Fan Clubs (beta)

Racism? [Split from Big Brother 8 Thread]

Kam

Guest The Beltster
But racial persecution and abuse still takes place especially in large parts of America where some parts for both Black and White people are no go areas

Look at Mugabe in Zimbabwe, look at Darfur, Look at the Paris race riots look at the increasingly popularity of the BNP, however much you try and dismiss it racism is still there and the word Nigger and all its historical connotations which are still apparent today is an offensive and derogotary term towards Black people, as highlighted by G2G in this thread
I'm sure it does take place in the US, OF COURSE it does, as it does in London where there are no-go areas for whites that the Asians have 'taken over'. I'm not blind to the fact that racist is rampant all over the world and anybody who is only need open their eyes. Dont get me wrong here, I'm not condoning it, I'm simply saying it doesnt bother me when people use the word PERSONALLY as it wouldnt if somebody called me a cracker or a honky. I put those terms in the same class as other personal insults, no better, no worse.

How about religous persecution? Should we forget the Holocaust occured? Put it down as another Historical connotation, that we should be moved on from, in a world where Iran threatens to blow up Israel on a near daily basis?
I never said forget anything, you never want or need to forget, but you DO need to move on, because if you dont move on you are stagnant, and you sit in your own pile of sh*t for years on end, and this is what has happened with the use of the word nigger. People need to move on, get over what happened years ago and move forward. Never forget, but never dwell.

Iran threatens to blow up Israel, no doubt. Just as so and so threatens to blow up whats his name etc. That will never end, but the word nigger, paki, wop or anything else isnt going to help it if it stopped. Its just another in a long line of derogatory words used to pick at a certain part of a persons being, culture or personality, nothing more. Because it has historical signifigance shouldnt make people think its any worse than somebody calling somebody else a fat b*stard.

Look, I've heard of people hanging themselves due to being bullied at school because of their weight, so how is that any less damaging than somebody calling somebody else a Spic? Its not. You talk about historical connotations and signifigance, I'm sure people in the 1930's were calling other people fat aswell. Sure, there is a difference, fat people werent slaves because they were fat, but thats only because they couldnt work as fast as the athletic blacks! (That was a joke, before your head explodes;))

The word Nigger or Negro is as much a derogotary term as it was in the 50' and 60's if it wasnt, why the furore in the first place, its not because of political correctness, its because the use and meaning of the word is still highly discriminating against someone because of their race....
The reasons its seen as much is because black people have clung onto it for dear life as a reason why whites are such gits. Look, black people arent slaves anymore, the worst is over in regards to that, so why sorry about a word that was used as an insult decades ago? You dont hear Indians moaning about the Paki term, whites about the cracker term etc nearly as much as you do the blacks about the word nigger. Why? Is being called that THAT much worse than calling ANY other race a racial slur? Why is it if somebody says "Look at that cracker!" or somebody says "I'm ordering a chinky to dinner!" when they get a Chinese take out, nobody really bats an eyelid, yet when somebody DARES say "Nigger!" the world comes to a screetching halt and all hell breaks loose? Its rediculous.

As I said before To simply forget the past and move on is giving power to Le Pen, Mugabe and Ahmadinejad to continue to promote their racist idealism
I disagree. Moving onwards and upwards is what everybodies goal in life should be, and to dwell on something and sit in your own putrid pile of muck worrying about it is not.

Like I said, you dont have to forget, you done even have to forgive, but you shouldnt dwell, EVER. Thats when you get twisted and bitter.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain with a little substance for once instead of typing some 2-line arrogant remark.

do you need a ladder to get off that high horse of yours?

because i would find it highly amusing if you fell from said horse and broke both your legs on impact

Guest The Beltster
Well, other than the inane ranting for some reason whenever I read your views on rascism, or PC or much of the same, I am reminded of Alf Garnett (think it was him) and other comedians / characters from the 70's. Right now for some reason I can see you dusting off the Black & White Minstrel Show DVD to remind yourself of the good old days when everyone hated anything different.

