Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Hey you, your LEAST favourite all time wrestler in each promotion?

Naitch

WWE

WCW

NWA

ECW

AWA

TNA

ROH

Mid South/UWF

Bring the negativity suckers. NEGATIVITY? And we’re on a wrestling forum?! Well I’ll be damned. My brain is dead at the minute so this list of wrestlers could be a million times longer if I put any real thought into it.

WWE

Shawn Michaels. Take everything you’ve ever seen me write about Shawn Michaels on this forum, multiply it by a thousand and you’re still nowhere near it. There have been a number of abhorrently dislikeable wrestlers that I could very easily classify as my least favourite of all time, everyone from Brutus Beefcake to Ultimate Warrior stopping at Triple H and Billy Gunn along the way. NO ONE inspires such immense dislike of a professional wrestler within me the way Shawn Michaels does. I disliked him immensely in his prime and he’s a million trillion times worse now so yeah. And I don’t even know the guy personally. I’m sure he walks old ladies across the road, loves his mother and helps out at the homeless shelter on his days off. But probably not.

WCW

Buff Bagwell/Judy Bagwell/any member of the Bagwell family. I’m not even going to take the time to dignify Bagwell with reasons why I disliked him.

NWA

Dynamic Dudes. Both of them. Johnny Ace always stunk except possibly when he was being carried in All Japan by someone a million times better but he probably would never have even gotten a spot there had Mrs. Baba not taken a shine to him. Douglas I’ve always kinda disliked so him as a dorky, skateboard carrying, Joe Babyface character smelled like poop. The Skycrapers, alleged heels, beating the tar out of them and Cornette swerving them in an alleged heel turn to side with The Midnights again to two huge pops respectively are both delightful moments. I’d like to think that fans hatred of The Dynamic Dudes in some roundabout way led to the rise of the cool anti hero babyface. I would be talking through my ass though.

ECW

Kronus or Mustafa. Kronus represents everything that is bad about wrestling at it’s very worst. Mustafa is one of the all time worst professional wrestlers I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. Was very lucky he had New Jack’s sweary, charismatic, crazy coattails to ride on for a while. Other than that I could name a bunch of others. There were a lot of God awful wrestlers who passed through ECW that Heyman put on TV. Still I guess that enhances the reputation of it as the land of the misfits.

AWA

Greg Gagne. Just something very creepy and dislikeable about him made all the worse when his 100lbs soaking wet with Giant Haystacks on his back, pasty white frame was booked to beat the pap out of Bruiser Brody or Dick Murdoch or someone just because he was daddy’s little boy.

TNA

Seriously, where do you even start? I could count the amount of people they’ve had on their roster since they began that I’ve liked on two hands. Right now, it’s down to just the one hand and they’re doing their best to chop off my fingers one by one. I’ll go the safe bet and say Billy Gunn. The answer is always Billy Gunn. Or Petey Williams. Or Matt Bentley. Or A1. Or The Harris Brothers. Or Lance Hoyt. Or Sonny Siaki…AH DAMMIT, I could probably sit all night and list 99% of their alumni.

ROH

I guess Xavier. Although that was probably the reaction they were going for when they put the belt on him. Other than that, the whole dance recital group like Amazing Red, Quiet Storm, SAT and a bunch of others from when Feinstein ran it and the roster was full of skinny, feminine, girly boys for Feinstein to ogle. Some of the stuff they did struck me as very creepy. Seriously, Towel Boy without shirt?

UWF/Mid South

Savannah Jack kinda sucked from what I can remember of him last time I watched UWF tapes. Made all the more interesting by his name being posted in the ‘favourite wrestler’ thread because whoever posted it probably just went to the UWF page on OWW.com and chose a bunch of their talent at random to list. Seriously, name me a Savannah Jack match.

Edited by Naitch

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Great Ahmar

WWE - Mabel/Viscera. Horrible, Horrible wrestler. Most worthless push ever in the WWF. And his character now stinks too.

WCW - Sid. From his early days he sucked, to his return from the WCW he sucked. For some reason he was pretty decent in the WWF but when inside a WCW ring he sucked major ass in every form possible, on the mic and in the ring. Who can forget "I have half the brain that you do!"

NWA - Ronnie Garvin. I can't stand to watch his mediocre ass in the old NWA tapes I have, he is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring!

ECW - Axl Rotten. One of those fat, out of shape, "Hardcore" Wrestlers that I hate. I'm not a huge fan of the 'hit your opponent over the head with weapons' type matches even though I loved ECW. He sucked major ass in the ring especially when he tried to wrestle, even Joey Styles story of him being a good college wrestler didn't save him from the embarrassment of actually having to wrestle.

