Martial Arts

Goldberg

Nightfox

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest krudler
was never a huge fan of goldberg,he only did 3 moves and his matches were barely 5 mins long,he did have a cracking us title match with raven though

Guest The Great Ahmar
Probably V Scott Steiner at Fall Brawl 2000 I believe is his finest match. Maybe V Jericho at Badd Blood 2003 also.

I have Hogan vs Goldberg on DVD. That match is actually pretty awesome. It's when he won his first WHC. The crowd goes f*cking crazy.

The only 'really good' Goldberg match you will find is against Scott Steiner, like OMAR said. His attraction was his squash matches though. They were all the same, but really fun. Brilliant music, straight down to the ring, some big moves, pin. Simple, but incredibly effective. He was the perfect pro-wrestling character in a lot of ways. You could say he was the straight up Ultimate Warrior. Limited, but thoroughly entertaining when he stuck to what he did best.

I can't e specific when recommending his work. Look on YouTube for some WCW shows around the time of his debut, and you'll find his best stuff.

Guest FreeSpirit
Goldberg Vs Sting in WCW was a good match, thats probably the closest he came to losing his streak when he was unbeaten.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
I frickin' love Goldberg. He got screwed over by Vince and HHH, when he came to the WWE.

He screwed himself over by sucking.

He screwed himself over by sucking.

Sort of, but why would the WWE hire him if they weren't going to book him one of the only ways he could be? He had a reputation and people expected to see him run through the roster, starting at the bottom until someone toppled him.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
i was just never a fan of his and didnt really enjoy anything he did in WWE so that didnt help. I dont feel he deserved to go through guys like Lesner, The Rock, Jericho etc.

Guest The Great Ahmar
i was just never a fan of his and didnt really enjoy anything he did in WWE so that didnt help. I dont feel he deserved to go through guys like Lesner, The Rock, Jericho etc.

He wouldn't have been Lesnar at 'Mania if Lesnar wasn't leaving too. Being Rock was suppose to get him even more over although no cared for Goldberg as Rock was frecking Hilarious building up the match.

I liked the Bounty Hunter angle they did pre-Survivor Series.

Guest The Bisch

Goldberg and Scott Hall had a pretty good match in WCW I seem to recall, I think it was a ladder match.

I can't remember the details though, maybe it wasn't as good as I think it was lol

Guest Gooneronastick
Sort of, but why would the WWE hire him if they weren't going to book him one of the only ways he could be? He had a reputation and people expected to see him run through the roster, starting at the bottom until someone toppled him.

WWE booked him that way so they could tear up the "legend that is" Goldberg.

WCW booked the unbeaten streak brilliantly including the Hogan defeat to win the WHT. And I'd say it was WWE's decision to book him that way that played a part in him leaving WWE. He's still a "name" in the casual fans' mind, I'd say and WWE wanted to not destroy but discredit Goldberg's ability.

I would list these as Goldberg's top 5 matches (in no order)

v Hogan for the title (Monday Nitro from July 6th 1998)

v DDP (Halloween Havoc 1997)

v Raven (Monday Nitro from April 20th 1998)

v Scott Steiner (Starrcade 2000)

v Sting (Slamboree 1999)

Honourable mentions to his matches against Sid Vicious (Halloween Havoc 1999), Goldberg v The Rock from Backlash 2003 and the Elimination Chamber match he had at Summerslam 2003.

He wouldn't have been Lesnar at 'Mania if Lesnar wasn't leaving too. Being Rock was suppose to get him even more over although no cared for Goldberg as Rock was frecking Hilarious building up the match.

I liked the Bounty Hunter angle they did pre-Survivor Series.

But thats the point being made, no effort was made to build up Goldberg. Instead he was made look crap in the weeks leading up to the match. The Rock even cut a face promo right before the match.

Guest cenarules
His attraction was his squash matches though. They were all the same, but really fun. Brilliant music, straight down to the ring, some big moves, pin. Simple, but incredibly effective. He was the perfect pro-wrestling character in a lot of ways. You could say he was the straight up Ultimate Warrior. Limited, but thoroughly entertaining when he stuck to what he did best.

I agree wholeheartedly. Goldberg is one of my favorite wrestlers of all-time, mainly because of what you said. He just played his character so well and he was built up as being an unstoppable force, which was pretty awesome. He was extremely entertaining and he was a solid wrestler, in my opinion.

When i think of Goldberg all i can think of is that he kicked Bret hart so hard in the head he ended the career of IMO the greatest of all time. the guy should never have been in a ring if he was that much of a liability.

When i think of Goldberg all i can think of is that he kicked Bret hart so hard in the head he ended the career of IMO the greatest of all time. the guy should never have been in a ring if he was that much of a liability.
That wasn't Goldberg's fault as Bret continued to wrestle (against medical advice) for weeks afterwards, and that is why he never recovered from the concussion.