Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

ECW Discussion Thread - 5th June 2007

Guest FreeSpirit

No, I'm not getting them confused. His work in 3PW, especially when he was part of Joey Matthews' group, was great IMO. I'm not saying you have to like him, but I do.

I can understand why he doesn't stand out in the "E", but that is something a lot of the talent has because they all have to work to a certain criteria.

Never gonna happen, not while The Honky Tonk Man is still breathing air.

Or even when he ain't breathing air :lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence was deafening during the Kevin Thorn/Stevie Richards match. I wasn't expecting them to provoke a massive reaction or anything, but the silence was so pure I actually felt embarrassed for Thorn and Richards.

I haven't heard such a poor crowd reaction during a match for a long, long time.

It was undeserved as well, in my opinion, as they put on a better match than I was expecting.

Still, better than "This is boring" ad nauseam

Guest Adam Gill
Still, better than "This is boring" ad nauseam

I suppose. Actually whilst we are on the subject, what was up with the crowd during ECW?

Fair enough it wasn't a fantastic show but it was decent enough. The "boring" chants during the New Breed/Major Brothers match was uncalled for as well, it was a solid effort from all four guys, and far from boring - in my opinion.

But, they paid their money so they can say what they want . . .

Guest Adam Gill
They've had to sit through SmackDown already and a Lashley.

Slim, wash your mouth out with soap right now boy!

You DO NOT simply "sit through SmackDown", you enjoy and take in all of its awesomeness~!

Guest Jimmy Redman

Its dropped off the past couple of weeks, but still a valid point.

Speaking of things you must savour the enjoyment of. The Pounce.

Guest PowerPlay

For the first time in a while, I watched ECW and I found the show, correct. Bobby Lashley vs Sandman, Dreamer and Balls was not that bad as a match, but in the storylines it kind of makes me think that Lashley's got nothing to do in ECW. He can beat anybody he wants, anywhere he wants. He beats three Originals in a match where they can use weapons and he beats them very easily, so he's pretty much unstoppable. I could bet that if it continues in this way, he'll get booed in sometime.

I like Kevin Thorn, but they should change is character a bit. They should call him a fan of gothic or something like that instead of a vampyre. Anyway, in the ring, he's got great skills for a big man and he could be a great mid-carder instead of having some sort of squash match with no story in the middle of a 1 hour weekly show.

Major Brothers, I was impressed. They've got great chemistry together and I think that they could become the next future tag champs in WWE.

CM Punk/Stryker, was a bit slow but enjoyable anyway. Punk sold well the fact that his back was damaged, but nothing special in the match.

6.5/10.

Guest SuperKick Kid

What in God's name is going on?

Lashley squashed all three Originals.

Vince continues to try and get himself over at the expense of wasting TV time of him just sitting there in a rocking chair.

What's up wit dat?

Rest of the show was good IMO, except for Extreme Expose'

Burke and Punk are keeping ECW afloat.