TNA - Jeff Jarrett. I detest the man. People moan and complain about HHH booking himself into a nice slot well look at JJ. Ruining Raven's awesome title run and not letting Rhino actually have a proper reign. He should be nothing more than a Midcarder for life. I find his matches boring when he's not with someone really talented and his promo's even more boring. When he isn't running the promotion or Russo isn't booking then he is where? In the midcard where he belongs!

ROH - BJ Whitmer. Mr. Generic himself. He had a good feud with Jimmy Jacobs mind but that's only because Jacob's took some incredible bumps. I find nothing entertaining about him what so ever. Dan Maff was also closed to being chosen too. And yes I do skip there Tag matches all the time.

WCW - Sid.

No, we're looking for LEAST favourite wrestlers you crazy, crazy person. A man who hates SID is a man without a soul. Sooooo say hello to Satan for me when you're down there, Omar.

WWE:

Im gonna have to say the Bushwackers, mainly due to the Smack 'em Whack 'em video which i won in a competition as a 10 year old. I put it in the player looking forward to seeing my heroes, Bret Hart, Michaels, Taker, but for what i got was the Bushwhackers.. Doing DIY .. With Lord Alfred Hayes .. and .. Electrocuting themselves whilst constanly wailing: "Wheeeeeeeyyyyy". I never entered another competiton ever again.

WCW:

No messing around. Big Josh. Im not even explaining this one.

TNA:

Where to Start .. The Johnsons, The Rainbow Express, especially from the very early days, there are a few contenders.. But a certain Rikishi rip off Cheeks marked TNA's darkest minuted in the early days. I truely feared they would not see out 2002 with gimmicks like this.

ECW:

I once bought a video with a Hack Myers vs. Billy Black match on. Never again. There were probably worse workers than these two during the course of that promotions live. But none offended me so much with one aweful match that i swore i'd never buy another ECW video. Eventually i forgave ECW and bought a few video's, and really enjoyed them, endearing me to the product, but for robbing me of a good year of ECW im giving this one to Billy Black

ROH:

Im gonna have to say whenever most of the CZW guys invaded ROH, they were the worst workers on the card. Not sure if it counts but what the hell im sayin the CZW roster

As far as NWA and UWF iv only ever seen best of's and the big title fights, all of which i couldnt pick anyone who i could list as a worst performer. I always prefered the likes of the Flair/Steamboats to the style of say Thesz/Brisco but theres no way i could or would consider any of those guys the worst by any stretch.

Guest SuperKick Kid
No, we're looking for LEAST favourite wrestlers you crazy, crazy person. A man who hates SID is a man without a soul. Sooooo say hello to Satan for me when you're down there, Omar.

Whoa, dont criticize someone elses Least Favorite. That's their opinion whether you like it or not you Evil HBK Hater. :P

Guest Gooneronastick

WWE - Tugboat/Typhoon. Hated the guy. Came in on the coattails of Hulk Hogan as Hogan's mate and then lived off of Earthquake's heat. Reality was, he was just shocking.

WCW - Van Hammer. Awful gimmick, awful wrestler. Nuff said.

NWA - I'm sure this will be unpopular but I really disliked Norman Smiley. Everyone's celebrity jobber and that stupid dance of his. <shudder>

ECW - Justin Credible. Poor, poor, poor.

AWA - Greg Gagne. We moan about Jarrett booking himself in TNA, but Verne Gagne booked himself and his son, who looked like he could be blown over by a strong wind as winners.

TNA - Sonny Siaki - Never liked the Flying Elvis' thing he did and the Rock imitation Siaki was no better.

WWE: Giant Gonzales. *shudders*

WCW: Lex Luger, over-rated pile of shite.

NWA: Again Lex Luger.

ECW: Hack Myers. I mean please, how did he get so over?

AWA: I havent seen a lot, but from what i ahve seen Buck Zumhofe was the least enjoyable.

TNA: Sonjay Dutt. Just GRRRRRR

ROH: Jack Evans. STOP FLIPPING

Mid South/UWF: The Missing Link.

Guest vortigern

WWE-Billy Gunn

WCW-Jerry Flynn

NWA-Ron Bass

ECW-911

AWA-Boris Zukhov

TNA-B.G James

ROH-Xavier

Mid South/UWF-Hacksaw Duggan

Guest the HiTman

I don't really know enough about the other promotions but my least favorite wrestler in WWF/E history is X-Pac.

I hated this guy before everyone else seemed to dislike him, he just had a face that I really, REALLY wanted to punch.

And don't get me started on the Bronco Buster..possibly the worst more in wrestling history.

Sorry Sean!

