Fan Clubs (beta)

Live Action Movie - Thundercats

Guest Laffy

Guest Laffy

Warner Bros has reportedly optioned a script for a live action version of the 1980s television animated series, Thundercats.

Paul Sopocy has written the script, with Paula Weinstein producing through Spring Creek Productions, along with Dick Robertson and Lew Korman.

The original series, based on characters created by Ted Wolf, followed a group of humanoid cats with names like Lion-O and Cheetara, who must flee their planet of Thundera after it was destroyed. Landing on Third Earth, they constantly battle against the evil Mumm-Ra.

It originally aired from 1985 to 1990 in the US, and was frequently repeated. Comic book versions were also produced by Marvel Comics, with an 'adult' version created by DC Comics' Wildstorm in 2003. Warner Bros has owned the rights to the animated series since acquiring Telepictures Corporation in 1989.

In a word oh Hell Yeah!!!!!

Guest Inno

The important question... who plays Tigra? :D

I have Samuel L Jackson pegged as Panthro already. Will Ferrell as Snarf.

Depending on the performance of Transformers (which has no chance of tanking), you'll see a glut of 80s toons being brought back.

MASK is the next one that the Transformers team have been looking at.

Guest Chriscare
YUSSSS!

Like Inno said, only Sam J could play Panthro!

He's a little on the small side

Michael Clarke Duncan perhaps

Edited by Chriscare

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

THUNDERCATS!!!!

Thundercats are on the move

Thundercats are loose

Fear the Magic

Hear the Roar

Thundercats are loose

Thunder...

Thunder...

Thunder...

Thunder...

Cats

Thunder...

Thunder...

Thunder...

Thunder...

Cats

As long as that theme remains for the live action movie I will be deleriously happy with it!!

THUNDERCATS!!!!

Thundercats are on the move

Thundercats are loose

Fear the Magic

Hear the Roar

Thundercats are loose

Thunder...

Thunder...

Thunder...

Thunder...

Cats

Thunder...

Thunder...

Thunder...

Thunder...

Cats

As long as that theme remains for the live action movie I will be deleriously happy with it!!

They could get Slipknot to do it as a nod to Aerosmith reworking the Spider-Man theme.

Guest Chriscare
I hope they plan on making a few and one of them is the tv film they made in which Lion-O has to compete against all his fellow Thundercats at what they're best at, that was awesome

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
I hope they plan on making a few and one of them is the tv film they made in which Lion-O has to compete against all his fellow Thundercats at what they're best at, that was awesome

The Trial's of Lion-O

It was actually 5 seperate episodes that they put together on TV so it seemed like it was all in one, the next Thundercats DVD (serise 1 part 2) will have them on disk 1 in the way they were shown in the serise :D