats for things like magic and what arms and armour is available to you. It's based on a Medieval style of architecture and technology (No firearms) but as well as bandits and knights you also fight Wizards and demons called Daedra. There are about 6 different major quest lines in the game including the main story plus a bunch of one off or short (2 or 3 missions) quests. My personal favourites are the Fighters guild and the Gladiatorial Arena, but there is also a Mages guild, a thieves guild and the Dark Brother hood which is an assassins guild.

A little tip if you use a Magic based character and have access to the Arcane University. If you make an offensive spell getting say 50 damage for 1 second costs alot, but you can get the same effect far cheaper if you make it 10 damage for 5 seconds.

Edited by Anime Otaku

Guest The Beltster

I finished the Fighters Guild, Thieves Guild. Dark Brotherhood etc, not sure if I finished the Mages Guild yet.

Two things that I hated about the game:

1. Having to find Nirn Root, LOADS of Nirn Root. Took ages.

2. Having to find empty Grand Soul Gems to get cured of vamipirism, I still havent got them!

Would it be up there with the FF series Belty??
Hmmmm....tough question. I REALLY like the FF series, probably more than I do Oblivion, but it is a completely different game really. Kinda like trying to compare a WWE game to an NBA game you know?

Both are good for different reasons, you wont be disappointed with Oblivion IMO.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest Anime Otaku
Download the Vile Lair if you can, that has a bit to instantly cure Vampirism. Also nose about in the Mages Guild halls and the A.U. They might be there, I think Game FAQs has a guide.

Guest The Beltster
Download the Vile Lair if you can, that has a bit to instantly cure Vampirism
Oh really? Nice. Being a vamp has started to severely grind on my nerves. :xyx

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this in the post today,and im after playing it for an hour or so.

It's look like a great RPG mixed with FPS,me thinks im going to enjoy this alot.

Might need a few tips from you Belty though:lol