• Wrestlemania 17
    • Wrestlemania 18
    • Wrestlemania 19
    • Wrestlemania 20
    • Wrestlemania 21
    • Wrestlemania 22
    • Wrestlemania 23

Guest The Great Ahmar

Following the first round Wrestlemania 1,2,4,9 and 11 are all gone from the search to find the Greatest PPV of all time. Round saw 5,10,15,16 booted out of the quest. Round 3 said bye bye to 3,6,7,8,12,13. Round 4 is here quicker than s*it off a shovel.

Da Rulz:

Here is how it works:

- Much like the TWO Survivor elimination style that Chris2K ran you vote for your least favorite.

- All the PPVS will be under there names sakes. Meaning all the Wresltemania's will be under Wrestlemania

- The promotions involved will be WWE/F, NWA/WCW, ECW, TNA

- On some rounds you can vote for more than one PPV.

- If you haven't seen the PPV you can still vote it out on the fact that you haven't seen it.

- For some of those who haven't seen much of the WCW and ECW PPV's I'll be posting up cards of the events so you can base you vote on that if you like. If someone can find some bits of the show on a video site, then great and post it here.

- The cut off point for PPVS in the future is now. Meaning any PPV from now on doesn't count in this quest for The Greatest PPV of All time.

- And lets try and get some good debate going in these threads with no single word posts.

WrestleMania XIV (March 29, 1998)

Stone Cold Steve Austin pinned Shawn Michaels to win the World Title

Ken Shamrcok made The Rock tap out to the ankle lock to win the title (decision reversed when Shamrock wouldn't let go.)

The Undertaker pinned Kane

HHH beat Owen Hart to retain the European title

Cactus Jack and Terry Funk beat New Age Outlaws in a dumpster match to win tag team titles

Mero and Sable beat Goldust and Luna in a mixed tag match

TAKA beat Aguila to retain the Lightweight Title

LOD 2000 won the 15 team battle royal

WrestleMania X-Seven

- Chris Jericho defeated William Regal to retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship

- Tazz and the Acolytes defeated the Right to Censor

- Kane defeated The Big Show and Raven to win the Hardcore Championship

- Eddie Guerrero defeated Test to win the European Championship

- Kurt Angle defeated Chris Benoit

- Chyna defeated Ivory to win the Women's Title

- Shane McMahon defeated Vince McMahon

- Edge and Christian defeated The Dudley Boys and the Hardy Boyz in TLC 2 to win the WWF Tag Team Titles

- The Iron Sheik won the 18 Man Gimmick Battle Royal by eliminating Hillbilly Jim

- The Undertaker defeated Triple H

- Stone Cold Steve Austin defeated The Rock to win the WWF World Title

WrestleMania X8 – Skydome; Toronto, Ontario 3/17/02

- I-C Title: Rob Van Dam beat William Regal to win the title

- European Title: Champion Dallas Page beat Christian

- Hardcore Title: Champion Maven fought Goldust.

Due to the 24/7 rule the title went from Maven to Spike Dudley to The Hurricane, Molly, Christian and back to Maven by the end of the night

- Kurt Angle beat Kane

- The Undertaker beat Ric Flair

- Edge beat Booker T

- Steve Austin beat Scott Hall

- Tag Team Title Elimination Match: Champions Billy & Chuck beat The Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz, & APA

- The Rock beat Hulk Hogan

- Women's Title: Champ Jazz beat Trish Stratus & Lita

- WWF Title: Triple H beat Chris Jericho to win the title

WrestleMania XIX – Safeco Field; Seattle, WA 3/30/03

- Cruiserweight Title: Champ Matt Hardy beat Rey Mysterio

- The Undertaker beat The Big Show & A-Train

- Women's Title: Trish Stratus beat champ Victoria & Jazz to win the title

- WWE Tag Team Title: Champions Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas beat The Guerreros, and Chris Benoit & Rhyno

- Shawn Michaels beat Chris Jericho

- World Heavyweight Title: Champ Triple H beat Booker T

- Hulk Hogan beat Vince McMahon

- The Rock beat Steve Austin

- WWE Title: Brock Lesnar beat champion Kurt Angle to win the title

WrestleMania XX – Madison Square Garden, New York, NY 3/14/04

- US Title: John Cena beat The Big Show to win the title

- World Tag Team Title: Champions Rob Van Dam & Booker T beat Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade, The Dudley Boys, and Rene Dupree & Rob Conway

- Christian beat Chris Jericho

- Handicap Match: Ric Flair, Randy Orton & Batista beat The Rock & Mick Foley. This was Foley's first match in 4 years

- Playboy Evening Gown Match: Playboy cover girls Sable & Torrie Wilson beat Stacy Keibler & Jackie Gayda

- Cruiserweight Title: Champ Chavo Guerrero beat Nunzio, Shannon Moore, Funaki, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Mysterio Jr., Tajiri, Akio, Billy Kidman & Jamie Knoble

- Goldberg beat Brock Lesnar. Steve Austin was referee.