Guest BigAl

WWE:very few have i disliked watching more then khali although perhaps the bunch of freaks that used to be in there in the late 90's if anyone knows who they are please do inform me so i can tarnish there name lol.... i have recently been informed its the odities!!! (thanks dpdd)

WCW: whoever "rico" was.... disco inferno i think his name was....oh dear

ECW:the gangstas or whatever they may be called

TNA:Sting....hasbeen!

ROH:anything to do with CZW

Edited by BigAl

WWE

I was really spoiled for choice in this one. Do I go for the tag-team of Tekno Team 2000, or even Well-Dunn? How about Outback Jack? Or what about the absolutely disgraceful Typhoon? As much as I want to choose them, or a myriad of other names, I can only plop (what an apt phrase when talking about his guy) for Zeus.

I like Tom Lister in acting roles, but he deserves to be nowhere near a wrestling ring. Brought into the WWF to feud with Hogan because he didn't get to win a wrestling match in Beltmark's favourite film of all time, 'No Holds Barred'.

He stunk the place out for the entire time he was there, and was even less mobile than Mark Henry at his worst. The guy sold nothing and did less.

He was so bad that WCW hired him to be part of one of the worst matches in history.......awww, screw it, even Zeus wasn't as bad as Bastion Booger.

I can't do it. I've tried to block him from my mind by talking about Zeus and Booger, but he's fighting to escape (which is appropriate)...the worst wrestler in the history of Vince's company has to be Nailz. A great idea for a feud and gimmick, ruined by the worst offence of any man, woman, child or animal to set foot in a wrestling ring. We get it, you were in jail, but you're not now, so why do you have to crawl under the bottom rope like a reject from The Great Escape?

Like Zeus, WCW hired this clown after his WWF run ended....and what did they do with him? The kept him in the same gimmick and called him The Prisoner. And people wonder why WCW went bust.

WCW

When it comes to crap gimmicks for crap wrestlers, WCW is hard to top. From the wasted opportunity of the Glacier gimmick to the continual renaming of Ed Leslie, WCW had many, many bad wrestlers, including the above mentioned Lister and Nailz.

Now it would be easy to pick someone like The Yeti, who was supposedly thatwed by Kevin Sullivan to help destroy Hulkamania. Only problem was, no-one (or so it seemed) in WCW knew what a Yeti actually was, so they dressed him in toilet roll and made him look like a Hammer Horror version of The Mummy. But as he wasn't on TV enough to really annoy me, I have to pick The Renegade.

Here was a guy who was "brought in" by Hulk Hogan to help him vanquish the bad guys. The promos leading up to his arrival hinted that it would be the Ultimate Warrior who would be joining the company, but whether it was WCW not asking him or Warrior not being offered enough, the fans were presented with this piece-of-sh*t rip-off, who had neither the look, the intesity or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, the ability of Jim Hellwig. It was an abomination from the start, and when the real Warrior came in, he was reduced to being his body-double for when Warrior had to appear and disappear in the ring. The gimmick was eventually taken away from him by a heel Jimmy Hart, who, in the same manner as Marc Mero saying Salvatore Sincere was really a guy called Tom Brandi, said to Renegade that, "He wasn't a 'Renegade', you're just plain Rick."

Sadly, he committed suicide in 1999, depressed about his career at that point. But being dead doesn't stop him being the worst wrestler to have had a push in WCW.

NWA

Abdullah the Butcher. I like the guy in interviews, but his matches bore me to tears.

ECW

Another spoilt-for-choice scenario......but only one man can come out on top in this one. He has been mentioned already, but Mustapha Saed really was the worst wrestler ever. When New Jack can be classed as the technician of the team, you know you're in trouble. But he couldn't even do the weapons-based brawls his team was known for with any degree of competance.

New Jack, love him or hate him, made a weapons-infested run-in a work of art, and when he cast-off the deadweight of his partner, he flourished in his niché. But Mustafa couldn't even do the most basic of exchanges, and he is an embarrasment to the profession. How in God's name PWI had him placed as #427 of the best 500 singles wrestlers of the PWI years, I have no idea.

AWA

Greg Gagne. No explanation required.

TNA

Bruce/Miss TNA. What the hell Alan Funk was doing dressed like this when he was a talented wrestler underneath is something I'll never understand. For anyone who has seen his performance as "The Funkster", his Hogan parody, they can tell you that he does have talent.....but not when he's like this.

ROH

Amazing Red. I cannot understand the appeal of this guy.

Mid South/UWF

Having only seen highlight packages, I've not seen that much to put me off the product. So from what I have seen, I'm going to go for Missing Link.

ECW-911
Shame on you....and shame on anyone nominating Shane Douglas in ECW. Edited by DC