Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Where to for ECW now?

Guest Chriscare

Guest Chriscare

With Benoit no longer with us, it leaves a massive gap in ECW. No doubt he was meant to win the title on Sunday, and i really don't think they were planning on keeping it on

Nitro

for long.

So where to now for ECW? Will someone else get put on the show, will someone be in store for a big push.

Without Benoit there is a huge lack of star power for the show now. Personally i think they'll bring someone over from one of the other brands, ECW needs someone with the title to lead the brand, and i don't think anyone currently on the rost is able to do it. Perhaps Elija Burke has the potential to do it at some point but not at this time.

The favourites for this for me would be:

1. Batista - Since Edge is meant to be keeping the title for a while, and it looks like they're feud is over, Batista is certainly avialable for it.

2. Matt Hardy - This could easily be Matt's time to get a world title run. He's been getting a great push lately and has been the best thing about Smackdown in recent weeks. I'm sure they've been pushing him to have another great feud with Edge, but i could easily see him making the jump.

3. Kane - He's been having random pointless matches on Smackdown since he moved. Kane is still very high in the ranks, and this would be a perfect time to push him.

4. King Booker - He's just been moved to Raw, but probably only as the next person to lose a feud to Cena. Moving him over to ECW would be a fantastic move in my opinion, prior to his injury King Booker was the greatest thing on Smackdown for about a year.

5. Randy Orton - Orton seems to never have much to do, they always seem to want to feud him with Cena but are clearly putting it off. Perhaps he's too young and unreliable to carry ECW though.

6. Umaga - Umaga seems to have nothing to do on Raw, perhaps with recent losses he's too weak to be put straight in with the ECW title though.

7. Lashley - Probably the least likely as he's just left, but putting him on Raw doesn't really make much sense to me, they've already got one unbeatable champ on there.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree on all mentioned poeple.

The guy who needs to go to ECW has to be a skilled worker who the up and comers can learn with. Someone who is belivable at the top of the card and will always give 100%. If you assume top of the card ECW as high mid card to top card on Raw/Sd then only one person adds up as the new guys:

Finlay.

Give old Fit the ECW belt and let Punk lern from him. Then have Finlay turn face, or Cor Von as face maybe, and fued away. :)

Guest Chriscare
I disagree on all mentioned poeple.

The guy who needs to go to ECW has to be a skilled worker who the up and comers can learn with. Someone who is belivable at the top of the card and will always give 100%. If you assume top of the card ECW as high mid card to top card on Raw/Sd then only one person adds up as the new guys:

Finlay.

Give old Fit the ECW belt and let Punk lern from him. Then have Finlay turn face, or Cor Von as face maybe, and fued away. :)

I agree Finaly needs to go to ECW, but i don't think he's able to lead the brand as their star. Finlays got no star power, and thats what ECW is missing and needs as a champion. Not many people are going to pay to see Finlay headline a PPV.

Guest The Beltster
And even less will pay to see Nitro headline a PPV. Anyways, the PPV's are all combined now, the ECW title match will never be the headline attraction so they wont have to worry about paying to see Finlay (or ANY ECW champion) headline a PPV.

Guest The Great Ahmar
ECW is fine. A Nitro/Punk is fine, Elijah and Cor Von are coming into there own especially Elijah.

And even less will pay to see Nitro headline a PPV. Anyways, the PPV's are all combined now, the ECW title match will never be the headline attraction so they wont have to worry about paying to see Finlay (or ANY ECW champion) headline a PPV.

Exactly, ECW is being treated (rightly as it stands) as a televised development league. Who better right now to head somewhere to learn the in ring craft then Finlay?

Guest Chriscare

Well yea but it still needs to look like a credible brand if it hopes to ever get picked up by another network, i'm so long term plans aren't to keep it on sci-fi, now thats its been established that its nothing like the old ECW

ECW is fine. A Nitro/Punk is fine, Elijah and Cor Von are coming into there own especially Elijah.

Sure it's fine, but fine doesn't bring in the money, it needs to be great. With Lashley and Mcmahon gone it looks like heat

Guest Marshall Mac D
As long as they take some one from raw im happy smackdown doesn't want its flesh picked off anymore.

Guest SuperKick Kid

Since Punk is most likely taking the title at the next PPV, there needs to be a new face in ECW besides him really.

And this could be the opening for one Colt Cabana to be brought up. :)

Guest The Great Ahmar
Since Punk is most likely taking the title at the next PPV, there needs to be a new face in ECW besides him really.

And this could be the opening for one Colt Cabana to be brought up. :)

Colt's been on OVW for all of two weeks and is over like mad already. Can't see why WWE wouldn't being him in in a couple of months time.

Bring in a new face, like Colt. Also bring in an experienced heel ala Finlay to teach the younger guys the ropes. And regards star power I don't think there's anyone available besides the guys listed in the 1st post, except maybe Mysterio when he comes back

Guest Marshall Mac D
Id like to see birchall come to ecw with the monster gimmick im still crazy for his finisher.

Guest The Great Ahmar
Put some OVW guys up to ECW, like "The Ripper" Paul Birchill.

Mike

I find him so meh, Jay Bradley, Cody Runnels, Idol Stevens, Chet the Jet, James Boys, Mike Mondo and Cabana all deserve a place on ECW more than him.

Guest Redneck Messiah
I wouldn't mind seeing Birchill with his latest gimmick of being a monster in ECW. I wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Jeter as well although I think he'd fit in better on Smackdown. Colt Cabana would be interesting as well. I like Mike Mondo but I don't seriously see WWE pushing him because of his size.

Guest DarkMatchJobber
I wish Samoa Joe was a free agent because he'd be the perfect ECW world champion due to his ability to pull out a good to great match against any opponent regardless of size or style and imagine the epic feud he'd have with Punk on the bigger stage!

Guest MojoPogo
I agree Finaly needs to go to ECW, but i don't think he's able to lead the brand as their star. Finlays got no star power, and thats what ECW is missing and needs as a champion. Not many people are going to pay to see Finlay headline a PPV.

Finlay no star power? He's taken a gimmick meant to bury and given it a life all of its own!!!! Finlay rocks. Little B rocks. This cannot be disputed. But seriously, its a good idea to move him though, because Extreme Hornswoggle sounds too cool for words.