- WWE Tag Team Title: Champs Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty beat The APA, The Bashams, and The World's Greatest Tag Team

- Women's Title: Champ Victoria beat Molly Holly. As a result, Molly lost her hair.

- WWE Title: Champ Eddie Guerrero beat Kurt Angle

- The Undertaker beat Kane

- World Heavyweight Title: Chris Benoit beat champ Triple H & Shawn Michaels to win the title

WrestleMania 21 – Staples Center; Los Angeles, CA 4/3/05

- Rey Mysterio beat Eddie Guerrero

- Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Edge beat Chris Benoit, Kane, Shelton Benjamin, Chris Jericho & Christian to get a title shot whenever he wants

- Eugene is attacked by Hassan in the ring. He is saved by the returning Hulk Hogan.

- The Undertaker beat Randy Orton

- Women's Title: Champion Trish Stratus beat Christy Hemme

- Kurt Angle beat Shawn Michaels

- Pipers Pit with Steve Austin

- Sumo Match: Sumo wrestler Akebono beat The Big Show

- WWE Title: John Cena beat JBL to win the title

- World Heavyweight Title: Batista beat Triple H to win the title

WrestleMania 22 - Allstate Arena; Chicago, IL 4/2/06

- World Tag Team Championship: Champs Kane & The Big Show beat Carlito & Chris Masters

- Money in the Bank Match: Rob Van Dam beat Matt Hardy, Lashley, Finlay, Ric Flair, & Shelton Benjamin

- U.S. Title: JBL beat Chris Benoit to win the title

- Hardcore Match: Edge beat Mick Foley

- The Boogey Man beat Booker T & Sharmell

- Women’s Title: Mickie James beat Trish Stratus to win the title

- Casket Match: The Undertaker beat Mark Henry

- No Holds Barred: Shawn Michaels beat Vince McMahon

- World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio beat Champ Kurt Angle and Randy Orton to become the new champion

- Playboy Pillow Fight: Torrie Wilson beat Candice Michelle

-WWE Championship: Champ John Cena beat Triple H by submission

WrestleMania 23 - Ford Field; Detroit, MI 4/1/07

- Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Ken Kennedy beat Edge, C.M. Punk, King Booker, Jeff Hardy, Finlay, Matt Hardy, and Randy Orton

- The Great Khali beat Kane

- U.S. Title: Champion Chris Benoit beat MVP

- World Heavyweight Championship: The Undertaker beat Batista to win the title

- The ECW Originals (Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Sandman, and Tommy Dreamer) beat The New Breed (Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, Marcus Cor Von, and Matt Striker)

- Donald Trump's Hair vs Mr. McMahon's Hair: Bobby Lashley beat Umaga

- Lumber Jill Match for the Women's Title: Champion Melina beat Ashley

- WWE Championship: Champion John Cena beat Shawn Michaels

4 will be gone in 2 days, if you weeeeeeel

Guest Slim Jim
14, 20 and 21 for me. Good overall PPVs with some great matches, but for me just not as good as the others left.

Guest The Beltster
I voted of 14. Ive never seen it so....
If you havent seen it, why vote? Youhave the option to just leave it and if you know nothing about it, I'm curious why you would vote. I know I wouldnt vote off something just because I hadnt seen it and would just stick with the ones I had.

These polls arent getting a fair shake due to so many people voting things off just because they havent seen them, to me, its a bit stupid.

No offence.

I have seen every single WM so there.

I voted 14 because it's weak compared to the rest. Then 18 because the undercard blew. Then 21 because all the main events blew.

If you havent seen it, why vote? Youhave the option to just leave it and if you know nothing about it, I'm curious why you would vote. I know I wouldnt vote off something just because I hadnt seen it and would just stick with the ones I had.

These polls arent getting a fair shake due to so many people voting things off just because they havent seen them, to me, its a bit stupid.

No offence.

I've been saying the same thing since Chris2k did those favourite wrestler polls. It beggers belief that you'd vote something out - just because you haven't seen it.

I'm still quite gutted about 5 and 6 being gone. These shows were fantastic, and if you're ever gonna search out a WWF ppv you haven't seen, either one of these will do just fine. I didn't like WM 3, miind. I think it may have smething to do with the fact that I didn't see it first time round. I think the atmosphere and buzz it created was lost. The excitement of Hogan vs Andre must have been lost - that's up there with Bret/Michaels on the snooze 'O' meter.

This round it's WM 18 for me. As hot as the crowd was for Hogan/Rock, I just didn't get into it - and the rest of the card, barring HHH/Jericho (which was still pretty weak for them two) was dreadful.

Guest Jimmy Redman

No offence.

Well on the other hand, the poll asks for your favourite/least favourite PPV, and obviously you cant like the ones you havent seen. I love every WM I've seen, so I like them more than the ones I havent seen, hence I vote them off first.

It doesnt mean the polls arent fair. How fair would it be for a PPV to win even though a lot of people voting havent even seen it? You vote for your favourites to win, you cant have favourites you havent seen.

