Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Where to for ECW now?

Guest Chriscare

Guest The Franchise

They used to do it in the old ECW in just one hour.

I tend to agree that with just one hour of TV per week they dont really need any more titles. A lot of the titles in the WWE are meaningless now due to their being so many of them.

If ECW was given a 2-hour show then of course a "b" title wouldnt go a miss.

As for introducing tag titles. I really think they should have one set of WWE Tag Titles defended across all three brands as they simply dont have the established teams, nor bother putting the time and effort in, to make the two sets of tag titles have any meaning or credibilty let alone introducing a third

In just one hour we used to see the ECW TV title defended, the ECW Tag titles defended,and sometimes the ECW World title defended all within an hour back in the old ECW show.

If they could do it then why cant they do it now? More titles you consider meaningless? Imagine if Raw and Smackdown only had one title to fight for. How exciting would it be then? It would be boring as hell. ECW has survived for over a year with just one title.

The time has come for ECW to get more titles in order to keep the show from becoming the next XFL. Plus I have to agree with what a fellow poster had to say that making Johnny Nitro the ECW champion was truly scraping the bottom of the barrel.Truly a terrible choice. What was the WWE thinking? :doh32:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MastersGonads
In just one hour we used to see the ECW TV title defended, the ECW Tag titles defended,and sometimes the ECW World title defended all within an hour back in the old ECW show.

If they could do it then why cant they do it now? More titles you consider meaningless? Imagine if Raw and Smackdown only had one title to fight for. How exciting would it be then? It would be boring as hell. ECW has survived for over a year with just one title.

The time has come for ECW to get more titles in order to keep the show from becoming the next XFL. Plus I have to agree with what a fellow poster had to say that making Johnny Nitro the ECW champion was truly scraping the bottom of the barrel.Truly a terrible choice. What was the WWE thinking? :doh32:

This isnt the original ECW!

I will reiterate my point a few posts back

The ECW as it survives now, is a developmental brand, building television time and a fanbase for people like Punk, Burke and Cor Von before thy are moved on to Raw or Smackdown, and do you know what....it is working.

As I said in my original post, it is time that ECW was moved away from the likes of Balls Mahoney and Tommy Dreamer, and concentrated on building the main event scene which they are doing, to complicate this now by adding new Titles, would be a step back for ECW as it stands as a brand, and would simply undo all the good work they have done recently, in making ECW in its current form credible

Please stop getting a hard on over titles.

Its just getting stupid. The fact you've complained over their current ECW champion and then suggest they should have more titles makes it even more farcical. So they put the title on one of the most over people on the show, yet thats bad, so lets have more titles to put on people who aren't over?

I guarentee you in fact I'd bet the GDP of Canada that having more titles in ECW would change absolutely nothing.

And in the old ECW you'd rarely and I mean super rarely ever see the World, TV and Tag titles defended in 1 hour. Like once or twice a year if you were lucky.