Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Wrestling moments that made you teary eyed?

The Fury

Guest Kanenite

I think the only moment I cried at Wrestling was the Eddie Tribute shows. They were so touching and especially seeing as Eddie overcame so many obstacles.

In 2005 they did a roundup of the biggest moments on RAW and I was sitting watching it when Owen's Tribute show came up. I've always found it a really sad death and Owen's character was amazing. I turned round to my mum and she was flooding! Seeing as she doesn't even watch Wrestling I thought it must've been a very touching moment for anyone.

Crying with laughter there have been a few times, especially from The Rock, Triple H and Y2J.

Edited by Kanenite

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Great Ahmar
I didn't cry at all through the Eddie Show on Raw until Cena up the belt on the Eddie T-Shirt, I found that very emotional. I see get chocked up at the Johnny Cash "Hurt" Video.

Guest SammyDavis
This past Monday when we lost the great Vincent Kennedy McMahon i got a little blurry eyed. But seriously the Eddie tribute for obvious reasons. Oh and back when I thought it was all real, when HHH beat Mick Foley and forced him to "retire" I cried. I thought I would never see him again. He was/is my favorite. I guess I was about 10.

The Mick Foley hardcore ceremony particularyl the video to Staind - So Far Away. Plus the Bret Hart v Benoit match on nitro as tribute to Owen.

Guest The Franchise

Some of the most tearing eyed moments for me:

1.The night after Owen Hart died

2.The first Raw & Smackdown after Eddie Guerrero passed on

3.When Arn Anderson had to retire from wrestling

4.When Chris Benoit won the World title at WM

5.Watching the trubute video to Kurt Hennig at the HOF this year

I have never cried at any wrestling stuff, but I was touched by one of the Hall of Fame speeches this year, or was it last year?

It definitely wasn't the Eddie induction, I don't think it was the Bret one...if I remember correctly it was a man inducting his dead father (but it wasn't Gagne...). For the life of me I just cannot remember!

Cheers!

Honestly I doubt anything dealing with wrestling will ever make me cry.
You have no soul.

I have never cried at any wrestling stuff, but I was touched by one of the Hall of Fame speeches this year, or was it last year?

It definitely wasn't the Eddie induction, I don't think it was the Bret one...if I remember correctly it was a man inducting his dead father (but it wasn't Gagne...). For the life of me I just cannot remember!

Cheers!

It may have been John Studd's induction, as I know his son spoke in honour of his dad for that one.

I got a little choked up the night Flair returned to Nitro (Arn reforming The Horsemen), and the Eddie videos always get to me.

The reaction Edge got at Unforgiven last year in his hometown.

Bobby Heenans HOF induction speech in 2004.

Watching the Eddie tribute video on Christmas morning.

Guest Cey19
The saddest moment in wrestling that affected me happened on two big PPV's, the 1st was WM22 and the 2nd WM23, these two moment brought tears and anger i felt completely destroyed and those two moments happened when john cena made hhh & hbk submit on 2 consecutive wrestlemania's, trust me if you are a real wrestling fan, you must be crying reading this

The reaction Edge got at Unforgiven last year in his hometown.

Bobby Heenans HOF induction speech in 2004.

Watching the Eddie tribute video on Christmas morning.

Heenan's was special. When he spoke about missing Monsoon, his best friend, I choked up. Mainly because Heenan was being serious, which was rare, but he was also being genuine.

The saddest moment in wrestling that affected me happened on two big PPV's, the 1st was WM22 and the 2nd WM23, these two moment brought tears and anger i felt completely destroyed and those two moments happened when john cena made hhh & hbk submit on 2 consecutive wrestlemania's, trust me if you are a real wrestling fan, you must be crying reading this
I am a real wrestling fan and that didn't bring me to tears. I was surprised when Cena made HHH tap, but not tearful.

Guest Gooneronastick
5.Watching the trubute video to Kurt Hennig at the HOF this year

I'd forgotten that one. Yep, I got a bit teary eyed at that too.

Guest FreeSpirit

Brock Vs Angle at WM19 when they hugged at the end almost got me blubbing like a little baby.

They were both seriously injured and banged up after a brutal battle, in which they gave it their all, and after their battle was over they just showed each other an abundance of respect.

Was their hug scripted, because I always think to myself that it was out of the blue?