Fan Clubs (beta)

Who or what was you inspiration?

Guest Marshall Mac D

Guest MojoPogo
I don't really have any inspirations, people I look up to and want to be like. But, in the same boat as DraVen, i'd like to one day be able to repay my parents for all they've done for me. Not sure they've 'inspired' me as such though. Just, kinda...clothes, fed, housed and taught me. They made me from scratch...literally!

My god! You're a robot!!! That explains a few things......:P

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

I agree with Ray in that nobody really inspires me. I dont do anything inspired, as such.

But I admire my mother for being so gosh darn strong, living with a disability as well as raising two kids and being a housewife. Its hard putting up with my brother and I, as well as an alcoholic husband.

On a different tack, one of my closest friends is basically what I would be like at 19 had I turned out a lot better. We're so alike in so many ways, and she is everywhere that I want to be in my life.

Guest Jimmy Redman
You've never noticed that DraVen always types in American English?

Neither of you have noticed that 'mom' is really the only word he Americanises?

Guest Popsi

He's explained this before, think its *** where he's from his accent means that mum sounds like mom so he types it like that.

Could be wrong but i'm sure it's something along those lines.

Jesus Christ, it's one word and already we've hijacked the thread.

If it really matters, it is my accent. I've always typed Mom because I've always called her that, as she did for hers. It's a Walsall thing, if not a Black Country thing (although a lot of my family use the term "mother", but I'm not that posh).

It's also the only word I "americanise" in type format.

Guest FreeSpirit

Apart from my Mum who was a huge inspiration, my number one inspiration in life is Sir Richard Branson.

The guy started from humble beginnings and has worked his ass off to get to where he is today. He is extremely charismatic, and has such a determination and drive to get what he wants and where he wants to be, and to me its simply amazing.

Guest The Crippler

I'm not sure if inspire is the correct word but there are certainly a few people who if they aren't an inspiration, are another word that comes close.

The first person I'll mention is my mum. I love her very much. From when I was round 9 or 10 until I was around 15 or 16, she suffered from very severe depression and lived in a mental home. To see her turn into a complete and utter shell of what she was was very difficult for me but the last 8 years have been a complete joy to see her become the person I knew before again. I guess she inspires me because she's come out of that so well.

I also think she's inspired my studies. When I got my a 2:1 in my degree the other week, I was immensely satisfied. Both because I absolutely hated what I was studying and managed to stick at it and get something in the end and also because it would make my mum happy. I can't wait for my graduation on Wednesday so she can have a great time at it. She's bought herself an outfit and is so excited. Thinking about my mum too much makes me want to cry.

My friends are also an inspiration. I should definitely mention them. As I get older, I firmly believe that those around you help shape you. I think this is certainly the case because when I was around 15 or 16 there was maybe a certain path I could have followed and I didn't. Now I see a lot of people I went to school with who did follow that other path and it makes me feel sad. Not because I feel better than them but because had they been surrounded by better people, maybe things would have turned out differently for them. Maybe they are happy how they are though. What I do I know? What I do know is that I'm glad I have what I consider the right type of friends around me and I love them very much for it.

It always strikes me as vaguely silly to mention famous people whom I've never met but I feel like if I am talking about inspiration that I cannot leave the thread without talking about Thom Yorke. Music is a really important part of my life - if I am at home, I constantly listen to it. I can rarely go through half an hour at home without having music on and my MP3 player is as vital to me when I'm leaving the house as my wallet or mobile phone nowadays. His band have been a great help to me at certain periods of life and they continue to be. He has also helped open musical and literary avenues with the respective styles and themes of his songs and perhaps, distinguishing from most other musicians, his artwork. All very positive things in my view - which makes me always feel a bit confused about the 'depression' thing bandied around him and his band.

Edited by The Crippler

Jesus Christ, it's one word and already we've hijacked the thread.

If it really matters, it is my accent. I've always typed Mom because I've always called her that, as she did for hers. It's a Walsall thing, if not a Black Country thing (although a lot of my family use the term "mother", but I'm not that posh).

It's also the only word I "americanise" in type format.

Mam/Mom/Mum it's all the same:xyx

Guest The Beltster

I wish I could say my mother was an inspiration, but she isnt, unless you need to be inspired to be a worthless mother who has 4 kids who hate her, 2 she never raised and to be a compulsive lying, cheating druggie slut who's had more cocks than a rooster farm.

My Grandparents are who I owe everything to. Simply the two of the greatest people on Earth.