Guest the HiTman
Well on the other hand, the poll asks for your favourite/least favourite PPV, and obviously you cant like the ones you havent seen. I love every WM I've seen, so I like them more than the ones I havent seen, hence I vote them off first.

It doesnt mean the polls arent fair. How fair would it be for a PPV to win even though a lot of people voting havent even seen it? You vote for your favourites to win, you cant have favourites you havent seen.

You can't dislike something you haven't seen.

Guest Jimmy Redman

I never said that, its just that for the most part, especially with WMs when they're usually good, you like the ones you have seen more, because you have seen them and enjoyed them. Its about favourites, if its a choice between X PPV which I havent seen, and Y PPV which I love, its obvious which one I choose. You can blame me and others all you want for not seeing those WMs from before we were born, in order to have a "fair" opinion on all of them, but I havent seen them. I personally cant really vote for any of the ones I have seen yet, because I love all of those.

Guest Laffy
14 and 18 for me as although i have never seen 17 i have been told it was billiant and the lineup looks great. 18 was ok and to me 14 was just meh.

Guest the HiTman
Yes you can.

Whatever mate..it's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. If you haven't seen it, how can you possibly have an opinion on it?

Guest The Beltster
Makes no sense to me, so I must be either missing something or retarded. Sure you can have favourites, but how can you vote off something that you dont have a valid opinion on? You are disciminating against an event for the sole reason that you havent watched/seen it, and thats rediculous. You might not be able to LIKE the ones you havent seen, but you cant DISLIKE them either, you dont have an opinion on them.

I wouldnt rate a movie I hadnt seen, same with this.

Of course it makes them unfair. The ONLY way to make them fair is to only allow people who have seen every single WM to vote. I'm not saying thats how it should be because at the end of the day it doesnt really matter, but IF we were trying to be serious here, you cannot let people vote something off that they havent seen because their opinion of that event isnt valid or worth anything. Its like me recommending you buy a PS3 over a Wii when I've never used either. Makes zero sense.

Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking...

Either way its not important, but I think its a valid point to mention that these things arent going to be all that fair when people are voting off PPV's they havent ever even seen.

PM me your address, Jimmy, I'll hook you up with some old WM's and you can let us know what you think, you might HATE them, but you might like them! :xyx

Guest youcantseeme
I voted for 20, just seems boring. Also voted for 19 as i feel it wasnt very exciting and very overrated.

Guest Kanenite

I'm also against the voting for something you haven't seen. If you haven't seen it, don't vote, it isn't fair to vote some great Wrestlemanias off just because you haven't seen them. I seriously recommend watching all Wrestlemanias, well apart from a few but then you can atleast have a balanced oppinion on what you like and what you don't. I used to do this with TWO's Favourite Wrestler and I realised it wasn't really appropriate for me to vote when I have seen nothing from them.

I voted Wrestlemania 14 and 20 though. I enjoyed the shows but compared to the ones left, they weren't as good.

Whatever mate..it's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. If you haven't seen it, how can you possibly have an opinion on it?
I thought you were speaking in general terms, i.e. if you haven't seen something then you can't dislike it. I take it you were simply talking about things on TV or video/DVD.

I was taking your comment in the broadest terms possible, in that there are things that don't have to be seen to be disliked, i.e. radio presenters.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Makes no sense to me, so I must be either missing something or retarded. Sure you can have favourites, but how can you vote off something that you dont have a valid opinion on? You are disciminating against an event for the sole reason that you havent watched/seen it, and thats rediculous. You might not be able to LIKE the ones you havent seen, but you cant DISLIKE them either, you dont have an opinion on them.

I've never said I dislike any of the PPVs I've not seen. I just dont like them either, I cant, obviously. You're really missing my point. The whole thing is about favourites. Hence, I'm not voting off my favourites. My favourites, in terms of this list, are all the ones I've seen, because I like all the ones I've seen. Of course I would vote off something I didnt like before something I havent seen, because obviously something I dislike goes before something I have no opinion on. That just doesnt apply in this instance, because I like all the ones I've seen. So surely something I like comes before something I have no opinion on?

The question is, my least favourites out of (shortened for convenience):

WM 14 (no opinion)

WM 17 (loved it)

WM 19 (no opinion)

WM 21 (loved it)

etc...

I like those ones I've seen more, hence I vote off the others. I could "be fair", and just not vote until only ones I've seen are left, but whats the point in that? Its not about being "fair", its about favourites.

PM me your address' date=' Jimmy, I'll hook you up with some old WM's and you can let us know what you think, you might HATE them, but you might like them! :xyx[/quote']

Well be prepared for some serious postage costs there :P And trust me, I wish I had the time and the means to watch a lot of wrestling that I've missed.

Seriously, I know I, as well as other kids, cop it a little for not knowing much in terms of older wrestling. Hell I havent seen much wrestling pre-2004. But I think in the case of judging TWO's favourite WM, its not really unfair. You dont need to watch every one to have a valid opinion. No one has listened to every band ever, but surely we could poll for TWO's favourite band? Its the same thing.