Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Improving ECW

Joey Asbo

Just an idea i came up with during a bit of a debate i had about the draft. I had the idea to draft the cruiser title over to ECW to boost the brand and the title.

Just wondering if anyone else had any other thoughts on how they would like to see things changed in ECW for the better..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cathal
Well seen as it is called Extreme Championship Wrestling a few more extreme rules matches might help.

I also liked ECW better without the flashy entrance, the ECW printed canvas and with the show shot from the different angle - from the entrance ramp side. i just think the little things helped establish the show as something different

Guest Jack

I'm interested to know why people dislike Punk. Considering how popular he was, what, 6 months ago, it seems strange that people really dislike him, when he hasn't done anything wrong.

I know wrestling forums always have bandwagons (Cena hate, Punk love, Henry love etc.), so I'm guessing this is the same. Some people will always dislike certain wrestlers (I know DraVen seems to have always disliked Punk), but the rest? I don't know. I certainly don't think Punk has done anything to warrant going from everyones favourite wrestler, to literally hated.

Why do people dislike him? I don't think he is close to being as good as he was in ROH, but he certainly isn't bad. He always delivers a decent match at least.

Guest dpddave
I think a lot of people say they dont like him to be percieved as different and not going with the popular opinion....

Guest MastersGonads

The title of this thread has been debated many a time...

Make the main event each week an Extreme Rules match would be a great start

I think a lot of people say they dont like him to be percieved as different and not going with the popular opinion....
But the more people who follow that lead will mean that it will become the popular opinion.

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Vince McMahon's created ECW in his WWE image and I've heard the land of extreme gets better ratings every week than TNA's Impact (also it makes a profit unlike the original promotion and TNA) so it can't all be bad can it?

Joey Asbo's idea to draft the cruiserweight title to ECW is a very good one because I feel that the ability of any cruiser not called Rey Mysterio is constantly overlooked by your average WWE fan,putting talent such as Chavo or Jamie Noble on Sci-Fi and debuting them in a city with a rabid ECW following would instantly get them over as forces to be reckoned with (Ala Punk debuting in Hammerstein where the fans actually roared with approval at how good he is in the ring and would not give monster reactions to duds like Batista).

Also give the show 2 hours to play with so angles won't be rushed.(this sounds like an Improving TNA thread :lol)

Guest MastersGonads
I used to think giving ECW 2 hours would be a great way to improve it, but my opinion has changed. Its not time the show needs, its quality of matches within its current hour, it could be a great 1 hour show if that was considered

If they had the time, a 'From the Vault' segment featuring classic matches from the original run would be a nice addition. I need to agree with MG though, there has to be at least on Extreme Rules match per show and the ECW Title should be under these conditions at all times.

Not wasting the talent they have/had would have been a start as well. Balls Mahoney, FBI, CW Anderson, Stevie Richards, Justin Credible and Sandman should have been used better than they are/were.

And splashing the cash for Enter Sandman rather than the Diva Search wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Guest MastersGonads
If they had the time, a 'From the Vault' segment featuring classic matches from the original run would be a nice addition.

Nemesis Enforcer would go Apaletic!

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Some of the people he has worked with have said he is the least talented wrestler they've ever worked with but in my opinion The Sandman does have talent and if you're familiar with his past you'll know he is very good at selling an angle and getting people behind him which is why I think he should be in the main event club of ECW.

The guy was downing cold beers and smoking whilst Steve Austin was pretending to be Ted Dibiase and if an Original was being pushed to the moon it might attract some of the old ECW followers (so long as Sandman is given the freedom to do his own promos,drink,smoke and is given Enter Sandman as his theme again plus entrance through crowd).

I know he is not a great wrestler but as you all know wrestling is about more than ability in the ring and I feel that Sandy would have far more credibility than Lashley in the main event scene.

I think they should have originals fueding with each other, these fueds would give the true ECW fans at least something to watch. An Extreme rules Dreamer vs Sandman program i could get into.

Also i would bring Mike Bucci back in as Nova team him with Stevie in the bWo, and possible bring in Axl Rotten and team him with Balls in the chair swinging freaks. That could be another fued.

I would also sign a few more ECW originals - Kid Kash according to power slam left on good terms and would come back. having Kid Kash, Super Crazy, Guido along with guys like CM Punk, Striker you could get some good matches. Giving them a title gives them something to fight over too which is why i keep saying about the cruiser title. i just dont think WWE needs to introduce a new title when theres a perfectly good one there, not getting utilised

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Nemesis Enforcer would go Apaletic!

I already am at the mere thought of it :P

As, has been said already, more extream rules matches would make it a better show, as it is its just Raw without the big names so give it a different flavour

Unfortunatly with Smackdown taped alongside it I doubt they will go extream with it since Smacdown attracts alot of family's with kids in the audiance I don't think WWE will subject them to the hardcore things of old ECW and while ECW is only an hour it won't be taped alone where it can play up to a more adult audiance

ECW is only an hour it won't be taped alone where it can play up to a more adult audiance
They should follow the TNA mould (which was also, in a way, the old RAW mould) of having one show live and then taping the following two weeks worth of shows in one day. That way they can afford to run ECW on it's own.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Well, so far ECW is doing pretty good.

Looks like the Snitsky push has ended, which is a blessing.

Extreme Expose needs to go Bye Bye

and Lashley shouldnt be ECW Champ or on ECW.