Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Wrestling moments that made you teary eyed?

The Fury

Has there been any wrestling match, segment or moment where you get tears in the back of your eyes?

I just watched the JR hall of fame video and the way it was done and the reaction afterwards just got me a tear to my eye and i can't explain it.

Another moment was the tribute video to eddies death. The song by johnny cash and the video just really got to me.

EDIT-crying laughter wise there's plenty. The vince/dx 4th of july segemtn i've never laughed so long and hard from a raw show in years.

Edited by The Fury

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the HiTman

I agree with Eddie's video..but its the 3 Doors Down tune Here Without You they put to it that got to me.

Another moment was seeing Lillian cry at the 9-11 special when she sang the US National Anthem...man that got me going!

Then there have been plenty of moments where I have cried with laughter...usually caused by The Rock or Kurt Angle, but some of Vince's faces get me going too. And Booker and Snitsky are good for a laugh too.

Guest Laffy

Eddie's tribute night made me cry, I also cried when Eddie was champion as you could see what it meant to him. I did not cry but welled up when Piper was induted in to the HOF and thats about it.

Eddie, Rey, Kurt and the Rock made me laugh out loud on a regular basis and HHH dancing at the Backlash press conference was sheer gold.

Guest Chriscare
The Eddie tribute show with Benoit and Stephanie's talking and also when Jeff Jarrett and Debra were doing a promo just after Owen Harts accident

Guest PowerPlay

I gotta go with Eddie! The video at the beginning of the show was so emotive.

And the only wrestler that makes me laugh these days is Triple H, The Rock was pretty awesome too back when he was wrestling.

Guest Trimmy
I forget which event this was at but the night austin left a can of bud light the middle of the ring and walked off supposedly leaving had me a bit emotional as did the eddie guerrero 3 doors down video.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

I have honestly never got teary at a wrestling show, the Eddie vid didn't move me, the tribute to Owen after his death didn't do anything to me either can't think of any wrestling show where I have even started to well up a little bit and feel like crying

My brother however is the exact opposite, he cried like a baby at the Owen tribute and was slightly upset at the Eddie one (but no where near as bad as for Owen)

I have honestly never got teary at a wrestling show, the Eddie vid didn't move me, the tribute to Owen after his death didn't do anything to me either can't think of any wrestling show where I have even started to well up a little bit and feel like crying

Me neither. Now tears of laughter, Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon presenting All American Wrestling - on a boat. GOLD!

Guest the HiTman

You cold, cold person! :sad:

Guest krudler
benoit winning the world title at mania 20 is up there,so is hogan/rock at mania 18,at the end when hogan raises rocks hand at the top of the ramp and the look of overcome emotion on the rocks face is totally genuine,and eddie of course

I cried when Benoit won the title at WM 20. I didn't cry when I watched it live but I watched it 2 years later and it got me. Also, like everyone else I cried when RAW was tributed to Eddie. I need to get that RAW on DVD. They should release it, I bet it would sell a crapload.

Tears of laughter.....when King Bookah did his own movie review on Kane's movie. Man that was awesome.

Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ymH6Yqgd2U0

It's awesome until Kane comes and ruins it.

Edited by yoyo

Guest Gooneronastick
Eddie's tribute vid still makes me cry, as did the Owen Hart raw. I also got choked up in that moment at WM20 where Eddie came to the ring with the WWE title just after Benoit's WHT win and they shared the look that said "We made it!".

Guest Kanenite

I think the only moment I cried at Wrestling was the Eddie Tribute shows. They were so touching and especially seeing as Eddie overcame so many obstacles.

In 2005 they did a roundup of the biggest moments on RAW and I was sitting watching it when Owen's Tribute show came up. I've always found it a really sad death and Owen's character was amazing. I turned round to my mum and she was flooding! Seeing as she doesn't even watch Wrestling I thought it must've been a very touching moment for anyone.

Crying with laughter there have been a few times, especially from The Rock, Triple H and Y2J.

Edited by Kanenite

Guest The Great Ahmar
I didn't cry at all through the Eddie Show on Raw until Cena up the belt on the Eddie T-Shirt, I found that very emotional. I see get chocked up at the Johnny Cash "Hurt" Video.

Guest SammyDavis
This past Monday when we lost the great Vincent Kennedy McMahon i got a little blurry eyed. But seriously the Eddie tribute for obvious reasons. Oh and back when I thought it was all real, when HHH beat Mick Foley and forced him to "retire" I cried. I thought I would never see him again. He was/is my favorite. I guess I was about 10.