Arrogant and long enough for you or shall I warble on for another few paragraphs to get the same message across?

I'm curious, who are you to say its "inane ranting" simply because it might not agree with your line of thought? Isnt that the same thing as being a racist? You labelled me and my throughts because you disagree with them, much the same way people label other races because they dont agree with their ways, thoughts or skin colour. Funny when you break it down and strip it right down to the bare bones, isnt it? And I didnt realise your opinion meant more than anybody elses, maybe I should fall in line with you and your correct opinion and not have one of my own, one that doesnt resemble your own? You REALLY do think you are a class above other people, dont you?

Incase you missed it Mr. Ignorance, I'm not a racist whatsoever. I have friends of all creeds and colours who I dont class as blacks, white, Indians, Asians or anything other than friends, so your rediculous comparison to Alf Garnett is without merit, like most of the nonsense you spew which isnt about Cricket.

And please, feel free to warble on as long as you like, you have been doing it for years, why stop now?

Edited by The Beltster

Guest MastersGonads
I'm sure it does take place in the US, OF COURSE it does, as it does in London where there are no-go areas for whites that the Asians have 'taken over'. I'm not blind to the fact that racist is rampant all over the world and anybody who is only need open their eyes. Dont get me wrong here, I'm not condoning it, I'm simply saying it doesnt bother me when people use the word PERSONALLY as it wouldnt if somebody called me a cracker or a honky. I put those terms in the same class as other personal insults, no better, no worse.

So if your not condoning racism, you can see how Black people could be fully justified in being offended by being called a Nigger?

Incase you missed it Mr. Ignorance, I'm not a racist whatsoever. I have friends of all creeds and colours who I dont class as blacks, white, Indians, Asians or anything other than friends

Plus you never answered my question, do you refer face to face to you Black and Indian friends as Niggers or Paki's?

Isnt that the same thing as being a racist? You labelled me and my throughts because you disagree with them, much the same way people label other races because they dont agree with their ways, thoughts or skin colour. Funny when you break it down and strip it right down to the bare bones, isnt it?

Not really, Can you really not see there is a difference between Opinion and skin colour....?

And I didnt realise your opinion meant more than anybody elses, maybe I should fall in line with you and your correct opinion and not have one of my own, one that doesnt resemble your own?

Horrible being persecuted against.....isnt it!?

But as you said...lets not dwell

Like I said, you dont have to forget, you done even have to forgive, but you shouldnt dwell, EVER. Thats when you get twisted and bitter.

Its a bit hard when as a race you have been persecuted against for 100 years, just for the colour of your skin....Maybe, just maybe thats why the 'N' word is so senstive...

Edited by MastersGonads

Can we knock this on the head now. Beltmark thinks it's not that bad a thing, MG thinks it is. Neither of you are going to change the other's mindset, so let it drop and then we can all start insulting Polish people.

Guest A.C.
Come on black people, get over it!

is all I can take from your posts Belty. Just because a white chap like yourself thinks something doesn't make it so. That's sort what caused the problem in the first place...

I'm simply saying it doesnt bother me when people use the word PERSONALLY as it wouldnt if somebody called me a cracker or a honky. .

I have a chinese friend who calls himself Honky, he bloody loves it! i think he just wanted to fit in with us other generic whites when we were in school - he even got it printed on his footy shirt!!

Guest Reno
What i dont get is how comes Charley dosent get kicked out for saying Ni**er as well?!

I'm glad someone else picked this up too. I mentioned it to my sister during the show. It's pretty "racist" how only the white person got punished. And I'm sure Charley used it alot more during/after that convo than Emily.

Guest The Beltster
So if your not condoning racism, you can see how Black people could be fully justified in being offended by being called a Nigger?
Of course I can, I never said they shouldnt be insulted, I said that I dont think the word nigger is any more insulting than being called a *****, cracker, tw*t or anything else. Thats not to say I dont understand why people consider it such a taboo, but that doesnt change anything.

