Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Improving ECW

Joey Asbo

Guest DarkMatchJobber

Some of the people he has worked with have said he is the least talented wrestler they've ever worked with but in my opinion The Sandman does have talent and if you're familiar with his past you'll know he is very good at selling an angle and getting people behind him which is why I think he should be in the main event club of ECW.

The guy was downing cold beers and smoking whilst Steve Austin was pretending to be Ted Dibiase and if an Original was being pushed to the moon it might attract some of the old ECW followers (so long as Sandman is given the freedom to do his own promos,drink,smoke and is given Enter Sandman as his theme again plus entrance through crowd).

I know he is not a great wrestler but as you all know wrestling is about more than ability in the ring and I feel that Sandy would have far more credibility than Lashley in the main event scene.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should have originals fueding with each other, these fueds would give the true ECW fans at least something to watch. An Extreme rules Dreamer vs Sandman program i could get into.

Also i would bring Mike Bucci back in as Nova team him with Stevie in the bWo, and possible bring in Axl Rotten and team him with Balls in the chair swinging freaks. That could be another fued.

I would also sign a few more ECW originals - Kid Kash according to power slam left on good terms and would come back. having Kid Kash, Super Crazy, Guido along with guys like CM Punk, Striker you could get some good matches. Giving them a title gives them something to fight over too which is why i keep saying about the cruiser title. i just dont think WWE needs to introduce a new title when theres a perfectly good one there, not getting utilised

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Nemesis Enforcer would go Apaletic!

I already am at the mere thought of it :P

As, has been said already, more extream rules matches would make it a better show, as it is its just Raw without the big names so give it a different flavour

Unfortunatly with Smackdown taped alongside it I doubt they will go extream with it since Smacdown attracts alot of family's with kids in the audiance I don't think WWE will subject them to the hardcore things of old ECW and while ECW is only an hour it won't be taped alone where it can play up to a more adult audiance

ECW is only an hour it won't be taped alone where it can play up to a more adult audiance
They should follow the TNA mould (which was also, in a way, the old RAW mould) of having one show live and then taping the following two weeks worth of shows in one day. That way they can afford to run ECW on it's own.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Well, so far ECW is doing pretty good.

Looks like the Snitsky push has ended, which is a blessing.

Extreme Expose needs to go Bye Bye

and Lashley shouldnt be ECW Champ or on ECW.

I also think that if ECW was to be taped on its own then it would be better recieved in arena's such as the Hammerstein Ballroom, Elks Lodge, smaller arenas where the fans react better to the style of ECW

Guest Marshall Mac D
Well one thing wwe shoudn't sign any more former ecw original's as it just not the same as the old one. the new ecw is good in a wwe style of way lashley has been on raw so many time's he must be traded over to raw as well the ecw champ has been wrestling on raw mostly. but i give ecw the thumbs up

i think if WWE are going to keep ECW the way it is then they may aswell change its name. they could call it Extreme TV or something and change the title from the ECW title to the WWE extreme title

Guest Dave7g
I also think that if ECW was to be taped on its own then it would be better recieved in arena's such as the Hammerstein Ballroom, Elks Lodge, smaller arenas where the fans react better to the style of ECW

I doubt Lashley, Snitsky, Kevin Thorne, Striker or the EXTREME~ waste of time would be recieved well in Hammerstein. Isn't that the reason they moved ONS away from it, for fear of embarrassment? Remember the ECW show that Punk debuted? Batista and Big Show were almost in tears at the abuse the crowd gave them.

Guest MastersGonads

Unfortunatly with Smackdown taped alongside it I doubt they will go extream with it since Smacdown attracts alot of family's with kids in the audiance I don't think WWE will subject them to the hardcore things of old ECW and while ECW is only an hour it won't be taped alone where it can play up to a more adult audiance

To be fair...your pretty much bang on the money of the managements feelings towards ECW programming....

Edited by MastersGonads

Guest Marshall Mac D
i think if WWE are going to keep ECW the way it is then they may aswell change its name. they could call it Extreme TV or something and change the title from the ECW title to the WWE extreme title

Well wwe woudn't change the name because they would lose out merchandise money profit by going through a complete make over. for now they should at least have every week main event no dq but thats the way ecw is now wwe style.

Guest Chriscare

Improve in what way?

I mean if it wants better matches, then get rid of Lashley and Mcmahon, but then it's gonna lose ratings.

The only possible way to improve ECW in all areas is to move it from where it is currently, the Sci-fi channel. Peopleexpect it to be the 3rd equal brand of WWE, but it's not, the other 2 brands gets 2 hours shows on big networks. So for what ECW is, i'd say it's doing very well already.

Personally i've no desire to watch it in the same way i had no desire to watch velocity or heat. Essentially thats what it is, a B show that WWE have managed to get good ratings on and still keep its star over by making him appear on Raw now and again too. Putting the belt on anyone else wouldn't make any sense, he's way more over than the rest, he can walk onto another show and cheered, but from what i heard, Canada didn't even have a clue who half the guys on it were, and i'd guess this is the same from the majority of the WWE audience looking at ECW ratings.

I'd say it needs to keep doing what it's doing, keeping up with the cross brand feuds to keep people in the awareness of the majority, so when they do come to across to the big leagues (raw and smackdown) they don't have to start off at the bottom.