Plus you never answered my question, do you refer face to face to you Black and Indian friends as Niggers or Paki's?
No, I dont. I also dont refer to them as black people or Indians, or crackers, caucasions or whites for that matter. They have names, I refer to them by such. Your point isnt really strong here. Because I dont find the term nigger insulting, doesnt mean I go around calling black people niggers. If a person gets on my nerves, white, black, Indian or Asian, I'll call him a prat, skin colour doesnt occur to me, because regardless of what some people here MIGHT think, I dont see people down to the colour of their skin.

Not really, Can you really not see there is a difference between Opinion and skin colour....?
I think you are missing my point.

Horrible being persecuted against.....isnt it!?

But as you said...lets not dwell

Having a different opinion is on the level of persecution? Maybe now I'm missing your point.

Its a bit hard when as a race you have been persecuted against for 100 years, just for the colour of your skin....Maybe, just maybe thats why the 'N' word is so senstive...
So you just drag the harsh feelings out for the rest of eternity and continue to concern yourself with that what happened decades ago? Thats counter-productive and will induce hate mongering.

Can we knock this on the head now. Beltmark thinks it's not that bad a thing, MG thinks it is. Neither of you are going to change the other's mindset, so let it drop and then we can all start insulting Polish people.
Probably a good idea.

is all I can take from your posts Belty. Just because a white chap like yourself thinks something doesn't make it so. That's sort what caused the problem in the first place...
Then either you havent grabbed the gist of my posts or I havent done a very good job of explaining my stance.

I'm not saying black people should get over it, just as I dont think fat people should accept being insulted due to their weight. My point is, I PERSONALLY dont see the difference in insults whether they be about race, height, weight, zits, hair colour, odor etc. An insult is an insult. Thats not to say I dont see how they are promoted as one being worse than the other, but I dont take one insult any more personal than the next. I'm not trying to get anybody to see it my way or agree, I'm simply sharing my views. Its a shame some people (and I'm not talking about you) have to become insulting and petty and resort to name calling and labelling in a thread where they are trying to say name calling and labelling people is wrong. There is some irony there.

Guest MastersGonads
so let it drop and then we can all start insulting Polish people.

Leave Mr Sheen alone.....

Guest yoyo
I'm actually a little confused on Good2Go's opinion on this. Good2Go, are you saying that you only take offense to the word when it is said in a way that is truly offensive (like, Screw you n*gga) or are you saying it is offensive no matter who says it or how it's said?

Guest MastersGonads
Of course I can, I never said they shouldnt be insulted, I said that I dont think the word nigger is any more insulting than being called a *****, cracker, tw*t or anything else. Thats not to say I dont understand why people consider it such a taboo, but that doesnt change anything.

I see, and agree to some extents...my only point was if you were to say the following statements in front of a Police Officer, which one would you be charged for

a.) Bob you fat ****

b.) Bob you ****ing Nigger

Having a different opinion is on the level of persecution? Maybe now I'm missing your point.

I was just highlighting that most of 1950's America's opinion of Black people was what lead to such persecution.....

So you just drag the harsh feelings out for the rest of eternity and continue to concern yourself with that what happened decades ago? Thats counter-productive and will induce hate mongering

No...I was just reinforcing the point, why after all this time the 'N' Word...is still seen as derogotary by most Black People....

Probably a good idea.

I agree....

Guest Al Stevens
I'm actually a little confused on Good2Go's opinion on this. Good2Go, are you saying that you only take offense to the word when it is said in a way that is truly offensive (like, Screw you n*gga) or are you saying it is offensive no matter who says it or how it's said?

With Good2Go i think because he has had it said to him loads of times regardless the meaning (even if it's in jest) he will find it offensive.

I suppose it's down to the person but it's something i respect